• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What are you hoping for with KH in the next decade?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

OneDandelion

Awards
-I want disney to stop being involved with the series as much as possible
-Final Fantasy Worlds

disney233

Awards
Not bother with Nomura's metaphysical bullshit & tell its own (more comprehensible) lore.
That metaphysical bs is one of the reasons why I don't see a series possible. Too many things to take from the series post KH1 to make into a series, and on top of this, knowing Nomura, (it be a blessing if he doesn't intervene, but it's doubtful) he'll cram in TONS of illogical lore pieces into the tv series.

The ONE reason why I can't see a series for BBS-3 are the worlds. How will THEY work? If they served so little to the plot and they existed solely for...well idk why they existed, how'll that change? I mean...they can scrap the worlds from the tv series, if anything.

-I want disney to stop being involved with the series as much as possible
-Final Fantasy Worlds
That would mean Donald, Goofy, and the relevant 6 would cease to exist. Technically...so would most if not all of the original cast, too, but...
salvation.jpg

D

Deleted member 246005

That metaphysical bs is one of the reasons why I don't see a series possible. Too many things to take from the series post KH1 to make into a series, and on top of this, knowing Nomura, (it be a blessing if he doesn't intervene, but it's doubtful) he'll cram in TONS of illogical lore pieces into the tv series.

The ONE reason why I can't see a series for BBS-3 is the worlds. How will THEY work? If they served so little to the plot and they existed solely for...well IDK why they existed, how'll that change? I mean...they can scrap the worlds from the tv series, if anything.
A KH series would work similarly to Doctor Who/Star Trek/Star Wars. The characters in those shows travel to a new planet/time period, get involved in someone's life, resolve a problem and move on to the next adventure. Which is also how most KH games tend to play out anyway.

Most tv shows are episodic because they want to go on indefinitely but a lot of shows now have an overarching plot spread across the episodes. Kingdom hearts is the same way because SDG and the others go through the worlds to achieve a particular result. So you could incorporate the larger plot into the Disney worlds which the games have tried to varying degrees. I know people complain about 3 not doing it well but you could always fix that for the show.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'd like for Hades to gain a more prominent role in the next saga. Have him become the next major Disney antagonist.

Now that he failed taking over Olympus he should aim outside of his world. Since Nomura loves him he should really utilize his potential

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I hope they actually have the guts to retire irrelevant characters, no matter how popular they are.

Do what they did with The Caribbean and San Fransokyo and push it even further. Make each world feel like its own genre of game, or at least the ones that make sense I guess.

Use more 2D animated films. What they accomplished with Olympus was incredible and it'd be such a waste to stick mostly with 3D films.

Integrate FF/SE characters better into the worlds. Sticking them all into an original location is fine, but surely we can do better than that. Although I imagine with how Disney is these days, it'll be a huge struggle to get that approval.

Ink Ribbon

Awards
Some of these will probably be obvious, others more personal wants.

- Since the cast seems to be all back together again, I hope we can start seeing characters interact with someone outside their norm (ex: Aqua and Xion, Ventus and Roxas, Sora and Terra)
- Learning more about the MoM and the Foretellers is probably a given at this point;
- Disney/Pixar needing to simmer down on their ips. Let Square have some fun and flesh our their characters. That potential storyline with Elsa wanting to struggle between light and darkness would've been really interesting for her.
- I really want to learn more about Lauriam, Elrena, Luxord and Demyx. Perhaps a movie might be able to tie up events from when they were selected to be dandelions and up until how they eventually turned into nobodies.
- This is probably only shared by myself, but I really hope we can learn something about OG Braig. He's my personal favorite character so I was kind of dumbfounded in the epilogue. I didn't know how to feel. I just hope his character isn't wasted (because he probably will be sadly.)
- Although not necessary, I want one joke about how Sora is always late, just like with his mom's cookingl

I probably have more but these are just off the top of my head lol.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
This is probably only shared by myself, but I really hope we can learn something about OG Braig. He's my personal favorite character so I was kind of dumbfounded in the epilogue. I didn't know how to feel. I just hope his character isn't wasted (because he probably will be sadly.)

