• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What are your “Current” Top 10 favorite KH characters?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Foxycian

Awards
Well since everyone is doing it I guess I also will show my full list with the original characters and also including Disney and final fantasy characters

1. Ventus
2. Zack Fair
3. Sora
4. Roxas
5. Mickey Mouse
6. Rapunzel (Soo far my favorite Disney princess)
7. Ephamer
8. Maleficent
9. Stitch
10. Vanitas

• honorable Mentions
Skuld
Eraqus (nostalgia, barely seen much of him, still I like him)
Saix/isa
Chirithy (him being our partner made me like him bit more)
Tidus
Cloud
Leon (Im ok with FF8 Squall, but I prefer KH Leon)
Donald/Goofy (nostalgia)
Hiro (big hero 6 characters were cool but hiro is the best)

Many Disney And final fantasy characters I like them from their original Game/Movie but not in KH, so I simply didn’t include them

That’s everything in my list! All the characters that I didn’t mention I’ll just say they still did have an impact on me but Not really that much, but I still like them since they all are part of the franchise, but Anyhow This is My full kingdom hearts list!

Last edited:

pastel.goblin

Awards
1. Naminé - imo easily one of if not the most interesting female character. Starts off morally grey (people still give her shit for it these days but it was understandable and a welcome change to every other pure good/pure bad character) has a proper character arc and develops as the games pass - even if she's been tossed aside since - and has so much untapped potential with her powers. She was introduced in the game with one of the best stories of the series, and though she somewhat plays the role of the damsel at the same time she plays an active part in the whole thing. Deserves the world.

2. Roxas - not much to add really, most people know why Roxas is such a good character. I've loved him (and the KH2 prologue) ever since I picked up KH2 on a whim from the video store, though I had no idea what the heck was going on. His theme is amazing, summer vacation being over hits me right in the heart, and I never fail to tear up at the end of KH2 when he and Naminé smile at each other through Sora/Kairi.

Honestly those two are the only ones at this stage I'd consider "favourites" the rest are going to be more liked characters/honourable mentions.

3. Sora - what can I say, he's the main character aha. He's for sure way less developed than most of the cast, but he's still a joy to play and I'll always be fond of him.

4. Hayner - Idk what to say about him either aha, I tend to get attached to super minor characters in most series, and there was just something about him and his friendship with Roxas in KH2 that I latched on to.

5. Aqua - I enjoyed playing her most in BBS, and she's got a great design. I don't love her as much as most of the fandom seems to aha (maybe because I'm not a dude lol) but she's cool.

6. Young Eraqus - mostly an aesthetic thing tbh, I like his design a lot. I gave up on Dark Road pretty quick and still need to catch up on the story but he seems like a cute doof, even if he grew up into a bit of a shit lol

7. Ava - I haven't played khux at all, so only really know her from Back Cover and story recaps on youtube. She's cute though I guess? I like her friend/relationship with Gula and I'm interested to see what she's been up to/where she's at.

8. Riku - He honestly didn't really click with me til DDD tbh ^^; Maybe it was partly bitterness from him kicking my ass in KH1, maybe it was because I never played/watched CoM til much later so didn't see his full story, idk. Going back and replaying I appreciated him and his arc a lot more and was looking forward to him in KH3 but he's low on the list now because I feel he's peaked and I'd rather he take a back seat for a bit.

9. Kairi - Ehhh tbh I like fandom/manga Kairi, not so much game Kairi. It was fun to finally play as her in Re:Mind, but I think I enjoy her potential far more than what we actually get of her.

10. Donald/Goofy - Two for one because why not. SDG is still by far the best trio (even if I'm super sick of trios)

Honourable mentions:

Axel/Lea - I was a massive Axel fangirl as a teen, adored him, but now he's just... meh. I don't like that he's been reduced to dumb comic relief and giving him a keyblade was pointless. I miss when he still had an edge to him, my fave depictions of him are CoM and KH2. Even in Days he was really... tame? Idk. At least KH3 made him super pretty.

Larxene - she's a total stereotype and an absolute bitch but she does it so darn well. I loved her in CoM, she was a breath of fresh air and a joy to watch even if I hate her for coming for my girl Naminé

Ventus - roxas lite jk. I like his design, and he's got a sweet sort of innocence to him that's endearing

Gula - honestly I like him and Ava mostly because they remind me of Roxas/Naminé lol.

Demyx - he's just fun to watch, and it's forever funny to me that this slacker is a member of this evil organisation full of baddies waxing poetic about hearts and darkness

cakito123

Awards
I'm not sure if I understand what you mean here. For me, it's the opposite.

Larxene is about as pure stereotype as one can be: she is all about both having a cunt and being one, but nothing else. Elrena has to be a lot more than that, because she is a wielder. She was chosen by the keyblade, therefore she must be in some way better than 99.99% of all people. We haven't seen really any of it yet, which is why she isn't on my list, but I expect her to make a strong claim for a place on it in the future.

