• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What are your concerns with 2.5?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
So we've all started discussing what we're excited about for the inevitable -HD 2.5 ReMIX- and I thought it would be interesting to see if anyone has any concerns or fears about it.

I'm personally a bit concerned for how the Unversed recolour will look in BBS:FM (purple why???).

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
I'm really concerned about what they're going to do with the Mirage Arena... Are they going to improvise it for single player only, or are they actually going to expand it a bit and add true online multiplayer (since the console is more than capable of handling it)?

I'm personally a bit concerned for how the Unversed recolour will look in BBS:FM (purple why???).

It really wasn't that noticeable when I played BbS:FM... I didn't even realize they were purple until halfway through Ven's story. xD

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I do feel a little worried how BBS will be upscaled for the TV. TAV would look pretty big and block majority of the TV screen if left as it is. I assume it'll be like 1.5 where more of the environment can be seen now.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm worried they won't utilize the Mirage Arena and don't make it a multiplayer feature. (God damn it Josh!)

Symphony_Master_BBSFM.png

Trinity_Armor_BBSFM.png

Eugh...

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Hopefully your party members won't disappear after you clear a world in BBS. I still would like to fight with them.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I'm really concerned about what they're going to do with the Mirage Arena... Are they going to improvise it for single player only, or are they actually going to expand it a bit and add true online multiplayer (since the console is more than capable of handling it)?
Oh, yes. Mirage Arena is a big concern. I'd hope they would take advantage of the PS3 and utilize the online multiplayer. It's so disappointing to have the ability to have multiplayer but never having anyone close enough to play it. :C

It really wasn't that noticeable when I played BbS:FM... I didn't even realize they were purple until halfway through Ven's story. xD
Zr35uxv492jTAQGL63DMJm5KbylFpEUb.jpg

It seems so jarring...

I do feel a little worried how BBS will be upscaled for the TV. TAV would look pretty big and block majority of the TV screen if left as it is. I assume it'll be like 1.5 where more of the environment can be seen now.
I really hope they put the same effort into BBS:FM that they put into KH1:FM so no one looks weird and blocky. Aqua's shoulders are especially bad in BBS.

I'm worried they won't utilize the Mirage Arena and don't make it a multiplayer feature. (God damn it Josh!)

Symphony_Master_BBSFM.png

Trinity_Armor_BBSFM.png

Eugh...
That helps reinforce my initial concerns.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards

I thought they were blue?! :O I could of sworn they were before!

I guess the only thing I'd be concerned over is: if they don't translate and voice act everything correctly and the loading times in BBS.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I thought they were blue?! :O I could of sworn they were before!
They're blue in BBS, purple in BBS:FM.

I guess the only thing I'd be concerned over is: if they don't translate and voice act everything correctly and the loading times in BBS.
Ohh! Yes, I'm concerned about the Secret Episode not being voiced. D: I really hope Willa Holland will come back to do it.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Taochan, it'll be okay~ You know what, I am down with some purple. It symbolizes royalty and the Princesses of Heart were heavily featured. (also I diddlying love purple)

As far as my concerns, I am anxious about BBS. It has to look perfect on the big screen, because I said so. Also, I remember there being a frame rate issue when party members came into play, those rare instances. Hopefully that'll be all ironed out.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Taochan, it'll be okay~
sobsob, I hope so.

You know what, I am down with some purple. It symbolizes royalty and the Princesses of Heart were heavily featured. (also I diddlying love purple)
It makes them cuter than they should be!

As far as my concerns, I am anxious about BBS. It has to look perfect on the big screen, because I said so. Also, I remember there being a frame rate issue when party members came into play, those rare instances. Hopefully that'll be all ironed out.
There's really no excuse for those frame-rate issues with it being on the PS3 so I hope they rectify it.

I don't want BBS to be a straight up port. They have to put in the same effort that they put into KH1FM.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Well, purple is a color associated with darkness in the series, so that color choice for the Unversed isn't that off.
That Trinity Armor looks like a mock-up of Final Form though (Or like a Power Rangers Megazord :p)

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
This is definitely a unique concern. I'm not entirely sure if it's a necessary one but they might hold off a bit on close ups.

Oddly enough, fm recolors never bothered me.

dlppictures

Awards
Website
dlppictures.blogspot.dk
Do I have any concerns? Not really.