We've never met OG Braig though. The only Braig we've ever known had already been taken over by Luxu.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I always envisioned the original Braig as mostly the same person after possesion

Luxu may have adopted some of his personality traits and quirks over the years he used his body. Would make sense for him to imitate Braig so no one grew suspicious

Ink Ribbon

Awards
We've never met OG Braig though. The only Braig we've ever known had already been taken over by Luxu.

Exactly, since we have never technically met him. That's just one of my hopes to actually find out what happened with him as well as the other vessels that Luxu possessed. I just don't want to get my hopes up too much lol.

I always envisioned the original Braig as mostly the same person after possesion

Luxu may have adopted some of his personality traits and quirks over the years he used his body. Would make sense for him to imitate Braig so no one grew suspicious

That's a very good point. He would need to maintain his cover as much as possible. Will be interesting to see learning more about Luxu in the future.

GreyouTT

Awards
- That all the games released will be intended / available for the PS console at first release. No more side games and console spread.

The amount of people asking for a Switch game boggles my mind considering we JUST got the entire series onto one console and multi-platform. Not to mention the majority of the fanbase hating that they were spread out.

Also my hopes:

1. Sora meets the TWEWY gang again.
  2. 3D remake of X[chi]/Unchained X/Union Cross like Re:CoM. Just make it play like a command deck game (and hopefully following Re:Coded's example of it). Or a Command Menu game, with the medals as equipment. Any works fine. JUST NO SEARCH FOR ABU.
  3. We finally get Treasure Planet, Atlantis, and Aladdin 3.
  4. An HD port of GBA CoM. (It won't happen, but I can hope)
  5. Disney goes back to their level of involvement that the prior games had.
  6. That Bahamut summon from KH1 finally becomes a thing so I can summon a dragon to annihilate everything.
  7. They finally give us a MARK ALL AS READ FUNCTION FOR THE JOURNAL.
  8. Ports of 358/2 and Re:Coded.
  9. A visit with TRON.
  10. Synthesis stops being the bane of my existence and they stop putting materials after the final boss.
  11. KHUX Global flipping catches up on story with JP. It's literally the only thing it's not caught up on and having simultaneous releases for.

Last edited:

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
I'm late to the party, but now that it's 2020, here are things I would love to see in the next decade for the KH series:
  • Kairi being playable and a party member beyond KH3: ReMind.
  • Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross] remade as a console game in Unreal Engine 4 as Re: Union χ [Cross]. P.S - I know the image below is just fan artwork I discovered on DeviantArt, but seriously it definitely needs to be remade for Consoles.
    kingdom_hearts_union_x_remake__fanmade__by_georgepg_ddnk69p-pre.jpg
  • E3 2020 or Tokyo Game Show 2020 for the announcement of Re: Union χ [Cross], the next new KH game that they are developing right now and/or Kingdom Hearts IV.
  • More Female Party Members in the Disney worlds. Seriously we need more Female party members instead of just getting one Female party member in a specific world in the previous numbered titles (e.g Ariel in KH, Mulan in KH2, Rapunzel in KH3). So bring in Judy Hopps, Moana, Merida, Violet Parr, Helen Parr/Elasti Girl, Raya, Elsa, and Anna
  • 2-4 years for a new Kingdom Hearts game coming out, with a planned out map.
  • Kingdom Hearts IV coming out in 2022 (KH's 20th Anniversary) or 2023.
  • The Disney worlds including the ones based on their more recent animated films (e.g. Princess and the Frog, Wreck-It Ralph, Zootopia, Moana, Raya and the Last Dragon) to be more relevant in terms of story for the KH lore with Sora, Donald and Goofy involved in the film's plot instead of suffering the same fate as what happened to the Frozen and especially the Tangled world from Kingdom Hearts III, due to Disney's guidelines and restrictiveness resulting in the trio to "stick out like a sore thumb". See my issues with the Tangled world in KH3: Here, here, here and here.
  • Having the movies characters from their worlds, be involve in the KH plot instead of just play out like in the movie.
  • More Hand Drawn Disney movies included as worlds in Unreal Engine 4.
  • Xigbar and/or The Foretellers NOT pulling a "Marluxia" by replacing a specific character from the Disney movie and taking their places for lack of motivation and purpose in the world (e.g. replacing Lawrence from Princess and the Frog, Doug and the Rams in Zootopia).
  • Pixar not being too "clingy" and restrictive with some of the worlds based on their films as seen in the Monster's Inc. world in Kingdom Hearts III, where Randall was not fought as a boss.
  • Olympus/Olympus Coliseum, Halloween Town, and The Land of Dragons not returning again as worlds, especially the former.
  • Disney villains getting actual Boss Fights and not suffering the same fate as CLU and Randall from Nomura and the team's "laziness" (CLU) or Corporate meddling by Disney or Pixar (Randall).
  • The "Foreteller" saga lasting for 5-6 games for the next 5-8 years instead of 13-17 years like the Xehanort Saga.
  • No Star Wars, Marvel and 20th Century Fox (except Blue Sky Studios) properties implemented and shoehorned for the next Kingdom Hearts games.
  • Square Enix or Nomura (whomever it is) shoehorning plot elements for the next saga just before the end of the Foreteller saga, much like how they shoehorned the χ/Union χ [Cross] elements almost immediately after the release of DDD and before the end of the Xehanort Saga in Kingdom Hearts III.
  • Maleficent and Pete to stop switching plan/goals in each KH game.
  • Lilo & Stitch, Bambi, Dumbo, The Jungle Book along with Treasure Planet and Atlantis getting an official world in one of the KH games, especially the former.
  • More Final Fantasy cameos
  • D23 Anaheim to host a KH panel in 2021.
  • Square Enix and Nomura to stop shooting themselves in the foot when it comes to the development progress of the next KH games.
  • World transformations for the other characters besides Sora, Donald and Goofy (e.g. Kairi, Xion, Aqua, Terra, Ventus, Roxas, Xion, Lea/Axel)
  • No "Fish Faces"
  • Battle gameplay to have elements from Kingdom Hearts III but be similar to Kingdom Hearts II's Gameplay
  • The return of reaction commands
  • Party member roster expanded from 5 to 7
  • 15-16 playable worlds in the next KH games.
  • World exploration be a mix between KH3 (Giant Open World, wall climbing) and past KH entries (e.g. going inside a building/structure)
  • Namine having a role.
  • Terra, Aqua and Ventus meeting Stitch again.
  • More A/B-list actors, voice actors (from Anime and Cartoons) and the original actors from the Disney films (including Disney Animated and Pixar) for the "Foreteller" Saga.
That's what I like to see for the next KH games.
Basically all this.

I want the next saga to be more planned out.
I want the Disney Worlds to be more relevant and for actual story elements to happen in Disney worlds.
In addition I want Disney characters to be more helpful to the overall plot instead of just repeating movie events.
I would like to see Roxas and Xion get new stories and maybe detail how their Replica bodies now function.
I'd like for Terra and Aqua to also have new stories an help Ven.
I want Namine to have more of a role in the series but also balance her powers out so she's not so op.
I don't want romance/shipping to become canon with any characters. Leave that to the imaginations of the fans.
For the next game series to be released while I'm still young enough to play games.
Same here man, I also would hope in terms of the Disney worlds, especially those based on their more recent animated films (e.g. Princess and the Frog, Wreck-It Ralph, Zootopia, Moana, Raya and the Last Dragon) I love to see Sora, Donald and Goofy to be more involved in the film's plot instead of having those worlds suffering the same fate as what happened to the Frozen and especially the Tangled world from Kingdom Hearts III.

I also think that Star Wars, Marvel and 20th Century Fox (except Blue Sky Studios) properties shouldn't implemented and shoehorned for the next Kingdom Hearts games.

I also would prefer the Foreteller Saga to not end up as long as the Seeker Saga, 17 years for one Saga is a bit much. I'd like for it to begin and end in this decade.
I could see The "Foreteller" saga lasting for perhaps around 5-6 games for the next 5-8 years, as long as Nomura and Square Enix planned it out and don't shoot themselves in the foot, especially Square Enix given that they've been inconsistent with their development slate and tend to announce titles very early in development resulting in little to no info on those titles for the next 3-5 years (e.g. KH3, FFVII remake, the Avengers game, etc..).

