• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What A WONDERFUL World

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
After he showed her the text he received Allegra seemed to fumble for her own cell. Her fingers ran over it, almost as if the device she was holding was brand new to her. He found it rather adorable, though there was something odd about her movements that he couldn't quite place. She was avoiding eye contact with him, a shame in his opinion as he wouldn't mind seeing her eyes again. He brushed the suspicious thoughts away, simply pegging her as a bit of a shy gal.

"What do I make of it?..." Adagio repeated Allegra's question, sliding his phone back in his pocket he pondered just that. Now that he had met others who were in the same situation as him his ideas gained more merit. The strange text, the timer, the fact that only a few of them were 'aware' of each other. He frowned, as he suddenly had the feeling that this was going to be a LONG day.... or WEEK for that matter. "I think we're in some sort of game, and the text we both got is our 'goal.'" He took a hold of her hand, seeing that the time on it was just the same as his. He slid his hands in his pockets. "These timers on our hands, I'm willing to wager my entire wardrobe that it's the time limit to completing the goal. And I'd rather not find out what happens should we fail, I've already died once..." He looked off in the distance towards the 104 building.

"We should get a move on before we're attacked by a blue dragon or something."

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
~- A Shell With No Soul -~

"Technically, I wasn't asleep; I was hiding from the world, and before you make your typical response, shut up and walk."

Blaster just huffed a soft laugh, lengthening his stride until Sync had fallen in behind him. Unconsciously, he reached for his coat pocket; but when his brain caught up with his hand, the dark haired Reaper scowled before quickly shoving his hands in his jeans pockets instead. It didn't sit well with him that he'd been reaching for the pack of cigarettes when the Rage was tucked away sleeping. True, he didn't like the damn meetings, they bored his ass off, but listening to the brass drone on about their duties and that kind of shit wasn't enough of a reason to reach for the nicotine. Not unless it was the briefing from hell, and he hadn't run into that one just yet.

So his mood, which was always bad in the first place, went completely sour by the time he and Sync reached the meeting room. While Sync tucked himself into a shadowed corner in an attempt to avoid some of the noise, Blaster grabbed a chair at the table. Now, it was time to wait for the rest of the Reapers.

Translation: Boredom before the meeting ever began.

"Can't we be attacking the players? They're helpless out there without a partner."

Blaster rolled his eyes at the perky, petulant whine from the youngest Harrier in the group, Minnie. Throwing a glare at the girl, he propped his boots on the table, rocked the chair back on two legs and clasped his hands behind his head before snapping, "Maybe 'cause it's against the rules, Freshmeat? Chill the hell out, unbunch your panties and sit your ass down. Pacts are being formed even as you complain. We'll get around to sickin' the Noise on Players after the meeting, so shut your damn mouth already. You're giving me an effing migraine, not to mention getting on my last damned nerve."

~- Play for Keeps -~

The song of a robin broke the air, causing Rhys to glance down at his phone. He'd let Lily set the tone for incoming texts, and he'd gone with her suggestion with a patient smile and a crack about bird watching.

Get to the 104 building. You have 60 minutes. Fail, and face erasure. The Reapers.

What the hell? "What kind of chain letter is thi...OW!" He almost dropped the phone as a searing pain shot through his hand. Wincing, he looked down at his palm to see, "A timer? Seriously, what the hell?" Then he almost slapped his face as he remembered. "Tch, the mission, that's what this is about. 'Kay, first things first, partner, partner..."

His mental ramble was cut off by a sound that was clearly out of place for Shibuya. A hunch tickling his thoughts, Rhys followed the sound of rumbling growls and snarls until his feet led him to a ring of... wolves? No doubt about it, there were a bunch of wolves surrounding one girl.

Now, she wasn't exactly defenseless, that much was clear. She had an arrow knocked against her bow and flying in a time that had him impressed; he was even more so when the arrow buried itself in the closest wolf's chest, and the creature disappeared in a small spat of static.

Unfortunately, that arrow seemed to be the starting pistol. Snapping a bark, one of the canines struck out, slapping the girl's bow away from her. The curved switch of wood flew a good fifteen feet away, well outside of her reach, leaving her without a weapon.

