• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What are some of your favourite scenes / lines in Kingdom Hearts...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
...because I need help.

I've been making gifs for the KHI twitter and it's hard to create interesting gifs from across the different games that will please the majority.

I was wondering if anyone would like to share some of their favourite scenes, most memorable moments, or the best lines from the series. You get to express the parts of the series that you love and I can get some inspiration for KHI's social media platform. They can be Disney oriented, feature original characters, be emotional, strong, romantic, whatever! Just say which scenes from across the series that you love.

Making the gifs are fun and they do reach a large audience. A gif from three days ago is currently sitting on 1.7K likes but one from yesterday has just under 300 so it'll be helpful to know what the community likes.

I look forward to reading about which scenes stuck with you as well!

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
My favorite scene is the one with Sora and Riku at the dark margin at the end of KH2. Everything about it, but especially the part with them telling each other "having you for a best friend is something you'll never have so I'm luckier than you".

Another one I really liked was Ventus finding Terra (again...) in Radiant Garden after the Braig fight, and their conversation going
Terra: I just... When I really need you, Ven, I know you'll be there.
Ven: Well, why wouldn't I? You're my friend.

BBS writing might be pretty garbage sometimes, but I really liked how Ventus assured Terra, who had just been calling himself a failure that can't return home, that they're still friends no matter what.

Uh, what else...
Probably Riku baiting Roxas with a quote he also used on Sora, in order to find out if (or: that) he is Sora's nobody.

As for what I think would make some cool (memorable/likeable/...) gifs as well:

Sora reuniting with his dream eaters and thanking them.
Aqua telling Terranort to return her friend's heart or pay the price.
Terra's armor settling down and promising to one day set things right.
Dolan and Gooby protecting Sora against Riku because the value of friendship is higher than a stupid blade's could ever be.
That Cloud + Squall Leon scene where they both act like super-cool edgelords. "Ohh, can you take so many?" - "Oh it'll be tricky if there's one more" - "Oh, I'll take that one then" - "Oh, YoU'rE fIgHtInG, tOo?!" (I'm just kidding, it's a cool scene.)
Tron making SDG the new password (alternatively: them eagerly telling Leon the new PW).
Terra passing the keyblade onto Riku.
Aqua realizing Riku and Sora remind her of Terra and Ven.
Aqua stating that "one keyblade is enough for any friendship".
Axel getting really mad at Roxas remembering him "too late".
Also Axel saying he did what he did because he "wanted to see Roxas" (alternatively: Sora making him feel the same way).
Ava's "Let the wind carry you far, far away..." speech
YX and Eraqus' chessgame, especially the ending of it. "There's more to light than meets the eye." - "Oh I hope so."
I'd say the KH3-Xemnas scene in TT about Roxas, but some people could see that as spoiler so not sure tbh?
Riku telling Sora Roxas is his nobody and Sora being a derp like "HehehHEHhh no I never turned into a...oh" *cinnamon roll face*.
Aced grabbing Gula the second Utada sings "HOLD ME"

Ok I'll contain myself for now. Just a few general ideas.

Awards
Void kinda listed some of my favorites, hehe, but l still got some that I can list.

All three iterations of Sora blocking Rikunort's blade in Hollow Bastion.

"I am Master Aqua, and that's a promise."

DDD's "My Friends are my Power" scene.

Sora and Riku basically stabbing Xemnas with a light beam.

The end of DDD's CGI opening.

The 1000 Heartless scene.

Sora beating the everloving diddly out of Xemnas.

Kairi saving Sora with the light hug :3

All of Sora vs Roxas, especially the end. "You make a good other...."

Sora vs Roxas: Re: Coded edition.

SRK Reunion 2005.

Roxas vs Xion in 1.5 + 2.5

The famous Deep Dive scene with Rox and Riku running past each other on the skyscraper.

"Consume the darkness, return it to light."

Lingering Will preparing to fight Terranort.

Terra going all Super Saiyan in 0.2.

0.2: *door opens* "I'm back! :D"

redcrown

Awards
"You guys really are Users. Your actions are totally illogical."

Phantom

"How dare you get a happy ending! How DARE you!"
Hades before the boss fight against him in KH2.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Xaldin telling the Beast "Who could ever love a Beast". It's a nice throwback to the narrator of Beauty and the Beast.

ImVentus

Awards
"The data is corrupt"
Sora: "STUPID COMPUTER"
(starts aggressively spamming the computer.)

Would make for a fun GIF.

Rosebudx

Awards
I really like the scene in TWTNW where Kairi reveal's Riku's identity to Sora. Idk, it's just always been pretty to me. Most of my other ones have been covered above.

Ree

"Forget it! There's no way you're taking Kairi's heart!"
"Tarzan, go; Sora, go go!"
Namine's charm changing into Kairi's.
"Fair enough, Mickey."
"This castle belongs to me. Xaldin will never be welcome here."
The Sora/Donald/Goofy reunion when they first awaken.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Thanks everyone! I've got quite a lot of gifs to make. I've already published some of them, or similar ones (changed Yao punching Sora to all the men fighting, made the Keyboard smashing in Ansem's laboratory). There are some games that need a bit more love!