I would like Coded to be playable, so my only concern would be that it isn't.
I know I'm in the minority with this one, but that really is my only concern.

It makes them cuter than they should be!

When I see the blue Unverse (is it called Flood? I don't know) it always makes me think of water and the sky, I.E happy thoughts.
When I see the purple ones, it makes me think of anger and hatred. And is that not what the Unverse is? (Negativity)

So (for that one at least) I'd say that the FM recolour is the better option.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Yeah, it's basically the same when playing KH FM. You don't notice it.

And I thought that sailor moon heartless was bad.

Remember those framerate issues Re:CoM had in the KH 1.5 trailer? Those were gone in the final build of the game. So, now doubt since it'll be on more powerful technology, there won't be any (or much) frame rate issues.

They have, what, 25 gigs to fill up? Lets say, for example, KH 2 takes up 10 gigs. Re:Coded cutscenes's might take up 4-5 gigs. There's 14-15 gigs left.
BBS was on a 1.5 or 2.5 gig UMB right? They have plenty of room to upscale content, leave NPC's in areas etc.

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
I also hope that they rework the HUD for BbS...

Screenshot05.jpg

BbS has a really small character portrait and really large command section... The fact that it's indented into the screen doesn't help either.

4GTG2.jpg

KH3D is a better example of how I think it should look. You can actually see everything (including the character portrait) clearly, and the command bar is now in the corner of the screen.

kingdom-hearts-ii-238292.jpg

I think BbS can be made to look like this if they drop down the D-Link bar and make it similar to how KH2 had its HUD, with the drive gauge and the MP bar stacked on top of one another.

These things, coupled with the camera/zoom fixed mentioned before, should make the PSP experience form-fit into the PS3 mold.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
Do you guys think we'll see a censored version of KH II?

They have, what, 25 gigs to fill up? Lets say, for example, KH 2 takes up 10 gigs. Re:Coded cutscenes's might take up 4-5 gigs. There's 14-15 gigs left.
BBS was on a 1.5 or 2.5 gig UMB right? They have plenty of room to upscale content, leave NPC's in areas etc.

A dual layered Blu-Ray disc has a capacity of 50 gigs. They should have no problems with storage.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
I've thought about that and it's really hard to say. On the one hand, it seems parents these days are less politically correct, but it seems that since disatisfied individuals these days are more vocal, and the ESRB may be privatized, in those types of groups, PC is a way of life.

Really, this censorship if it persists is likely a political decision in that way.

A dual layered Blu-Ray disc has a capacity of 50 gigs. They should have no problems with storage.
And the average game, seeing as how so many are ported from 360, is well under single layer capacity.

Either HD collection could fit on a 25gb, even with the FMV pre-rendered bits(presumably)being encoded at a similar bitrate and resolution to the ones in Final Fantasy XIII. Though naturally the RECOM videos are smaller.

Last edited:

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Well, purple is a color associated with darkness in the series, so that color choice for the Unversed isn't that off.
That Trinity Armor looks like a mock-up of Final Form though (Or like a Power Rangers Megazord :p)
I just don't want to feel that it's out of place when I see it in game.

Do I have any concerns? Not really.

I would like Coded to be playable, so my only concern would be that it isn't.
I know I'm in the minority with this one, but that really is my only concern.
You're not, at all. If given the choice I would have preferred Days to have a rebuilt battle system along with the HD cutscenes and ideally I would like the same for Coded. I don't think they'll be doing it, though. :c

When I see the blue Unverse (is it called Flood? I don't know) it always makes me think of water and the sky, I.E happy thoughts.
When I see the purple ones, it makes me think of anger and hatred. And is that not what the Unverse is? (Negativity)

So (for that one at least) I'd say that the FM recolour is the better option.
It's interesting to see how we all interpret things differently.

We better not... It'd be more effort for them to change anything like that in the FM. Plus, they seem to be a lot more lenient these days than they were in 2006.

Storage isn't a concern. It's if they're willing and have the time to put in the effort.

Oh gosh, speaking of KH2 though... I'm concerned they won't voice the FM content. Not voicing it in KH1 isn't as big of a deal, because of how little there is. But KH2 has a substantial amount so I'm hoping they'll do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back