• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What are/were you eating?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Color Me Evil

versus
Awards
if there is one thing in this life that i love, it is food. let us talk about the things we have just consumed. nutrition.

the day i move out can't come soon enough, so i've been starting to learn some basic recipes that I can just throw together. for lunch i just had some bruschetta with a cherry tomato, mozzarella, olive oil and basil salad. so easy, so delicious. nom.

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
I plan on making my famous shrimp scampi recipe (that i built with online resources) sometime this week. I just recently perfected it to the point where my own mother is praising it.

The ingredients!

• 1 1/4 Stick of Butter
  • 1lb of Shrimp
  • Baby Portabella mushrooms (I usually just buy the already sliced packs)
  • Cilantro (you can buy this in a tube if you don't feel like chopping it)
  • A box of Angel Hair pasta (or any pasta of your choice)
  • Garlic salt
  • Pepper
  • 8 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil (or your preferred type of olive oil)
  • 1/4 cup of flour
  • 1 Red bell pepper
  • Bag of mozzarella cheese
  • 2 or 3 garlic cloves

*Chop up your red peppers, garlic cloves, and cilantro before hand and have your shrimp de-tailed and thawed. Once you start making the sauce everything will move pretty quickly.

The recipe!

1. Melt 1 stick of butter over a low heat and add in the 8 tbsp of olive oil.
  2. Add the mushrooms, red peppers, cilantro, garlic cloves and shrimp to the garlic sauce. Sprinkle a little bit of garlic salt and let sit for 10 mins on medium low heat.
  3. While the garlic sauce is marinating, start boiling the pasta.
  4. Once the garlic sauce has about 3 mins left melt the remaining 1/4 stick of butter in a separate pan on a medium. Once it's melted add in the 1/4 cup of flour and stir until you have a thick buttery mix (a.k.a a Roux).
  5. Add the Roux to the sauce mix and stir to thicken it up. You should start to see the oil and butter separate a little.
  6. Turn the garlic sauce on low heat and add in the mozzarella with a little more garlic salt. Stir for about 30 seconds.
  7. Eat garlic sauce with pasta once it's finished...

If your garlic sauce came out a little to thick you can add a little more olive oil or water to even it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back