• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What are the remaining Disney worlds going to be?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

What are the remaining Disney worlds going to be?

• Treasure Planet (Lol, this is a pipe dream now but still I'll include it)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Jungle Book

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • The Princess and the Frog

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Atlantis: The Lost Empire

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • Another Returning Disney world e.g. Aladdin, Tron, etc... (please state if you select this option)

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • A world not named in the poll (please state if you select this option)

Votes: 11 18.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsoraful

Awards
Something that caused me to stop believing in a Jungle Book world was the Powerwild heartless in the Pirates world. If Jungle Book was appearing I have no doubt they would be in that world then the Pirates one.

You do realize the same heartless appears in multiple worlds right? There's not one that is specific to only one world. The monkey was in almost 5 worlds in KH.

kingsoraful

Awards
^ It's funny, because when I first saw the Powerwild in the trailer, I thought it made TJB more likely and I'm not even clamoring for TJB like a lot of people here.

First there's the fact that generally most Heartless in any KH game appear in more than one world. The next thing is that it's hard to believe they would bring the Powerwild back just for The Caribbean since monkeys definitely aren't what I would think of for that movie. I'd have thought crabs or water-related creatures (none of the Heartless in KH2's Port Royal were monkeys either). Even the area we see them at in the trailer looks like they just threw something into that space to bother Sora as he's climbing.

The Powerwild might be a Heartless they returned specifically for another world, like TJB, that they re-purposed for the handful of jungle-y areas of The Caribbean. I doubt there are even that many areas like that in that world, considering there's the ships, ocean surface, underwater, and beach that would take up most of the world. I believe Nomura said we'll even be able to traverse in the air somewhat in that world.

Don't forget the Maelstrom cause that's where the showdown between Davy Jones happens and they even have Tia Dalma in the trailer petting the crab which is a hint that she's Calypso so that is being kept in which means likely we're getting our epic maelstrom bbattle scene.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I think Jungle Book and Atlantica have a higher chance of appearing after PotC. Pirates was essentially included because they wanted to bring it back and do it justice with the new engine, which to me means they might be focusing on building a game which represents the "perfect" culmination of everything previous KH games have done, mechanically and aesthetically. Jungle Book gives us animal forms like Pride Lands in KH2 so they can retrofit that idea and showcase it exactly as intended; whatever similarities it bears to Tangled environmentally are balanced out by the overhauling of the play style. Atlantica similarly provides a fully underwater gameplay experience which was attempted in KH1 and which was met with widespread criticism, although I personally loved it. It also provides the opportunity to "course correct" from the KH2 musical world which was similarly disdained, so there's some incentive there to "redeem" that world as well.

I'm not convinced that either of these will actually make it in, I just think there's a more decent shot of it now than before. I honestly never thought they would bring Pirates back for this game, so at this point anything's possible imo.

I really don't think Atlantis is going to happen, though. I think it would have been revealed as the "surprise" world at E3 if it were being included. I hope I'm wrong.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I figured Frozen was always going to be the suprise world at E3. Hell, Nomura even said that was the intention. Assuming Atlantis is part of the third cycle of worlds along with San Fransokyo and possibly Pirates, it could still be revealed later on down the line.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
^ It's funny, because when I first saw the Powerwild in the trailer, I thought it made TJB more likely and I'm not even clamoring for TJB like a lot of people here.

First there's the fact that generally most Heartless in any KH game appear in more than one world. The next thing is that it's hard to believe they would bring the Powerwild back just for The Caribbean since monkeys definitely aren't what I would think of for that movie. I'd have thought crabs or water-related creatures (none of the Heartless in KH2's Port Royal were monkeys either). Even the area we see them at in the trailer looks like they just threw something into that space to bother Sora as he's climbing.

The Powerwild might be a Heartless they returned specifically for another world, like TJB, that they re-purposed for the handful of jungle-y areas of The Caribbean. I doubt there are even that many areas like that in that world, considering there's the ships, ocean surface, underwater, and beach that would take up most of the world. I believe Nomura said we'll even be able to traverse in the air somewhat in that world.
I agree, even I keep on seeing most people continuing to be ambivalent and saying/shooting down that the forest environments of Tangled are "too similar" to Jungle Book's. I mean that's fine, I don't blame them for making their stance, but look before you jump the gun saying they have similar environments because they don't.

For comparison, here are some of the Forest locations from Tangled:
tangled-disneyscreencaps.com-1751.jpg

tangled-disneyscreencaps.com-2017.jpg
tangled-disneyscreencaps.com-3607.jpg

tangled-disneyscreencaps.com-5927.jpg

tangled-disneyscreencaps.com-4238.jpg

And these are the locations from The Jungle Book:
jungle-book-disneyscreencaps.com-17.jpg

jungle-book-disneyscreencaps.com-21.jpg

jungle-book-disneyscreencaps.com-25.jpg

giphy.gif

jungle-book-disneyscreencaps.com-7034.jpg

Both of the environments are different. The majority of the areas from Tangled (aside from the Kingdom and Rapunzel's Tower) including the foliage and plants that reside here are entirely Forest along with the Snuggly Duckling, and an underground passage that leads to a Dam that lives around it, whereas the ones from the Jungle Book is entirely Jungle with Ruined Temples, a Waterfall, a village, and a barren area where Mowgli meets the vultures.

