• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What *are* Anti Sora and Sora's Shadow?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Hey y'all.
This thread might've been opened a few times in the past due to the nature of the subject, but exactly because it's an old debate I'd like to see if there's something I don't know, because I think I've pretty much figured it out.
First of all, with "Anti Sora" I'm talking about the boss encountered in the first KH in Hook's Ship, and not the Anti Form (sometimes people get those two mixed up).

Anti Sora is commonly believed and reported by pretty much every KH wiki to be a Pureblood Heartless, whereas I think that Anti Sora (and Sora's Shadow, which I believe are the same type of beings if not the same entity altogether) is just a reference to Peter Pan and his shadow: the way Sora's Shadow mocks Sora by dancing in place or relaxing is the same as what Peter's Shadow does, plus Riku refers to that as "other tricks he learned", something different than controlling the Heartless (also Riku was never shown as someone who could create Heartless). Lastly, neither of the two is shown in the Journal in the Heartless section, something that only happens again with endgame enemies.

Now, since even KHInsider reports Anti Sora as a Heartless, was that ever confirmed somewhere and my explanation is just empty guesswork?
I'm pretty much convinced Anti Sora is not a Heartless, but if it was stated otherwise I'll accept it. As long as I can fianlly have a soldi answer for this long riddle.

D

Deleted member 246005

I saw them being a mixture of both. A shadow heartless made in the image of Sora's shadow by Riku. I'm guessing the people who can control heartless can control how the lesser heartless look. That can be used to explain why the heartless are different from world to world.

Im sure malificient tried to teach Riku how to make heartless but he declined fearing what happens. So she aquiesed and thought him other things instead.

Just my thoughts.

Not Ienzo

Website
www.fanfiction.net
From what I've seen I think Anti Sora is indeed a Pureblood Heartless.

There seems to be more than one too since Sora's Heartless turns into one in Re:coded and there are Anti Sora's in 3D too.

Also there's Anti Riku and Anti Saix which, like Anti Sora, are Heartless doppelgangers of Riku and Saix.

As for Shadow Sora...I'm not sure honestly. XD It seems to be different from Anti Sora, but it's also a Pureblood Heartless.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
If it's a pureblood Heartless, I also would like to know from where it came from.
It literally cannot be Sora's darkness since it was only capable of making a Shadow (also if KH1 Riku could manipulate someone else's Darkness without even hurting him we really need to rethink the power scale, for he's even above Master Xehanort then).

Heartless don't just magically appear, especially (supposed) ones tied to a particular character.
Also: Anti Sora, if Heartless, must be a Pureblood. Purebloods are usually not that defined. They're either the being themselves (Scar, possibly Ansem) or they're unspecified demons. I don't see why Sora should get special treatment.

Anti-Riku and Anti-Saix don't really exist in the common canon and aren't even confirmed as Heartless themselves from what I remember. Either way, I don't really consider them that heavy of a proof.

To each their own, I think there are too many obstacles for them to be Heartless, I wanna know if this idea that they are comes from a definite source or is just people's interpretation (nothing wrong with the latter, of course).

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
To my knowledge there are no canonical explanations of what it is, exactly - but it's definitely tied to Sora's literal shadow and is a Peter Pan reference, as from the time Riku imbibes Sora's shadow with darkness up until Sora defeats the Anti-Sora, Sora's model will not cast a shadow.

So, aside from that, it's all up to your interpretation

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
To my knowledge there are no canonical explanations of what it is, exactly - but it's definitely tied to Sora's literal shadow and is a Peter Pan reference, as from the time Riku imbibes Sora's shadow with darkness up until Sora defeats the Anti-Sora, Sora's model will not cast a shadow.

So, aside from that, it's all up to your interpretation

I'm cool if there really isn't, but thought I'd ask. I also think this is pretty much what Anti Sora was supposed to be.

​(I literally never noticed the shadow missing from Sora holy diddly)

D

Deleted member 235902

AntiSora and Shadow Sora are Pureblood Heartless. Typically, Pureblood Heartless are created when someone's heart succumbs to darkness or they lose their heart. The darkness of their heart comes out and consumes their own heart and becomes a Pureblood Heartless. But, there's also another way for Pureblood Heartless to be created. They can be created by someone just drawing out some of the darkness in their heart. Some people are able to draw out some darkness out from within their heart, which then turns into Pureblood Heartless. According to Nomura, this is what Xehanort did in BBS with the Neoshadows that surrounded Ventus when he was younger. He also said Maleficent has done this before as well.

AntiSora and Shadow Sora are Pureblood Heartless that Riku created on Captain Hook's ship by drawing out some of the darkness from his heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back