• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► What Am I Doing With My Life?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

<3

Call me Love, love.
Ever since quitting high school way back in 2008 (Year 8) I've been drifting in and out of education and work; never once completing any qualifications or successful in employment. This is mainly because I lack self-confidence and I also suffer from Borderline Personality Disorder that I am still trying to find someone to help treat it.

With that said, I've never really known what I've wanted to do with my life. I've gone from one thing to another (hairdresser, forensic scientist, author, child carer) but nothing has really stuck or been enough to convince me that it's what I want out of my life.

Recently, thanks to the abundance of Youtube advertising by the Australian Armed Forces, I've rekindled an old dream of actually joining the Armed Forces. I am the type of person who enjoys helping others, that is a strict believer of 'treat others the way you want to be treated' and serving my country, even with a position that isn't widely considered 'important' sounds like and amazing thing to do and would be a tremendous honor.

So, my epiphany is, to go back and complete my high school education as a mature student. Get my year 12 pass and an ATAR score of 90.00 to get into a Bachelor of Psychology (with Honors) and become a Psychologist for the Australian Army.

Whether it will work out or not, is really just something I am going to have to wait and see. This feels like the right choice for me, even though just figuring out what would be required to get the right qualifications is daunting. However, I've always been an intelligent person, I've away enjoyed learning (I quit high school due to severe bullying) and I've always wanted to go to University.

I'm curious though, whether anyone else on the forums is within the Armed Forces (Australian or not) and what their experiences so far have been. Has it been rewarding? Was it challenging to get to where you are today? Also, if anyone is in a similar position as me and is honestly lost when it comes to the question 'where do you see yourself 10 years from now?'.

thoughtlesstacte

Go <3 go!

I'm 19 and a community college student, other than that I'm not doing much with my life. I got fired from two jobs I had previously this year for some personal mistakes that I won't make again, and I'm having a lot of trouble finding a third one. Sometimes despair hits and I feel like life is pointless, but I remember that I've got nothing but time on my side and that I can't compare myself to other people (this coming from a high school slacker who dated two girls who study at Yale now why god why have you forsaken me). Life is gonna work out.

i don't know what I want to do with my life! I'm a big fat intellectual mess and I'm probably just gonna major in computer science or graphic design, since I used to draw all the time when I was younger, and wherever the wind takes me I guess I'll be happy. In ten years, I'll just be happy if I'm a parent and I pay my own rent/mortgage. DREAMS ARE DUMB THBTHBTHBTHB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back