• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What are the odds of Kingdom Hearts 3 Final Mix?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

KH_fan_03

Hi guys :)

Now that Kingdom Hearts 3 is out, what are the odds of a final mix version coming out before the next generation of consoles?

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
It'll probably be DLC, and I guess they would release a physical package as well with it. So highly probable. But the days of expecting us to buy a full game again are long gone. And thank goodness for that lol.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
Very High. Sora2016 above already said how things go nowadays.

The only difference between KH3 Final Mix and the others is that it will come out first as DLC (and for everyone), and only later it will get a physical edition.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I was thinking that they may save that for when they transition to PS5 and do a re-release. They may do all the DLC on PS4, then the PS5 re-release will be a physical game with all DLC on disc.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
There might be a deluxe edition with physical content, but they will definitely implement it as DLC like they did with Royal Edition.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I was thinking that they may save that for when they transition to PS5 and do a re-release. They may do all the DLC on PS4, then the PS5 re-release will be a physical game with all DLC on disc.
Didn't the Royal Edition just come with the original XV disc + a code to download all the DLC prior? The DLC for XV was never implemented onto a disc/physical form, was it? I don't think KH3's DLC will be released in physical form either.

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Probably.

And if I want anything I want this:

Critical Mode - Obviously this needs to go in since the difficulty of the game is relatively simple. Not super easy but I was rarely challeneged besides certain moments. But yeah, critical mode would do wonders plus we might get extra artwork at the "The End" screen, which I would appreciate.

A New World - I haven't heard anyone discuss this so maybe it's not a possibility but I want a new world. Just one. And of it had to be any world, it would gave to be Radiant Garden and the FF characters. They were just strangely absent for no reasons and that's harsh if you've played all the the mainline games and expect them to return. Plus it's a good place for interesting story with gaps that need to be filled.

Bosses - I want my damn sephiroth boss. That's all I want.... and also more unique secret bosses. Maybe a Yoroza or Foretellers Boss, hinting at the next game, like every other mainline game has done before (Xemnas, Lingering Will, Young Xehanort)

Colusiem - This one world makes me think that a lot of the cut content would be added in Final Mix because the colusiem is apsent. It would probably be redundant to add since we already have the data battles but this would be welcomed. Not needed but welcomed.

Extra cutscenes and voices - I'm sorry but it threw it me off not hearing certain characters speak. It was just weird so maybe they would do something about that. And extra cutscenes wouldn't be so bad either.

Either way, despite some problems I'm still happy with the game. Its honestly everything I expected and wanted. I'm judging between a 8.5 or 9/10. Eirher way I love this game and I'm embarrassed that I let the leaks get to me.

But still, Final Mix content would be welcomed and would help improve the game alot for games who were expecting final mix content right out the gate (which never happens, it was years before we got final mix in America).

But who knows when they'll release it. Possibly later this year? That's my hope. Any longer and people might lost interest.

furusatoe

But who knows when they'll release it. Possibly later this year? That's my hope. Any longer and people might lost interest.

Yeah, this is my main question: when? I just finished the game and was thinking of replaying it immediately, but now I'm thinking of taking a break until the DLC hits. It has to be this year, doesn't it?

furusatoe

Here are the delays between the original and Final Mix versions of all the previous games that had a Final Mix:

KH1 (March 28, 2002 --> December 26, 2002) = 9 months
KH2 (December 22, 2005 --> March 29, 2007) = 1 year, 3 months
BBS (January 9, 2010 --> January 20, 2011) = 1 year

So if the historical trend means anything, we likely won't see any Final Mix or DLC until the end of the year at the earliest.

NoWay

Awards
Here are the delays between the original and Final Mix versions of all the previous games that had a Final Mix:

So if the historical trend means anything, we likely won't see any Final Mix or DLC until the end of the year at the earliest.
I think that October would be a good time to release a big new DLC packet. During the wait, I’d like to get some free DLC Keyblades like Oblivion

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I imagine Square will go all-in with the FF7 Remake now that KH3 is released, so I'd say we'll probably be waiting until next year for any Final Mix DLC. But that's fine, I can wait a year or so. Maybe like March 2020?

Sora1274

I just hope this time that it is not released as a Japanese exclusive. I fully expect worldwide DLC at some point either late 2019 or first half 2020, but I hope there is no regional exclusive content.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I imagine Square will go all-in with the FF7 Remake now that KH3 is released, so I'd say we'll probably be waiting until next year for any Final Mix DLC. But that's fine, I can wait a year or so. Maybe like March 2020?
They're completely different teams? Throughout KH3's development, FF7R has been in development, too. The KH3 team and the FF7R team are separate, so they're not really related. The KH3 team will likely focus on any DLC and then once that is done they will begin work on the next KH title.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I doubt they'll break tradition, and (without going into detail) this title clearly has chunks of gameplay and story missing.

Spice!

Highly likely, we'll probably get the final mix version as a DLC, and physical release. Similar to how FFXV got the Royal Pack, and the Royal Version.

Leaferian

Awards

Remember though, these times are for physical releases. You generally have to add at least a month onto stuff for physical releases, not to mention that overseas release changes were likely a factor. 9 months is still probably a decent guess, but I don't think it would be out of the question to see some things a bit sooner than that.

As far as free updates, there are a few QOL improvements I'd like for sure. Also some scenes that are bafflingly missable that for whatever reason aren't in the scene theater.

Back