And now, this probably landed in the top ten dumbest things he'd ever done. Without even thinking, Rhys took a running leap at the girl, breaking through the furry wall to tackle her and, hopefully, get her out of harm's way.

What he hadn't been expecting though, was for the sharp shock to go through his body as he felt a connection with the girl form. Shielding her from the rough skid, Rhys felt his body hit the wall as their slide finally finished.

Climbing to his feet, he muttered, "Okay, Pack's in place. You ready to do this?" He glanced over his shoulder at her really quick, a look up and down her body telling him she wasn't hurt.

Turning back to face the wolves again, Rhys slipped his hand into his pocket; pulling out a black pin decorated with flames, he said, "Time to find out if this thing works, huh?" Sweeping his hand in front of him, he was surprised, but definitely pleased when a wall of flames followed his movement, catching several of the wolves in their path. He couldn't help but laugh.

"Now that's what I call a barbecue."

qster

The Last Bulbasaur
Roucher opened the phone that had mysteriously wormed its' way into his pants pocket, too busy fighting to realize that it must have been ringing or vibrating. Maybe the message was sent when he was asleep or whatever, but now was not the time to think about it. The message read the following:

"Get to the 104 Building. 60 minutes. Fail, and face erasure. ~The Reapers~"

There was no point in questioning whether the message was true or just some prank, but after what had happened with the frogs and the pins, Roucher had no reason to distrust the text. The thought of erasure scared him the most. Would it be slow and painful, or would they just be swept away with no feeling whatsoever? Roucher didn't want to wait to find out.

"Come on! We've gotta get to 104. Don't stick around and fight. Just run for it." Roucher yelled, grabbing onto Sana's hand, running through a crowd of frogs that stood in their path.

Key Wielder

Awards
"What do I make of it?... I think we're in some sort of game, and the text we both got is our 'goal.' These timers on our hands, I'm willing to wager my entire wardrobe that it's the time limit to completing the goal. And I'd rather not find out what happens should we fail, I've already died once..."

"This is a game? I don't see the fun in this." ...Literally. Oh, I just crack myself up. Still, Allegra couldn't say he didn't have a point. He took her hand for a moment and she assumed that he could see a timer where she could only feel a very rough patch of nothing. It was just proof of how cruel the person who ran this supposed game was. Text messages told them what they had to do; a timer on their hands told them how long they had to do it. How could she possibly stand a chance of winning if she couldn't read the message or the timer? The only choice was...partnering up with someone. Had that been what the strange feeling was when Adagio had helped her up? Everything else was completely insane--the monsters, the invisibility to everyone aside from a seemingly select few--but that at least made some sense.

"We should get a move on before we're attacked by a blue dragon or something."

"Yeah," Allegra laughed nervously. Sink or swim.

The wall was still to her left; she could just barely feel it against her arm. She probably had to go back the way she'd come, which meant going to the right. Pivoting somewhat awkwardly, she took a deep breath and a step forward—nothing. Okay… As long as nothing gets in my way, I can do this!

Step. Nothing. Step. Nothing. St— "Oof!"

Allegra rubbed her shoulder with a slight grimace, using her free hand to feel the suddenly metallic air in front of her. It was a base. Further up was a dog. Stupid statue. ...I can't do this.

"Um... If we're going anywhere...I, uh..." The words cost her something to say. After all, she relied on herself to get things done; it was more embarrassing than words could describe to have to ask for help in doing something as simple as walking. As her frustration peaked, however, the words just slipped out in a rush.

"I really hate to impose on you. If you want to find another partner, I completely understand. Believe me, I'd probably think the same thing. But it looks like I'll be okay keeping those stupid frogs away, so if you could just help me get around until this game or whatever it is ends, I think I could still be of some use here. I don't want to get you killed--er, again, and I'm sorry you would have to cart me around, but I'd try to help with anything else I can to make up for it..."

As she realized how close her voice was coming to pleading, Allegra trailed off. This game seemed to be out for blood, and she was a liability. She wouldn't blame him if he did decide to ditch her before he felt too obligated...

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
~- Too Close for Comfort -~

Cheza had just been about to reach out and give the girl a hand up, when a boy beat her to it. A soft growl of frustration rumbled in Cheza's throat; she had a feeling that she needed to team up with someone to stay alive, and he'd gotten in the way. Throwing a quick glance toward Haichiko, she saw that the boy she'd turned her back on was being helped by a girl with a guitar. There was another guy and girl near the statue too, but they along with the others all seemed to have forged some kind of pact, and the monsters seemed to be leaving them alone since they'd teamed up.