I also hope that they don't "shoehorned" plot elements for the next saga just before the end of the Foreteller saga, much like how they shoehorned the χ/Union χ [Cross] elements almost immediately after the release of DDD and before the end of the Xehanort Saga and Kingdom Hearts III. :/

Last edited:

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I could see The "Foreteller" saga lasting for perhaps around 5-6 games for the next 5-8 years, as long as Nomura and Square Enix planned it out and don't shoot themselves in the foot, especially Square Enix given that they've been inconsistent with their development slate and tend to announce titles very early in development resulting in little to no info on those titles for the next 3-5 years (e.g. KH3, FFVII remake, the Avengers game, etc..).

I also hope that they don't "shoehorned" plot elements for the next saga just before the end of the Foreteller saga, much like how they shoehorned the χ/Union χ [Cross] elements almost immediately after the release of DDD and before the end of the Xehanort Saga and Kingdom Hearts III. :/
With Video Games typically having a development cycle of 2 to 4 years I can't quite see 6 games in 8 year. Unless they'll make more mobile games. Which I'm torn about seeing I don't find Union Cross all that fun to play.

My current prediction, if they stick to the PS and Xbox consoles it that we'll get a game every 2 to 3 years at most with a Re:Mind type DLC for the latest game a year after that. Hopefully this E3 we'll get a road map for at least the games leading up to and including KH4.

Personally I hope we don't get a Re:Union Cross, seeing I'd rather have a new story pushing the narrative forward or developing the cast we already have. The only remake I'd honestly want is Days, cuz it doesn't look as nice as I remembered.

disney233

Awards
I realized I replied to the same reply, but uhhhh...yeah Dragon Quest worlds.

That's one of my hopes.
-More Square Enix worlds, NOT ONLY Final Fantasy

But my greatest hope is just like everyone else's. Let Final Fantasy exist in this series again, Even Re:Mind's making me anxious on this, and actually give the Disney worlds involvement again. Disney & Final Fantasy exist in this game. Stop squandering their potential.

As far as I'm concerned, currently, the Final Fantasy aspect is gone, and the Disney aspect is reduced to nothing but Disney movies, starring a self-insert anime oc...also Donald & Goofy. IF ARENDELLE DOESN'T PROVE MY POINT, IDFK WHAT DOES.

This. Needs. To. Change...PLEASE.

Last edited:

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
With Video Games typically having a development cycle of 2 to 4 years I can't quite see 6 games in 8 year. Unless they'll make more mobile games. Which I'm torn about seeing I don't find Union Cross all that fun to play.

My current prediction, if they stick to the PS and Xbox consoles it that we'll get a game every 2 to 3 years at most with a Re:Mind type DLC for the latest game a year after that. Hopefully this E3 we'll get a road map for at least the games leading up to and including KH4.

Personally I hope we don't get a Re:Union Cross, seeing I'd rather have a new story pushing the narrative forward or developing the cast we already have. The only remake I'd honestly want is Days, cuz it doesn't look as nice as I remembered.
With Square Enix using the Unreal Engine 4, they can still reuse the character models (e.g. Sora, Riku, Kairi, Donald, Goofy, Roxas, Ventus, Aqua, The Foretellers, Xigbar etc..) and worlds (e.g. Twilight Town, Radiant Garden, Destiny Islands, Toy Box, Arendelle) from Kingdom Hearts III for the next KH games without restarting from scratch again so development will move a lot faster than in previous KH titles, however when it comes to the new Disney/Original worlds and characters they create, it may take them another year or two to develop. I do expect the next new KH game for the PS5 (or whichever console it's releasing) to come out around mid-late 2021 or 2022, mainly the latter as it's the 20th anniversary of the first KH game and the KH franchise and going by the release pattern on how they release a new Kingdom Hearts game, it's usually 1-2 or 3-4 years for a new KH game (depending of the KH title) to come out.

