• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What about the Master's Defender?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ok sunny

Awards
This is going waaay back to the first KH3 announcement trailer. I'm sure all of you have seen it so I'll just get to it.
Remember when Sora picks up Eraqus's Keyblade, Master's Defender, in the beginning of the trailer on Destiny Islands? I'm just wondering if that Keyblade will have any significance to the story, whether it's foreshadowing the return of Master Eraqus or even Sora wielding the blade (if he does weild the blade, he'll have to be a Keyblade Master first, though).

The logical reason would be it just ended up in Sora's hands to be returned to Aqua (the blade's new Master), but for what reason would Sora have it in the first place?

Unless that trailer is even canon it all, the Master's Defender could not even matter much to the story or even end up with Sora. So, most likely if Sora has the blade, it will be returned to Aqua or something like that, but it doesn't hurt to hear a few ideas on what you would like to see or think on the Master's Defender in KH3.

[EDIT]
The blade could also mean something to MX deep down inside.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I'm a firm believer that master eraqus' death was permanent, so I think that it is wrong simply because I think he's never going to return. Just my opinion, is all. The second paragraph is far more likely

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
I think Master Eraqus is dead for good. Saying that, I think it is symbolic. He has to save Aqua, who has the Master Keeper/Defender. How, I don't know yet...

And there is a chance Sora will become a master as well, I can't say for sure since one mag actually said he became a master in DDD (No. lol.) but if he is fated to gain the title/needs for the story, he'll get it.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
It has been confirmed that Sora finding Eraqus' Keyblade in that trailer was just symbolism for the overall story.
This scene won't be in the actual game at all nor will Sora get it, even if Eraqus ultimatively doesn't return this Keyblade will belong to Aqua and not to Sora.
Not to mention that the scene does not even make any sense at all for the actual story as the Master Keeper is Aqua's only means of defence in the Realm of Darkness so she wouldn't part with it for any plausible reason.

As for Eraqus himself, he transferred his heart to Terra with the Heart-transfer ability any true Keyblade Master can make use of, so his current and possible future status is unsettled.
Stating that he is "permanently dead" thus cannot be taken as a confirmed fact.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
It has been confirmed that Sora finding Eraqus' Keyblade in that trailer was just symbolism for the overall story.
This scene won't be in the actual game at all nor will Sora get it, even if Eraqus ultimatively doesn't return this Keyblade will belong to Aqua and not to Sora.
Not to mention that the scene does not even make any sense at all for the actual story as the Master Keeper is Aqua's only means of defence in the Realm of Darkness so she wouldn't part with it for any plausible reason.

As for Eraqus himself, he transferred his heart to Terra with the Heart-transfer ability any true Keyblade Master can make use of, so his current and possible future status is unsettled.
Stating that he is "permanently dead" thus cannot be taken as a confirmed fact.

Sorry, just wishful thinking, I guess. It would mean a lot more if he doesn't come back, though

Larxene012

Banned
I'm a firm believer that master eraqus' death was permanent, so I think that it is wrong simply because I think he's never going to return. Just my opinion, is all. The second paragraph is far more likely
Considering Birth by Sleep's secret ending, it seems to suggest someone is inside Terra. Perhaps in a similar fashion of ventus/roxas, Eraqus is healing inside Terra's heart. But possibility from what that secret ending provided. Despite the first trailer just being a teaser, the significance of Eraqus has been hinted a lot in trailers. Master Eraqus in latest trailers suggest he's still relevant. Sora picking up the keyblade suggest more to me that something happened

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Considering Birth by Sleep's secret ending, it seems to suggest someone is inside Terra. Perhaps in a similar fashion of ventus/roxas, Eraqus is healing inside Terra's heart. But possibility from what that secret ending provided. Despite the first trailer just being a teaser, the significance of Eraqus has been hinted a lot in trailers. Master Eraqus in latest trailers suggest he's still relevant. Sora picking up the keyblade suggest more to me that something happened

Essentially all of this, although I'd associate Eraqus'/Terra's situation with Kairi's/Sora's instead, if only because those two situations are less complicated than Sora harboring Ven's heart.

Also, I'd like to bring up this food for thought:
I noticed that Sora's physical motions as he picked up and examined the MK in the trailer were similar to the scene in KH1 when he used the Keyblade of Peoples' Hearts to release Kairi's Heart from within himself.
[video=youtube;uMBFd0jkG-g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMBFd0jkG-g[/video]

[video=youtube;sWs6Izs0ce8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWs6Izs0ce8[/video]

Again, it could easily mean nothing since Sora was just doing the same thing in both scenes (picking up a Keyblade and examining it), which would kinda obviously result in visual similarities. However, it could be a symbolic hint. IDK. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back