Unfortunately, the frogs had all turned their attention on her now. Her nerves set on high, Cheza started backing up as the amphibians encroached on her space, coming closer and closer to her, until her back hit that store front again. As if the monsters knew she didn't have anywhere else to run, they leapt at her, and heaven help her, she closed her eyes and screamed.

"Hey, don't drop the ball now!"

Cheza felt a jolt go through her as someone grabbed her arm, hugged her close and spun her away from the frogs that had been on the verge of burying her under a massive pile of bodies. Opening her eyes, she had just enough time to see that she was being held by a boy with dark hair before he threw his hand out in front of him and - was she seeing things? - shot a freaking bolt of lightning at the frogs!

"Hah! Anyone want frog legs extra crispy? Granted, I think there might be even less meat on those things than usual, though..."

The momentary shock of her rescue over, Cheza pushed hard on his chest and broke contact with him. For a moment, she expected him to double up with a headache or, even worse, pass out and fall to the ground as her head got overloaded with images from his mind. But nothing happened; he'd touched her, skin on skin, but nothing of what she'd come to expect had happened.

Cheza's hand went into her jeans pocket, eight pins in her grip. Right on top of the pile sat a pin with a cat and a rose design. She could feel the energy buzzing in the pin, the kind that usually allowed her that strange Sight. Is that what had happened? Had her power somehow been sealed in the pin...?

"Hey, partner! Could I get a little help here? Grab one of your pins and use it!"

His voice jolting her out of her confusion, Cheza reached for the next pin, a blue one with chains on it. Turning to face him, she copied his motion from earlier, and was she ever surprised when a bunch of chains appeared out of thin air, wrapping themselves around what remained of the frogs.

As the last of the monsters disappeared in small puffs of static, he walked towards her, brushing himself off a little as he said, "Thanks for the save. I'm starting to think I got a real firecracker for my partner. My name's Adrian Noctis, though my friends usually call me Nocturne. What's your name?"

"Che... Chelsea Greene. But I usually go by Cheza. What's going on here?" she sputtered. He seemed to have some idea what was happening, so maybe he could help her out?

Turning ice blue eyes back to her, Adrian said simply, "Reaper's Game. Anyone that'll talk to you have kinda gone ghost on the rest of the world. Our ticket in is that we died, and they hold what we value most as a reward for when we're done with this game. We got a week to prove if we're worthy of a second chance at life, and the only way to survive this game is with a pact with your partner. Which, in your case, would be me."

"And those frogs that were attacking us?"

"Noise. Nasty little buggers, if you ask me. They go after the Players without a partner. Unfortunately, we're still gonna be seeing a lot of those things; while they won't attack us without provocation now, we might have to deal with them on occasion to clear a mission."

Cheza tilted her head to the side, confused. "Missions?"

In response, he held out his iPhone. On the face of it was the message Get to the 104 building. You have 60 minutes. Fail, and face erasure. The Reapers. "You get one of these texts? Have one heck of a 'stinging' sensation go across you hand, look down and see a friggin' timer sitting on your palm? It's the mission for today, and we gotta get to ten-four before we get erased."

Cheza glanced at her palm, and the numbers there that suddenly made sense. But something was bothering her. "How do you know so much?"

Tucking his phone away, Adrian looked back at her with a bit of a smile on his face. "Ran into one of the guys that run this operation. Got lucky in the fact that the Reaper was in the mood to play nice and give me a few details before they decided to sic the Noise on me. So, one last quick run through: 1. We're all dead people here. 2. The Noise like trying to chomp on us from time to time, so stay on your toes. 3. Same goes for if you run into someone with wings; they're Reapers, and they're looking to make this hard for us. 4. We gotta complete the missions, or again, we're erased. And last, but certainly not least, is 5. We get through this thing alive, we get our entry fee back and we get to go back to our lives! Sound good to you?"