What I mean is that it is deeply implied (for now) that she is just following someone(s) on their own plans, "just along for the ride".
In UX and CoM she appeared with marluxia so I can deduce it's with him. In CoM I loved how she was so full of herself and confident, she seemed to really be an ambitious person with great plans for herself above all else. When I got in UX/KH3 that she isn't that, I don't think she's so interesting like before, you know?

I like when characters start by being their sterotypical selves, but I don't like that much when it also end on so-simple note like just following someone's plans.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
01) Roxas
02) Riku (It's just a matter of time until he dethrones Roxas, if keeps being well written and getting cool character designs)
03) Aqua
04) Vanitas
05) Sora
06) Xehanort
07) Eraqus
08) Axel
09) Terra
10) Marluxia

Honorable mention: Yozora. We barely know anything about him, but I really like the little we know.

Vulpes XIII

Awards
Currently my top 10 favourites are
1 Larxene
2 Xion
3 Marluxia
4 Roxas
5 Axel
6 Demyx
7 Riku
8 Young Xehanort
9 Saix
10 Vanitas

Honorable mentions
Master of Masters
Brain
Ava
Strelitzia

Don’t know enough about the characters just yet to put them on the list, but depending on how they’re developed in the future I can easily see them being somewhere in my top ten.

Swing

Awards
1. Sora
2. Kairi
3. Naminé
4. Selphie
5. The Heartless
6. Aqua
7. Hades
8. Pete
9. Donald
10. Goofy

2 quid is good

Awards
I was originally going to make a joke post where every spot would be taken up by Leon but I'm thoroughly shocked he made it onto so many people's lists.

Clearly, there is a disconnect between what people really feel vs what FF characters have been perceived as.

Well anyway, guess I'll post a real list,

10) Luxord - I always thought he had a cool gimmick, plus I was pretty into the whole gambler shtick back when I first played KH2 (still am tbqh). His fairly laid back persona and genre savvy ness endear him to me and he'd probably be higher up if he wasn't so minor

9) Demyx - don't think there's anything more to say right? He just has a fun personality, even if it seems one note, there's not a single cutscene where he's present that's not entertaining to watch

8) Xemnas - KH2 really made him out to be this tragic, Shakespearian-esque figure and I gotta say, it really landed for me, he's the only villain in this series who I genuinely felt resided in a grey area (pre DDD anyway). Not even MoM can claim that. Also mansex lol

7) Terra - he's really not that dumb, I can appreciate that there's finally a character that actually seems to go through some introspection and reasons through what's going on around him. Plus Lingering Will is just all sorts of epic.

6) Eraqus - He's Hot I mean it's just nice having an actual father figure and while I absolutely face palm at his speech to Terra on KH3 (damn patriarchy), I liked how flawed he was, and that he didn't really get super redeemed for it. It was a complex situation all round for Eraqus to deal with it and it was interesting to watch unfold

5) Aqua - If it wasn't for 0.2, she probably wouldn't be on this list, I absolutely love that story even with its wonky ending, I feel like it did a lot for her character and it really did make me feel for Aqua, she's really gone through far too much for later games to constantly dunk on her as they have

4) Kairi - Bro she's the og girl, I'll always like her, and I don't care what anyone says, she was more than spunky enough in KH2, what we saw wasn't the issue there, it was more that she had a lack of screen time I feel. Anyway, regardless of how newer games have treated her she's still got that foundation of the older ones for me.

3) Namine - She's the best girl, always, and the first one to really get character development. There's so many facets to her compared to everyone else.

2) Roxas - og edgy boi. Is elaboration really needed

1) Leon - Man. I love him. I loved Squall but Leon is just so great, he's like got all the character development the end of FF8 promised and he's a DAD now, Sora's dad/big brother, it's FRICKIN AMAZING. I only have endless gushing for Leon's character

Honourable mentions: Xion, Goofy and Yuffie

Ink Ribbon

Awards
Most of these lists aren't in any particular order. It's just listing everyone off the top of my head. Of course things could change over the course of the series.

Current favorites:

1. Xigbar
2. Larxene
3. Aqua
4. Marluxia
5. Luxord
6. Demyx
7. Sora
8. Riku
9. Kairi
10. Namine

Honorable mentions:

1. Roxas
2. Axel
3. Xemnas
4. Strelitzia
5. Yozora

Disney only:

1. Goofy
2. Donald
3. Mickey
4. Maleficent
5. Pete
6. Tron
7. Belle
8. Mulan
9. Rapunzel
10. Minnie

Shoful

Awards
1. Xemnas (mansex)
2. Riku
3. Aqua
4. Terra
5. Sora
6. Demyx
7. Young Xehanort
8. MoM
9. Marluxia
10. Ansem SoD

I also really wanna see Maleficent in action again. A boss battle with her in unreal engine will be EPIC

ChaosStark

Awards
I'm not one to pick favorite characters, or really even have strong opinions on characters, but KH is something of an exception because I can definitively say I have a favorite... but just one. No one else even comes close.