Kingdom Hearts - 5
Chain of Memories - 1
Kingdom Hearts 2 - 18
Birth by Sleep - 8
Dream Drop Distance - 4
0.2 Birth by Sleep - 3
Back Cover - 1

Does anyone have any more suggestions for games that aren't KH2?

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
As for chain, maybe the final convo between Riku and Riku Replica? I liked that one a lot.
Aaaand I guess the one before Riku's final floor, where he and Mickey assure state that they trust in each other...but uh, tbh I'm not sure anymore if thats a cutscene or a text-scroller. xD Sorry.
Ahhh screw it, while I'm at it: The scene where Riku tells DiZ he's choosing the road to dawn.
So much Com, all Riku...hmmm.
Uh, maybe Dolan and Goffy catching up with Sora when he's confronted by Larxene again, to protect him and reassure him that they promised they would. I like that one.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Kingdom Hearts: Can't remember what it was, but it was something like: "Kairi! Remember what you said? I'll always be there, too. I'll come back for you, I promise!" "I know you will!" This line makes me cry too, especially when she sees the cave drawing. What a fantastic way to close out that game.

Chain of Memories: "I thought by finding some new strength I could be someone, someone who's not you! But nothing changes... I'm still just empty! Everything about me is borrowed. As long as you're around, I'll never be anything better than a shadow!" (props to the scene where Lexaeus throws Riku up onto the ceiling, that scene gets me every time as both a holy shit moment and a laugh out loud moment)

Kingdom Hearts II: "They'll pay for this." *rips off cloak in the only badass way Mickey Mouse could have pulled off*

Kingdom Hearts Days: "WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM?! You both... think you can do whatever you want. Well, I'm sick of it. Go on, you just keep running. But I'll always be there to bring you back!" Makes me cry like a bitch every time I swear. This line is way underrated in my opinion. I'll take this over a million "scattered dreams and faroff memories" any day.

Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep: "Fine. Then I'll give you a reason to fight. Come and find me... at the one and only place to spawn the χ-blade, the Keyblade Graveyard. There, you're gonna see me choke the life out of Terra and Aqua. Then we'll see how long you play the pacifist." This line... this line actually gives me chills every single time I replay this game, bar none. This might be the scariest any major villain in the series has ever sounded, as he's not proposing, but telling, Ventus that he's going to murder Aqua and Terra regardless of his input, and that no matter what they'll end up forming the X-Blade. This is why Vanitas is such a smart edition to the series: a man who gets off on causing others pain and a master manipulator. He was the one that convinced Ventus to chase Terra in fear of his safety, he's the one that strung Terra further along towards Xehanort than he ever would have, and he's the one in the end that forced Ven to fight. Aqua is the only one he was open about everything to, and even then he knew that with the way Ven and Terra thought that whatever Aqua said about him wouldn't have mattered to Ven and would have already set Terra off.

Kingdom Hearts Coded: "Even if Sora doesn't know us, we know him. You're important to us, Sora." I couldn't find the exact quote I remembered from this game, but the whole Idea of Donald and Goofy being super upset all of the time because Sora doesn't take them on any adventures anymore was really upsetting and cute at the same time. Any time in this game where they comment on how much fun they used to have with Sora, it really just makes me feel bad in the best way :)

Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance: "I once tried to create my own pure light and darkness to forge the χ-blade, but the attempt ended in failure. In my eagerness, I had lost sight of the correct way to achieve my goal. I acted rashly. I can admit that now." I don't like much of the dialogue in this game, but it does have its bright spots. One in particular is Xehanort's self-awareness: I've seen several people discredit this scene of his as uncharacteristic, but I couldn't disagree more. What's more smart than being aware of your own mistakes, backtracking on them, and trying to achieve your goals in a smarter way? The fact that he realized this just makes him a better character, not a worse one.

X Cross: "Don't move, now, It's okay..." This line from Chirithy is so insanely depressing. Think about it: she's saying this, voice probably shaking, as thousands of hearts float around you towards the sky. Sure, KH was summoned, but what for? The foretellers are most likely dead, everyone else is dead, and you're the only one alive. The presence of this line... it just shakes me to my core. For all the problems I had with back cover, I can't say that the original didn't have its moments for me.

Back Cover: "Ava, you're the only person for this." This is the only line where I think I saw some of the Master's true personality in Back Cover, when he wasn't veiling it under a veil of shadow. Every quote from him is gold, though.

0.2 Birth by Sleep -A Fragmentary Passage-: "That is eNOUGH!" What an intense scene, really. Best Terra scene in any game, hands down, bar none.

Enturax

Awards
"Xehanort? Xehanort... Xehanort!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
"We would love nothing more than to have our dear Roxas returned to us" I'd set that as my new sig if you made a gif of that

EDIT: Just a pancake's "Okay, I believe you" with anyone's face and Xehanort's X-BLADE only line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back