Cheza gave a vigorous nod, and was about to reply when she heard someone from behind her say, "I really hate to impose on you. If you want to find another partner, I completely understand. Believe me, I'd probably think the same thing. But it looks like I'll be okay keeping those stupid frogs away, so if you could just help me get around until this game or whatever it is ends, I think I could still be of some use here. I don't want to get you killed--er, again, and I'm sorry you would have to cart me around, but I'd try to help with anything else I can to make up for it..."

Turning around, Cheza realized that it was the girl from a little while ago speaking. Catching on really quick to what she was trying to say, Cheza walked toward the girl and her partner and said gently, "Just tell him. I know it hurts to admit needing help, especially if this only happened to you recently, but you'll bruise your pride even more by trying to act like you don't need the help. In fact, I think the four of us could probably work together; we'll be able to figure the missions out faster, and well," Cheza looked away for a moment, trying to figure out how to say what came next. She didn't want to spill the girl's secret; even if she knew, it wasn't her place to say. "I've been in your position; hell, that was how my world worked until I got involved in this game. I don't know why things are different here, but I know that we need each other's help to survive. So, what do you say? Got the courage to tell him? And do you two maybe want to work with us?"

Cheza didn't know if the girl would listen or accept the offer of the four of them teaming up. But she was hoping she would.

Key Wielder

Awards
Allegra jumped slightly as someone came up on her other side, relieved to hear that it was the same girl that had helped her before. This connection was definitely something else; she could somehow sense Adagio's presence even though he was absolutely silent, but she had no idea who else was there with them. Or who could be approaching. I'll have to watch out for that. ...In a manner of speaking.

"Just tell him. I know it hurts to admit needing help, especially if this only happened to you recently, but you'll bruise your pride even more by trying to act like you don't need the help.

So it wasn't just Adagio who must have seen her run into Hachiko. That just made the situation even more embarrassing, although she supposed it was her own fault. The girl was right: pretending she didn't need help would just waste time and make her feel worse when she finally had to ask for it. And there was obviously no way she would make it through this game without someone giving her a hand. At this rate it was likely that she might not even last the day.

"In fact, I think the four of us could probably work together; we'll be able to figure the missions out faster, and well, I've been in your position; hell, that was how my world worked until I got involved in this game. I don't know why things are different here, but I know that we need each other's help to survive. So, what do you say? Got the courage to tell him? And do you two maybe want to work with us?"

Safety in numbers. It was something her father had always warned her about: stick with the group. It might not be the ultimate protection; you could still find yourself in trouble, but at least there would be other people there who could lend you a hand or find help. There were at least four of them, maybe more, and that would certainly help against all those frogs...and wolves...and blue dragons, whatever those were...

"Okay," she mumbled, closing her eyes for a moment. No difference. "I'm sure it's kind of obvious," she began, gesturing to the statue beside her (she hoped), "but I haven't been able to see anything since I got here. I don't really know why; I've never had this problem before... It's not even partial. I can sort of see those frog things in my head... I can't really describe it, but they're just different colors.

"Anyway, sorry for trying to pull one over on you," she added bashfully, hoping Adagio would figure out that the apology was directed at him. "I didn't want to put anyone out. I think teaming up would help a lot, but I'll leave that up to Adagio. I'll be enough of a burden as it is..."

Awards
"You can't see? I guess that's better than my other theory. I just figured you were insanely clumsy when you bumped into that statue." Adagio ruffled his hair a bit, he really wished he had died with a comb in his pocket, his hair must be a mess by now. "That clears it up for me however, I'd been wondering why my skills as an artist seemed to just vanish.. Yup, makes sense now... Ya know what actually it doesn't, I'm just going along with it." He looked to both Cheza and Adrian, though was obviously looking at Cheza more. "I'm being rude aren't I? My mother always told me to properly introduce myself when I met a beautiful lady. my name is Adagio, and I believe it would be in our best interests to work together as well." If this was a game with their lives on the line, then sticking together would increase their chance at 'winning,' or so he thought anyway.

