• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What are People expecting to be announced at E3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobjam

Awards
This may seem of course quite obvious on one level but I think in terms of general kingdom hearts news and upcoming developments, I believe this is going to reveal a lot to us about the way in which Nomura is going about the development up to KH3. However I'm still unsure even if KH3 will even be mentioned but what do you guys think?

I'm really hoping Nomura either during the conference time or at least during that month does reveal to us more about his general plans on the future of the series and what we can expect and maybe even a time frame.

State

Awards
Oh yeah, I had completely forgotten about E3 (I also forgot about SE and KH3D xD). I am expecting a new trailer for KH3D and a bit more of plot details.

sdr08

Hopefully a trailer for BBS vol. 2 and KH3D, and a interview

k99y77

Awards
expecting a KH HD collection, because of the rumors saying sony will be announcing an HD collection for a popular game franchise in E3, KH3D trailer, KHBBSV2 interview.

zero123

I hope it's an HD collection, cause I dunno how much longer my original model ps2 is gonna hang in there :(
I also hope they say what platform BBSV2 is going to be on... Hopefully the PSP

Radar

Bronze Member
I do not care much for a HD collection thing, I would much rather have a nice trailer for DDD, as well as a real trailer for bbs v2. Yeah, Thats what Radar wants.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
I think Kingdom Hearts is more likely to show up at Tokyo Game Show, but there may be a slight possibility of DDD showing up.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
There's definitely going to be a new trailer for DDD (which they'll hopefully release over 3DS E-Store as well as Youtube a few months down the line >_>), and I'd be really surprised if there wasn't some sort of teaser for BbS -vol. 2- (though whether that's limited to a 10 second clip in the NGP montage remains to be seen >_>; ).

...maybe they'll tease KH3 for Wii 2? =O *dodges bricks*

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
I think Kingdom Hearts is more likely to show up at Tokyo Game Show, but there may be a slight possibility of DDD showing up.

^

Every year it's the same: people seem to forget that SE rarely has much of a presence at E3 unless it's specifically related to the US market, i.e old trailers with english VA, release dates, etc. There are rare exceptions; KH3D was first revealed during E3, but it was revealed during the Nintendo conference along with a bunch of other 3DS titles; I can assure you that given everything else that was announced at the time, KH3D was also the last thing on most people's minds. So I wouldn't get my hopes up for anything too significant. TGS is where shit goes down.

Also it's much more likely that the HD collection that's going to be announced is Metal Gear.

YoshiAngemon

Maybe it would just be nothing, possibly just an English Trailer for the only game for the 10th Anniversary, 3D. If anything, Kingdom Hearts 1, Re:Chain of Memories, and 2 are bound to be sealed within the Disney Vault.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
I'm expecting more info on FF Type-0 an actual trailer for Final Fantasy 13-2 and a fully voiced trailer Versus trailer with a release date. After that an interview or two about the profession on KH3D and an more in depth look at what exactly is KHBBS Vol. 2.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
^

Every year it's the same: people seem to forget that SE rarely has much of a presence at E3 unless it's specifically related to the US market, i.e old trailers with english VA, release dates, etc. There are rare exceptions; KH3D was first revealed during E3, but it was revealed during the Nintendo conference along with a bunch of other 3DS titles; I can assure you that given everything else that was announced at the time, KH3D was also the last thing on most people's minds. So I wouldn't get my hopes up for anything too significant. TGS is where shit goes down.

Also it's much more likely that the HD collection that's going to be announced is Metal Gear.

Here's the thing, though -- if BbS vol. 2 is an NGP game, there's a really good chance that it would show up at E3 in Sony's conference. If it's a PSP game, TGS would probably be too late to announce it and expect it to sell anything outside of Japan.

WaveK89

>So KH3 has finally been announced?
Nomura: We're glad to have been able to make an official announcement of KH3. However, we can't say much, but we know our fans will be excited when more info is released early next year.
>How far in development would you say the game is?
Nomura: FF Versus XIII is still under major development, and its development depends on the development of KH3. The conceptual stages are nearly complete, and we have big plans with the upcoming handheld titles which will set up the long awaited KH3.
---
All kidding aside...though I do really imagine seeing something in an interview such as this around E3 or more likely TGS.

We know Versus isn't being released this year, so I don't see much reason for an announcement of KH3 except to create hype. With KH:3D and the supposed BBSv2 in development, I'd imagine there has been quite some progress on the conceptual stages of the KH3. I suppose this could give way to an announcement, but I still see it as unlikely.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Here's the thing, though -- if BbS vol. 2 is an NGP game, there's a really good chance that it would show up at E3 in Sony's conference.

Oh. That completely went over my head. In that case I wouldn't be surprised if they pull off a KH3D and announce it with a bunch of other games.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
If BBSv2 is something that will happen then I would expect it to be mentioned there. -shrug-

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
What I'm expecting to see from Square-Enix this year at E3:

Final Fantasy XIII-2
(This is pretty much going to be the biggest game for S-E Japan.)

Deus Ex: Human Revolution
(Releases in August, and E3 will probably have some sort of trailer/playable event.)

Tomb Raider 9
(Already been announced, and we'll get a full reveal here.)

Thief 4
(Pretty much a given unless something happens.)

Hitman 5
(Same as Tomb Raider, except we've only seen viral marketing thusfar.)

Dungeon Siege III
(Real close to release here, so they'll probably have it on the floor playable.)

One or two 3DS/NGP game announcements for Square-Enix franchises.
(Can be anything really, but the likelihood of FF/DQ/KH is small.)

What's possible but not probable at E3:

Final Fantasy Type-0
(Depends a lot on how development progresses in the next several months, its out in Japan this summer which is too late for TGS. This event is the best chance to blow it out though. Somewhat likely.)

Fortress
(If it's not at E3, consider it dead. There's a reason I'm listing it here though. :3)

Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance
(I'd only expect this if they're planning on a worldwide release, but it is VERY doubtful. Trailer if we're lucky. TGS is a more likely event.)

Dragon Quest X for Wii or Wii2.
(This is a stretch but we know it's in the works. Might as well list it herpaderp.)

Final Fantasy Versus XIII
(Probably a trailer at the most. Another better candidate for TGS.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back