First, a couple of honorable mentions.

Terra. His story really could have been great, and relatable for me, but BbS did not (in my opinion) really portray him as going down this tragic, dark path. It was more that he was the victim of bad communication and the machinations of an old creep who wanted a new body. He doesn't even do anything that sticks out to me as morally questionable- the whole thing with Aurora's heart wasn't even him. Why do I have him as an honorable mention? Well... the friend who I roleplay with wrote Terra to be pretty endearing. I guess you could say that it's more the idea of Terra I've warmed to rather than the actual character in the games.

Xehanort (DR version). I briefly mentioned this one in another thread. Mostly, he's an honorable mention because of how he's written, at least in the three episodes of DR that we have. What really got me was the bit in chapter 3 when he's in the dark corridor, being blasted by these dark feelings, and then he says something to the effect of, "These reminded me that I could still feel." That line hit me like a ton of bricks. I've been through a pretty deep depressive episode, and honestly? Sometimes, during that period, there would be painful things that happened, and despite that, I welcomed them, simply because they showed me I could still feel. Looking back, DR Xehanort has some other moments where he's pretty clearly depressed. Basically, he's relatable to me in that way, and I like that because it's not something I come across all that often in media.

So who's my actual favorite? Well...

Xemnas. This one's a little complicated. Long story short, it's a combination of relating to and liking the character as written, as well as personal interpretation and experiences.

Going into more detail... My introduction to the series was Days. Xemnas didn't appear very often in that game, so I honestly didn't have much to go on, but I was fascinated every time he was around. It was like a special event- hey, the leader's on screen! I liked his design and especially liked his voice- I've joked to a friend that the guy could read the phone book and I'd be riveted. I liked the air of mystery (heightened by the fact that his appearances in Days were so rare), his vocabulary, and his intellect. I liked his weapons (I was and still am a fan of Star Wars, though really only the pre-Disney stuff) and hold the opinion that they're the most practical in the series (though who cares about weapon practicality in a fantasy world?). What really sold me on the character was how I was able to interpret him, though.

Like I said, Days was my first KH game, and for several years it was my only KH game- I was aware that KH was a series, but didn't know what happened in the other games and couldn't play them. I had also somehow failed to see that the Organization were supposed to be the bad guys (well, aside from the traitors at Castle Oblivion, though that was more because I was an Organization loyalist at that point). I had gotten Days as I was starting to spiral into the deep depression mentioned above, and so the Nobodies were relatable to me. Depression made me feel like I had no heart, and every time I was supposed to feel something, it felt like I was just going through the motions, so... with the Organization, I felt less alone in that regard. That didn't mean I liked them all. Days is RAX's story, and I... couldn't get into it. I gave up on story mode fairly early on and switched to mission mode to see if I could find somebody I could care about (I was fortunate enough to have a secondhand copy with a completed save file, so basically all missions were available). It took me a bit before I decided to try playing as Xemnas. And what do you know? I ended up caring. I actually played better (to be honest I've never been the greatest gamer), being strategic instead of just button-mashing like I did on story mode. I started constructing a clearer image of him, too- one that I really related to. He was isolated by his position as leader, just as I was isolated by depression. He was in a struggle for legitimate existence, which is something I felt like I was experiencing, too. I saw someone who was capable of both good and bad, but wasn't sure which direction to take- which again, I related to. He was someone who put on a mask when around other people, but who was actually deeply vulnerable and only showed that when he was alone- I was probably projecting at that point. And as I slid deeper into my depression, doing missions as him was really the only thing that kept me anchored.

Later I would experience other entries in the series, where I'd find out that the Organization were the bad guys, Xemnas was a version of this Xehanort guy and actually is super evil, and then there was all the convoluted stuff that DDD threw into the mix. That version of him is at odds with the one that I constructed. I've lost investment in the series partly because of that. That, and the fact that he's dead now... unless they bring him back (which on one hand sure, but on the other, it better not be just to kill him off a third time). I really feel like he got the short end of the stick in a lot of ways (I'm open to being wrong on this; I'm just voicing what my experience has been)- he's sandwiched between Ansem SoD who a lot of people remember because of nostalgia, and Master Xehanort who's the big baddie of the whole series Dark Seeker Saga. Xemnas is the middle child, maybe not forgotten, but less visible- kind of an appropriate fate for a Nobody, now that I think about it. I honestly wish he'd gotten more exploration- there were so many hints thrown out there (particularly bits that indicated a connection to TAV) that could have been so interesting but nothing was done with them. Still, none of that can take away the experience I had with this character, and he's always going to be my favorite.

Sorry for the essay. It's a long story and I tried (and obviously failed) to keep it short. I suppose it makes up for not having nine other favorites to list off... maybe?

Back