He moved to Allegra's side, thinking of how her blindness would have an effect on their situation. It would certainly make things a bit more complicated in a few ways, however he saw what she could do in battle. As long as she stayed focused she wouldn't become a liability. "If you're having trouble getting around, just use me as a guide, here." He took her right hand, placing it on his left shoulder. "104 building, it's to the west, we should hurry before we run out of time." He took a few steps forward, making sure to keep a steady pace that Allegra could follow.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
"Come on! We've gotta get to 104. Don't stick around and fight. Just run for it."
Without warning, Sana was dragged off by her new partner. She didn't really understand if the running was really necessary, since the 104 building was just a short walk away, but she would agree that it was better to be safe than sorry. As they ran, she noticed the small patting noise her guitar made as it bounced against her back. It was rare that she would ever need to run with her guitar at all, but she realized that this would probably be a common theme within the following week. She also noticed how busy Shibuya was, and how dead it felt to her. She couldn't interact with anyone here anymore. She could talk to them even though she could hear them talking to each other. It frustrated her a bit to know that even though people were standing right in front of her, she couldn't even bump into them. All she had now was the guitar on her back, the pins in her pocket, and her partner who was leading her by the hand to one of the most popular shopping districts in town.

On the thought of her partner, her mind began to wander on thoughts of the young man running in front of her. What was his story? What if he was some kind of fake player brought into the game just to take out players? ...She shook the thought out of her head. She had to trust him and he had to trust her. There was no other way out of this mess. But what if he turned out to be a total asshole or something? He seemed fine enough, but five minutes of a life or death situation was no way to get to know someone. Trust. She repeated to herself. He was warm. Temperature wise. Or at least his hand was. Anyone would think that he was just a normal living person, besides the fact that they were both stuck in some kind of parallel dimensional plane or whatever.

As they rounded the path to 104, Sana skidded to a stop, forcing Akiba to stop with her. They were at the centerfold of the Scramble Crossing and the 104 building.
"Sorry." She said, feeling sheepish. "Something just stopped me." She reached her hand across the street in front of her. "I just feel like there's something--" She stopped mid sentence. Her hand collided with...nothing. Well something, but as far as she could see it was nothing. An invisible wall of some kind. "Yeah, check it out." She said before sending a punch at the wall. Her hand fist stopped in mid air as if she had made contact with concrete. It also felt like concrete. Maybe she shouldn't have actually punched at it. "There's some kinda wall." She whimpered, shaking her hand about like a child who burned herself on the stove. "I don't suppose you have any ideas?"

qster

The Last Bulbasaur
Roucher wondered as to what made Sana force him to stop dead in his tracks, the two of them just a small distance from 104, to which he responded by looking back at her with a look of confusion spread across his face. Was she hoping that they would face erasure? Was she just simply stupid, thinking that something other than herself stopped her? He rolled his eyes as she claimed that something had forced her to stop, causing him to get a little annoyed at her.

"Look, if you want to stay here and die... again, then be my guest. I, however, am going to make it, whether you come or not." Roucher shouted, walking blindly into the direction of 104.

Roucher then felt something... odd, like a wall, but he knew there couldn't be a wall there. He turned around, seeing 104 in the distance, but no matter what he did, they couldn't get through. They were trapped there, like pigs waiting for the butcher to come and change their living state into bacon... or whatever they made pigs out of. He fell to his knees, the goal so close, yet so far. He wanted to cry, but he knew better than to do that when a situation was dire.

"I guess there is only one thing to do. Maybe there's a Reaper or someone around here that we beat up or something. I don't know. Just look for something other than this wall you can touch. Or maybe there's someone else around here that's in a similar situation." Roucher proposed, searching the area for something that may look abnormal, even in this world.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
He took a note, as the light washed away. The boy kept his guard up, that feeling was odd, he couldn't exactly describe the sensation. It was comforting but that very element of surprise would offset anyone in their position. In no more than the second they'd done something, they departed to attack their counterparts. As if vanishing to an alternate plane of sorts.

"I still don't fully get wus goin' on, but damned if I'm going to die now!"
he braced himself. With a stave, hand gripped his chain and he slung it with his pins ebbed into the chains. As he merely eyed a wolf creature the formed from the sigils, it thumbed viciously until entering an attack.

Jam jumped back as it neared, swinging the chain he cracked the wolf as if he were using it as a whip. The kanesada pin illuminated, acting as a powerful wave with a laceration affect. In quick succession they became blade-like attacks. The impact caused the wolf to burst into what he'd made the assumption was 'static'. A single foe, for foe? Where these the same enemies?

Even more light, back to the statue they emerged?

