• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What animals would Sora and co be in Zootopia?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

WaltK

Awards
What the title said.

If it appears in a game with multiple protagonists again, it’d be interesting if they played with the different animal sizes so that the player can experience the same locations in different ways.

For example, Sora could be a “medium-sized” animal similar in height to Nick and Judy, who can explore places that are suited to his stature. He can also go through places that are tiny like Little Rodentia. Meanwhile, let’s say, Kairi could be a rodent, who can explore Little Rodentia in more intricate detail, with the places inhabited by the larger animals that Sora may have explored in his story being much larger to her.

Vulpes XIII

Awards
Sora - Lion
Kairi - Rabbit
Riku - Wolf ( although if he’s not a playable character and appears in that world then a bat would be cool cause he was Sora‘s dream eater and one of the dream eater Riku is seen with most is Komory bat as it would be a cool reference)

Lea - Fox (I think that would suit him plus if Kairi was a rabbit they would be kind of like Nick and Judy)
Roxas - Lion
Xion - Maybe a cat or rabbit ( I can’t actually think of one for Xion)

Ven - Mouse ( since I think it would be a funny callback to BBS when Ven first arrives in Castle of Dreams
Terra - Some kind of bear
Aqua - Snow Leopard

Just for the fun of it I thought up some characters we probably wouldn’t play as
Isa - Wolf
Namine - Rabbit
Demyx - should be a sloth
Elrena - I would laugh if she was a electric yellow mouse lol

RonaldPoe

Awards
I agree that Sora would probably regain his beta design and be a bipedal lion. Riku could be a wolf but I think a vampire bat would fit better. Kairi would probably be a cute animal like a bunny or kitten. Goofy would definitely be a dog (as a reference to the debates about his species and Pluto's inability to talk). Donald would be ... a cop.

Sean Wheeler

Awards
Sora - Lion
Kairi - Rabbit
Riku - Wolf ( although if he’s not a playable character and appears in that world then a bat would be cool cause he was Sora‘s dream eater and one of the dream eater Riku is seen with most is Komory bat as it would be a cool reference)

Lea - Fox (I think that would suit him plus if Kairi was a rabbit they would be kind of like Nick and Judy)
Roxas - Lion
Xion - Maybe a cat or rabbit ( I can’t actually think of one for Xion)

Ven - Mouse ( since I think it would be a funny callback to BBS when Ven first arrives in Castle of Dreams
Terra - Some kind of bear
Aqua - Snow Leopard

Just for the fun of it I thought up some characters we probably wouldn’t play as
Isa - Wolf
Namine - Rabbit
Demyx - should be a sloth
Elrena - I would laugh if she was a electric yellow mouse lol
What about Donald and Goofy? They change in every world Sora changes. Oh, they are all set for Zootopia as a duck and a dog aren't they?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
What about Donald and Goofy? They change in every world Sora changes. Oh, they are all set for Zootopia as a duck and a dog aren't they?
Only mammals are sapient in Zootopia, not birds/bugs/fish/etc. So Donald would have to change.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Sora would probably be a leopard/puma/ocelot so that he's different enough from his Lion King design. Donald would most likely be a duck-billed platypus and Goofy would most likely be a coyote.

WaltK

Awards
Domesticated animal species aren’t a thing either, so Goofy can’t stay as a basic dog.

I’m also not entirely sure Donald would be able to be platypus because I don’t recall marsupials being a thing either.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Sora typically just copies the main character so there's a good likelihood that he'd be a fox, but it'd be a missed opportunity to not just make him a lion again.

Kairi'd be a bunny for the same reason, but they could do something fun with Riku. A wolf seems like a perfect fit for him.

Last edited:

Sean Wheeler

Awards
Why would Riku, Kairi and the other characters be in Zootopia? Sora rarely runs into his friends in the Disney Worlds. And he didn't run into them in the worlds where he changed. Lion Pete was the only time Sora saw a villain changed to match the world and Tron Legacy Riku is the only other world form of a character outside the main party. Unless you count how modern Pete lost his colors when he entered Timeless River and how Riku and Mickey look dusty in Halloween Town. But they only slightly changed to the atmosphere of those worlds and they didn't change clothes.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
Why would Riku, Kairi and the other characters be in Zootopia? Sora rarely runs into his friends in the Disney Worlds. And he didn't run into them in the worlds where he changed. Lion Pete was the only time Sora saw a villain changed to match the world and Tron Legacy Riku is the only other world form of a character outside the main party. Unless you count how modern Pete lost his colors when he entered Timeless River and how Riku and Mickey look dusty in Halloween Town. But they only slightly changed to the atmosphere of those worlds and they didn't change clothes.
It's just a fun post, nothing to really look into.

WaltK

Awards

If Zootopia where in another Birth by Sleep-style game with multiple player characters.

Barrett

Awards
Domesticated animal species aren’t a thing either, so Goofy can’t stay as a basic dog.

I’m also not entirely sure Donald would be able to be platypus because I don’t recall marsupials being a thing either.
Zootopia was originally gonna have a district called Outback Island that featured marsupials that would've featured platypuses, but was ultimately cut from the film. It was later brought back for a spin-off book that included a platypus character as part of its story, so if they really wanted to, they could go ahead and make Donald a platypus.
1618351831182.png1618351883993.png

As for Sora, I know he was originally going to be a lion, but for some reason I think being a deer in this world suits him better. Him having antlers can be used to mimic his spikey hair. For Goofy, while dogs and wolves are closely related to each other, I'm thinking he'd fit in as a horse, especially since his voice has that hint of country twang in it.

Last edited:

redcrown

Awards
Why would Riku, Kairi and the other characters be in Zootopia? Sora rarely runs into his friends in the Disney Worlds. And he didn't run into them in the worlds where he changed.

I'm really hoping this will change in future games, I'm tired of Sora being the only one in Disney worlds and how he can't interact with the non villain OC's in those Disney worlds either. I wanna see the Destiny trio actually go to worlds together and have cool design changes, is that too much to ask for, Nomura?

pastel.goblin

Awards
Oh, there was fanart I saw on tumblr that had interpretations I really liked.

Sora - Lion
Riku - Wolf
Kairi/Naminé/Xion - Rabbit (could also see Nami as a deer personally)
Roxas - Tiger (could also see him as a leopard)
Axel - Maned wolf
Aqua - Otter
Terra - Bear
Ventus - House cat lol

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Hypothetically any of them could be playable in a future games that also has Zootopia in it so we can cover all the bases.

Back