Here's a breakdown for the development for the KH games:
  • For the first KH game, development started in the year 2000 and ended in late 2001/early 2002 (Jan./Feb. 2002) which means development lasted for 2 years. For Kingdom Hearts II, development started after the release of KH Final Mix in December 2002 and lasted until mid-late 2005 (2 1/2-3 years).
  • Not sure how long development for Chain of Memories, Coded, and 358/2 Days took, but I think the former started sometime after the release of the first KH game and before KH2 entered Development.
  • Development for Birth By Sleep started since 2005 and lasted until late 2009 (4 years), Dream Drop Distance started since early 2010 following the release of BBS and lasted until late 2011/early 2012 (1 1/2-2 years).
  • Finally, Kingdom Hearts III had the most interesting development for a KH game, as development started since late 2012/early 2013 but due to a switch from Square's Luminous engine to the Unreal Engine 4 in October 2014, development for KH3 restarted under the new engine up until November 2018 (5-6 years of KH3 being in development (1-2 years under Luminous; 4.25 years under the Unreal Engine 4).
  • Regarding the II.8 Final Chapter Prologue, I'm not sure when development started but I think development for that title started around the same time that KH3 switched into the Unreal Engine 4 (October 2014), even the Graphics from 0.2 Birth By Sleep seems to suggest it was the first KH title that the team were testing on and the graphics for this game looked uncanny when compared to the Unreal Engine graphics of the X Back Cover movie and Kingdom Hearts III.
I'm fairly certain we will get around 5-6 games for the "Foreteller" saga and that storyline will last for 9-10 years, when compared to the 17 years for the Xehanort Saga. I also think Union Cross seems likely to get a remake sooner or later as Re: Union Cross for consoles, so folks who don't have or use a smart phone and don't want to bother purchasing the game and the medals can have a straightforward version of the game without the filler missions and side quests, plus official voice acting and being in Unreal Engine 4.

Also, most new Kingdom Hearts games usually are announced at the Tokyo Game Show (e.g. Kingdom Hearts II, Coded, 358/2 Days, BBS, the HD Collections and II.8 Final Chapter Prologue), but their were some exceptions to this, such as Dream Drop Distance (previously announced as KH: 3D) and Kingdom Hearts III were announced at E3 2010 and E3 2013 respectively.

Last edited:

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Use more 2D animated films. What they accomplished with Olympus was incredible and it'd be such a waste to stick mostly with 3D films.
Don't forget 100 Acre Wood, in fact, both Olympus and 100 Acre Wood made most of the characters from those worlds feel more fluid and expressive when compared to their previous appearances in past KH games. Even Maleficent, Jiminy Cricket, the Hercules characters such as Phil, Pegasus, and Hades along with the Winnie the Pooh characters such as Piglet and Rabbit are much more animated, even the latter character is able to change his expressions from his eyebrows whenever he's happy, angry and worried.

I'm also a bit Jealous that they were the ONLY traditionally animated properties in Kingdom Hearts III, cause imagine if worlds like Agrabah, The Land of Dragons, and Pride Lands, were implemented to KH3, especially the latter world in Unreal Engine 4 at least we wouldn't worry about Scar making two default expressions and being badly animated.

Hopefully the next KH game, KHIV, and Re: Union X (If it gets a remake) will utilize the 2D films as worlds.

Last edited:

horto12485

Awards
Here is my Wishlist for Kingdom Hearts during the Next Decade...

No more 100 Acre Wood, Olympus, Halloween Town, Land of Dragons and Atlantica.
More Female Party Members in Disney Worlds
Better Gameplay of the Next Saga
Open Worlds
Disney Worlds being more Relevant in the Series
More Disney Bosses
Kairi having more of a Important Role in the Next Saga
Bambi, Dumbo, Atlantis the Lost Empire, Jungle Book, Treasure Planet and Lilo and Stitch getting Official worlds in Each Game of the Next Saga.
Namine having a Role in the Next Saga.
Foreteller Saga lasting 2-4 Years instead of 10-15 Years
No Star Wars, Marvel and 20th Century Fox properties in the Game unless there are References or Cameos
Don't make Pixar Cringey in the Next Saga
Have more Hand Drawn Disney Movies be utilized in Unreal Engine 4
Have at least 13-15 Worlds playable in Each Game of the Next Saga
World Transformations besides Sora, Donald and Goofy but for everyone else (Kairi, Riku, Aqua, Terra, Ventus, Lea/Axel, Xion, Roxas)
More Final Fantasy Cameos
Party Members going up to 5 to 7

D

Deleted member 246005

A Marvel or Star Wars world.
A proper FF world.
Sora to pass the torch onto someone else.
A Verum Rex game.
A potential KH anime not starring the main cast- like Star Wars Rebels or the Fantastic beasts film.

