• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What are your concerns with 2.5?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I agree it'd be a pity to, after all I was just stating what I'd think they'd do not what I want them to do, but many thought the same of days and that didnt' stop it from becoming just scenes.

Well that's true, but if you ask most they'd tell you that Days' gameplay would need to be redone. This wouldn't be the case with DDD. Also as much as I like Days, it doesn't have the same weight to it as DDD and BBS, both have been described as on par to numbered titles.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Well that's true, but if you ask most they'd tell you that Days' gameplay would need to be redone. This wouldn't be the case with DDD. Also as much as I like Days, it doesn't have the same weight to it as DDD and BBS, both have been described as on par to numbered titles.

It's not that days gameplay it's that the entire game would've had to be remade from the ground up.
It would be the case with DDD since it's gameplay is modeled around a touchscreen that the ps3 lacks.
It's not about weight, its about getting the entire series on one console again, so to nomura and SE it's to do with time and budget.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
It's not that days gameplay it's that the entire game would've had to be remade from the ground up.
It would be the case with DDD since it's gameplay is modeled around a touchscreen that the ps3 lacks.
It's not about weight, its about getting the entire series on one console again, so to nomura and SE it's to do with time and budget.

Oh what I meant was that they'd kind of have to change the gameplay mechanics seeing they really weren't that well received.
Sure both games would need to be remade, but I kind of feel DDD would be the easier one to do.
Also I think the weight of a story could easily factor in into whether or not they'd want it to remake it as a game or not, along which whether they have the resources. Also the fact that it introduced new worlds would also make it more likely to sell better if remade.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Oh what I meant was that they'd kind of have to change the gameplay mechanics seeing they really weren't that well received.
Sure both games would need to be remade, but I kind of feel DDD would be the easier one to do.
Also I think the weight of a story could easily factor in into whether or not they'd want it to remake it as a game or not, along which whether they have the resources. Also the fact that it introduced new worlds would also make it more likely to sell better if remade.
They'd have to do more than change they'd have to rebuild it from the ground up. As for popularity I've seen some that liked it and others that didn't.
If it wasn't easy enough to make Days from the ground up it wouldn't be any easier to do the same for DDD when unlike days it incorporates the touch screen.
Story wouldn't be a factor when days has many fans for it's story and didn't get the game treatment.

It's the same case as it was with days, it all comes down to time and budget, if nomura & SE think theirs time to do it they will if they dont it'll get days treatment.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Is it a sure thing that it is going to be on ps3

There are definitely no plans for the PS4 if that is what you want to know. The whole point of 1.5 and the eventual 2.5 is for the entire series so far to be on one system and eliminate the console spread issue.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Is it a sure thing that it is going to be on ps3

Of course it will. It'd defeat the whole purpose of nomura making the collections to put the series on one system if they didn't put them both on ps3.

Jrs96er

Of course it will. It'd defeat the whole purpose of nomura making the collections to put the series on one system if they didn't put them both on ps3.
Wouldn't it also cost more money and resources for it to be on ps4 and it would alienate everybody who bought it for ps3 by forcing them to go Console hopping again

Gram

Banned
Awards
Wouldn't it also cost more money and resources for it to be on ps4 and it would alienate everybody who bought it for ps3 by forcing them to go Console hopping again

Exactly, which is why you dont have to worry about it not being on ps3 with 1.5.

DMrayZ

Digidork for life.
Awards
At the end of time, listening to the drums...
Exactly, which is why you dont have to worry about it not being on ps3 with 1.5.

I was actually pretty worried about that, before I realized that was a stupid idea, and they wouldn't do it. That said, my only concern with 2.5, which is more of a "hope", is that I really want BBS to be a playable remake, as opposed to coded. That would be awesome.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
my only concern with 2.5, which is more of a "hope", is that I really want BBS to be a playable remake, as opposed to coded. That would be awesome.

Not sure why you're worried about this. BBSFM is practically a numbered game, bar the actual number. PSP to PS3 conversion is a relatively easy process and it is very common when it comes to HD remaster collections like these. Also, Osaka made BBS/BBSFM so it will be the easiest to up-port out of any of the games because they know the programming for the game better than anybody else. BBSFM not being playable would be ludicrous.

It wouldn't even be an HD collection if only KH2FM was playable. Coded, while possible, is probably going to be treated the same way as Days...though I am betting they will make a more cohesive "movie" since they seem to regret not going that route with Days.

DMrayZ

Digidork for life.
Awards
At the end of time, listening to the drums...
Not sure why you're worried about this. BBSFM is practically a numbered game, bar the actual number. PSP to PS3 conversion is a relatively easy process and it is very common when it comes to HD remaster collections like these. Also, Osaka made BBS/BBSFM so it will be the easiest to up-port out of any of the games because they know the programming for the game better than anybody else. BBSFM not being playable would be ludicrous.

It wouldn't even be an HD collection if only KH2FM was playable. Coded, while possible, is probably going to be treated the same way as Days...though I am betting they will make a more cohesive "movie" since they seem to regret not going that route with Days.

Like I said, it's less of a worry, more of a "I just really want to play BBS on ps3."

Jrs96er

Like I said, it's less of a worry, more of a "I just really want to play BBS on ps3."

I've always wanted to play birth by sleep on my ps3 I really hope it's playable it would make no sense to make 2 playable only or just 2 and coded plus isn't coded a recap

Last edited by a moderator:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I've always wanted to play birth by sleep on my ps3 I really hope it's playable it would make no sense to make 2 playable only or just 2 and coded plus isn't coded a recap

Birth by Sleep was made by the Osaka Team from scratch. I have no doubt that it won't be playable, especially considering it was at one point being developed for the PS2.

coded isn't a recap. It follows the adventure of a Sora created from the digitized Jiminy Journal of the first adventure as he travels through the data of familiar worlds in order to uncover the mystery of the bugs that have consumed the journal as well as that of the new messages that have appeared within it.

Jrs96er

Birth by Sleep was made by the Osaka Team from scratch. I have no doubt that it won't be playable, especially considering it was at one point being developed for the PS2.

coded isn't a recap. It follows the adventure of a Sora created from the digitized Jiminy Journal of the first adventure as he travels through the data of familiar worlds in order to uncover the mystery of the bugs that have consumed the journal as well as that of the new messages that have appeared within it.
Psp and the ps2 are very similar I can see why birth by sleep whould be easy to remaster they remastered mgs peace walker and the two psp god of wars for the ps3 wouldn't coded have to be remade for ps3 I don't see square doing that with 3 in devlopement

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back