• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What are YOU most looking forward to in this game?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

What are you most excited for?

• Total voters

Soldier

Awards
Hello,

As we enter into August and near the end of 2020, We get one step closer to the release of MoM. Even though it isn't a traditional KH game by any means, it clearly has SOME plot to it that will move us further away from the Xehanort saga and into KH 4 (we all know this is happening). So I made this thread with the intent to catalogue what little excitement we might have for this rhythm game.
I'll start
What I'm most excited for is the world map design from KH 2 and BBS, which is arguably one of the best ones they ever designed in the series. Was I the only one that just dashed around freely for 10 minutes spinning into the auroras that bordered the map? Search up KH 3 world maps online and you'll see fan made renditions on this very design concept that are massive in scale (too massive for any game to handle, at least now anyways). Even though they won't be proper "worlds" it's always nice to see things linked between one another, as that's one of KH's running gimmicks.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
I'm looking forward to the music and the plot. When ReMind came out and we ended up getting a fully redone version of Radiant Garden, I knew we were getting the next entry sooner rather than later. Then Nomura said the same. Little did I know that by soon, he actually meant this year -- the same year we ended up getting ReMind. Even though this might not be the typical KH title though, the one thing I've always loved as much as the story has to be the music. Yoko is incredible, and it's wild to me how she can make something like Sinister Sundown and also make the entire FFXV soundtrack and (from what it sounds like) the Data Battle ReMind themes. Don't even get me started on the ReMind Secret Boss theme, my God.

And y'know, many people might not like the idea of a rhythm game being canon, but we've had different battle systems in the series so far. We've had a game with the Card System, and then we eventually got the BBS Command Decks (which is pretty similar, but more streamlined for faster paced combat). DDD and Re: Coded ended up reusing this system as well. Then there's KHX [Chi] with the cards as well (but with a twist), and then Unchained X and Union Cross using medals. Now Dark Road is returning to cards, but with a Flick Rush styled ATB-styled battle system. A rhythm-based combat system could actually be super cool and really intricate if they do it right, IF that's what they're going for.

Cumguardian69

Awards
I'm loking forward to all of the DDR-control method streams of high BPM music.

Chie

Awards
I'm just excited to play a KH game after KH3. I mean, sure, it's not like as much can happen compared to other games, but there was a big "anything can happen" feeling in previous games while KH3 was pretty much entirely what the game said it was going to be. With the return of a weird side game like this, we have no idea where we're going. Sure, it'll start with "let's just look into your memories", but DDD started with "let's take the mark of mastery exam". Where will we end up!?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
The gameplay. I've been wanting a KH rhythm game for years, really excited for the waiting to finally be over.

I guess I'm kinda looking forward to the story but I honestly care so little for Kairi and the finding Sora subplot lol

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
I'm just excited to play a KH game after KH3. I mean, sure, it's not like as much can happen compared to other games, but there was a big "anything can happen" feeling in previous games while KH3 was pretty much entirely what the game said it was going to be. With the return of a weird side game like this, we have no idea where we're going. Sure, it'll start with "let's just look into your memories", but DDD started with "let's take the mark of mastery exam". Where will we end up!?

KH2 started with Roxas doing hoodrat shit with his friends and ended with Sora and Riku fighting against Xemnas in some weird reality space, somehow walked to the Realm of Darkness and found their way back to Destiny Islands because of a message in a bottle.

Melody of Memory could honestly be anything.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I'm most looking forward to Kairi and the plot. Like said above with Chie, we don't know what is going on in phase 2, anything could happen and that makes this new arc very exciting. I'm also looking forward to seeing how Kairi is going to lead this story if she does so. This is something she's never done before and I'm rubbing my hands together in anticipation for this.

I'm also really excited for the music. Kingdom Hearts has gorgeous music so I'm on board with a game that honors that aspect.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The music and the plot. I want to know how the logic of this game’s story works in conjunction to the gameplay.

I hope it is something like “computers!” the way the Data Bosses were explained in Limit Cut lol

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Plot & Kairi I guess. Rhythm games aren't my thing & I don't get why this is the 1st KH game on Switch when they should've ported the older games by now.

Katsagu

Awards
I'm very very excited just for the gameplay honestly. I see the story here as a cool addition, but I'm getting it for the rhythm game, after playing Theathrythm for the 1st time just last week, I can't wait to get a KH one where the music is much MUCH more familiar for me.

It's going to be a fun time.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
The music.

The sweet, dearly beloved music.

It's a musical, rhythm game. Anything else is just trimming.

D

Deleted member 252753

I'm excited to see where the story will go but the gameplay and music are interesting too. I like the music but don't have much knowledge of the individual compositions so am looking forward to getting to know them better. And I am hopeful that I can finally get my partner to play a KH game If it's a rhythm game.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
The music. I guess the plot could be interesting, but I'm unsure so far from what we've seen.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I wanted to choose plot and Kairi, but I had to pick one... so The Kairi. I've been dying for a Kairi solo game since they started games with other protagonists. I mean the music is nice and all, but I can just listen to the songs whenever I want in real life and they don't have as much effect IMO if they're used out of their context (cutscenes of Roxas/Xion during Vector To The Heavens isn't as effective as going from their conversation into the boss fight, knowing you're fighting Xion).

SuperNova

Awards
The music. I am a sucker for rhythm games and KH music. Put those two things together and I am sold.

Oh and story I suppose. Kairi doesn't really spark much interest in me more than where Sora went and what the heck Nomura is planning.

Back