Same could be said about the other worlds in previous installments that have a similar environment on a specific area but the entire levels are different due to the theme of the entire world itself, for instance, the Snowy Mountains from The Land of Dragons (Mulan) and Christmas Town within Halloween Town (The Nightmare Before Christmas) in KH2, and the forested areas of Dwarf Woodlands (Snow White) and the forest area path that leads to the Forbidden Mountain from Enchanted Dominion in BBS.

So really I don't see the reason for shooting down other Disney worlds just because of a certain area from a film is similar to another (e.g. Tangled/Pirates to Jungle Book; Pirates to Atlantis). Besides Wreck-It Ralph wasn't not included as a world in KH3 because it shared a similar theme to the Toy Story world: Objects/Characters coming to life when humans aren't around.

The ONLY thing that might prevent Jungle Book from appearing, despite its history of being removed thrice as a world from Kingdom Hearts, Birth By Sleep and Dream Drop Distance is whether or not the story and it's themes of the film would fit into Kingdom Hearts III.

You do realize the same heartless appears in multiple worlds right? There's not one that is specific to only one world. The monkey was in almost 5 worlds in KH.
I agree, heck in the Kingdom Hearts III Frozen trailer, Sora was seen fighting against the Minotaur Heartless in the Frozen world, they are exactly the same ones Sora fought in Olympus.

Don't forget the Maelstrom cause that's where the showdown between Davy Jones happens and they even have Tia Dalma in the trailer petting the crab which is a hint that she's Calypso so that is being kept in which means likely we're getting our epic maelstrom battle scene.
[video=youtube;G3a4Y_YhWK0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3a4Y_YhWK0[/video]

That was one of my favorite scenes in the film and I can so imagine how it would look like in the game itself from the Black Pearl and the Flying Dutchman fighting each other to the use of swinging and flow-motion involved.

I do hope that we get to fight Davy Jones himself as a boss, cause I don't want Nomura to not make him a boss just like what he did to CLU in DDD.

I think Jungle Book and Atlantica have a higher chance of appearing after PotC. Atlantica similarly provides a fully underwater gameplay experience which was attempted in KH1 and which was met with widespread criticism, although I personally loved it. It also provides the opportunity to "course correct" from the KH2 musical world which was similarly disdained, so there's some incentive there to "redeem" that world as well.

I don't think Atlantica is coming back since Ariel is already a Summoning Link, so that rules that world out.

Last edited:

ImVentus

Awards
I agree, even I keep on seeing most people continuing to be ambivalent and saying/shooting down that the forest environments of Tangled are "too similar" to Jungle Book's. I mean that's fine, I don't blame them for making their stance, but look before you jump the gun saying they have similar environments because they don't.

For comparison, here are some of the Forest locations from Tangled:
tangled-disneyscreencaps.com-1751.jpg

tangled-disneyscreencaps.com-2017.jpg
tangled-disneyscreencaps.com-3607.jpg

tangled-disneyscreencaps.com-5927.jpg

tangled-disneyscreencaps.com-4238.jpg

And these are the locations The Jungle Book:
jungle-book-disneyscreencaps.com-17.jpg

jungle-book-disneyscreencaps.com-21.jpg

jungle-book-disneyscreencaps.com-25.jpg

giphy.gif

jungle-book-disneyscreencaps.com-7034.jpg

Both of the environments are different. The majority of the areas from Tangled (aside from the Kingdom and Rapunzel's Tower) including the foliage and plants that reside here are entirely Forest along with the Snuggly Duckling, and an underground passage that leads to a Dam that lives around it, whereas the ones from the Jungle Book is entirely Jungle with Ruined Temples, a Waterfall, a village, and a barren area where Mowgli meets the vultures.

Same could be said about the other worlds in previous installments that have a similar environment on a specific area but the entire levels are different due to the theme of the entire world itself, for instance, the Snowy Mountains from The Land of Dragons (Mulan) and Christmas Town within Halloween Town (The Nightmare Before Christmas) in KH2, and the forested areas of Dwarf Woodlands (Snow White) and the forest area path that leads to the Forbidden Mountain from Enchanted Dominion in BBS.

So really I don't see the reason for shooting down Disney other worlds just because of a certain area from a film is similar to another (e.g. Tangled/Pirates to Jungle Book; Pirates to Atlantis). Besides Wreck-It Ralph wasn't not included as a world in KH3 because it shared a similar theme to the Toy Story world: Objects/Characters coming to life when humans aren't around.

The ONLY thing that might prevent Jungle Book from appearing, despite its history of being removed thrice as a world from Kingdom Hearts, Birth By Sleep and Dream Drop Distance is whether or not the story and it's themes of the film would fit into Kingdom Hearts III.

100 percent agree with what you presented in your post. I also believe that a jungle world based on the classic would be presented as very lush, diverse and populated with personality. After how I seen how Disney has handled The Jungle Book in other video games the world has been presented as very cartoony but very exotic. It gives a perfect contrast from the more believable looking woods in Corona and the tropical islands in Pirates. I really fail to see how a different type of jungle couldn't be different from it's peers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back