Edit- i didn't realize the last 3 suggestions could all be the same.

Last edited by a moderator:

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
A Marvel or Star Wars world.
A proper FF world.
Sora to pass the torch onto someone else.
A Verum Rex game.
A potential KH anime not starring the main cast- like Star Wars Rebels or the Fantastic beasts film.
I'd say NO to the former.

I'd don't want Marvel and especially Star Wars to be shoehorned into the KH franchise.

Zetsumei

Awards
I'd like to see Disney acknowledge KH in one of their reboot films. Just as an easter egg or something.

Awards
  • It'd never happen, but I'd absolutely love a 2.5d hand-drawn, turn-based rpg as a spin-off with a really fluid number of party members you could jump in and out for their own side quests. Starring Roxas, Xion, Axel, and Saix as the main fighters, and Namine, Hayner, Pence, Olette, and some classic Disney characters as interchangeable supports who offer different battle types would be pretty cool. A small number of worlds, but they're all vast in their size and complexity.
  • Primarily stick to Heartless and Nobody as the enemy types. I'm not a fan of the Unversed, and the Dreamcatchers didn't feel like they meshed with KH to me. Any other new enemy types would require further convolution of lore to exist.
  • Console remake of Union X, or at lest just HD cutscenes, like 358/2 Days and Coded received.
  • Stick to releases on one platform. Stop alienating your own audience. The current Playstation and Xbox format works perfectly.
  • Reintegrate the Final Fantasy characters and give them storylines, not just cameos.
  • Do new stories in the Disney worlds and allow the characters to influence the overarching KH plot, and vice-versa.
  • Don't be afraid to retire characters. Just finish their stories before they completely disappear from the story.
  • Very minimal new characters.
  • More Disney bosses and less repeat bosses.
  • Drop the cloaked mystery figure shtick.
  • Massively shorter sagas. I don't want to be trying to follow this series into my 40s and 50s lol. Each saga should be like, 3-6 games spread over a maximum of eight years.
  • Drop the numbered title format so the sub-titled "spin-offs" for more relevant as proper sequels.
  • Hire a team of competent writers! I cannot stress this enough! Between how nonsensical the lore is, and how bad the dialogue typically is, this series is so hard to understand and take seriously.
  • Have a well-defined road map of each story planned in advance, instead of seemingly making things up as development goes along, and then retconning things left and right with Final Mix rereleases, time travel, etc. No ReMind-esque recycled content dlc. If there's dlc, make it fresh content that expands the story.
  • Take a cue from Fragmentary Passage... Not every game needs to be a 20ish hour long epic. Do some shorter, digital release 'fragmented passages --' tell us the stories of the fall of Radiant Garden with the escape of the FF crew and Maleficent's rise in short form.
  • If Maleficent and Pete are sticking around, then they need to be more active players.
  • Finish one story before moving onto the next. There's a difference between teasing and foreshadowing the future, and outright jumping over the end of one story and failing to properly explain all of its elements.
  • Go back and finish the dangling threads in the worlds of Tron, Toy Story, and Pinocchio.
  • More TWEWY would be really cool.
  • Allow the likes of Destiny Island, Radiant Garden, Traverse Town, etc. to still be explored as hub worlds with hidden items, even if they're not relevant to the story.
  • Allow us to explore the worlds and access data battles with other characters as post-game content.
  • Optional side quests in each world so there's more reason to stick around them and continue playing the game after its completion.
  • New character dynamics. Don't just limit everyone to their existing trios -- show me what Saix, Namine, Aqua, and Kairi look like together, etc.
  • If a world lends itself to it, use existing baddies from that franchise as in-game enemies. A Hawaii-based Lilo & Stitch worlds would lend itself fantastically to using the literally hundreds of loose experiments as possessed enemies, much like the Heartless-possessed toys in Toy Box in KH3, or Maleficent's lackeys in her castle in BBS.
  • A potential series end. Give fans an out if they decide they want closure.

Last edited:
Back