Accompanied by the empty occupancy of the people or 'ghost' that ignored him and the female, it seemed almost eerie. He turned to her and gave her a pat on the shoulder, a thumbs up followed suite. Certainly an interesting catch, however, curious as to the lack of response, even a shriek would've let him know if the shock, confusion, or sheer petrification was enough to discern something.

"You really saved me. My name is..."

He stopped talking as she was once again, distracted by the timer on his hand, just ticking away. Then he went back to the cell phone to reread the text on his android that didn't move since he last checked it.

"Jam." he finally said, "Yo. Did you also get a strange text message?"

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
Jam, huh? It'd come as a surprise if that was his real name. Still, it did not matter all that much since Anise was still in the state of finding just what was wrong with this afterlife. Or if there was anything wrong with it after all. Anise folded her arms trying to figure out a way to communicate with her partner. It was difficult enough that she could not express her mannerisms through voice but body language would more than likely take lead on her personality it seemed. Be that as it may, just what if they weren't in sight of each other? Jeez, this was going to be more than a hassle than anything else.

"Yo, did you also get a strange text message?"

Anise's face lit up as she reached around to pull her iPhone out. Let's see here: 'slide to unlock' >> 'SMS' >> Ah, here we go. She held the phone up to Jam's face close enough to where it'd be impossible to read but she insisted that the message went through. She pulled back the device quick as a strike of lightning and began typing a message. Her fingers went in every which direction to construct the newly formed lines of communication the two would have. Again, she held the screen to Jam's face for him to read.

"Yeah so you could probably tell by now that me speaking is not gonna happen anytime soon. Maybe it's just temporary idk. In any case the name's Anise."

And that was it. That's how they would need to communicate just to get things done in the time frame presented. With her index finger, she mapped out the numbers 1, 0 and 4 then firmly pointed to the ground. Of course, if Jam was sharper than he led on there was no mistaking what Anise meant by her actions.

Key Wielder

Awards
Okay, grace isn't exactly my strong suit, but I'm not that clumsy, Allegra thought a bit indignantly. She resisted the urge to roll her eyes, however, just glad that he hadn't immediately run for the hills.

"I'm being rude aren't I? My mother always told me to properly introduce myself when I met a beautiful lady. my name is Adagio, and I believe it would be in our best interests to work together as well."

This time she really did roll her eyes. Did the boy really have to be such a total flirt with every girl he met? She supposed some guys were just like that; whether they realized it or not, she had no idea. In any case, it looked like the two teams would be working together on this. Part of her wondered how long that could possibly last, though. After all, it seemed like they could only really partner with one other person if her connection to Adagio was any indication. Did that mean that this game didn't look kindly on working in larger groups?

I guess we'll just go with it for now and see what happens. She struggled to contain the sudden desire to make yet another mental pun out of that, but it was just too easy. It was rather funny, actually, to realize just how many colloquialisms they used without even thinking about it that dealt with sight.

Allegra heard footsteps beside her as Adagio continued, "If you're having trouble getting around, just use me as a guide, here." He took her right hand and put it on what she assumed was his shoulder. "104 building, it's to the west, we should hurry before we run out of time."

"Right," she nodded, stepping forward cautiously as she tried to follow his lead without tripping over him. So far, so good! It was sort of awkward, but she supposed she had no other choice than to trust her partner. Letting him lead the way, Allegra reached out around them with her senses again, trying to get a better read on things. Other people's thoughts were suddenly conflicting with their words, making an unintelligible mess of the sounds around them. What was odd was that she couldn't hear Adagio's thoughts, even in spite of their partnership. Cheza and Adrian's mental voices were also curiously silent, and Allegra assumed she could only read the thoughts of people who weren't players in this obnoxious game.

Then she could "see" more of those colored entities she had begun to associate with--what had she overheard Adrian call them? Noise? Her hand tensed on Adagio's shoulder as the other curled into a fist, ready to pull the pins out of her pocket at a moment's notice. The Noise didn't bother them as they passed, though. Curious...

Awards
"Freshmeat"? Heh. Screw the stupid rules, Minnie had always hated following rules anyway. She followed them unless she could get away with breaking them and no one finding out, but she was smart enough to know at least that much. And of course, that idiot reiterated her own point while he "called her out" —that the players were getting to make pacts and the Reapers would have to wait until their jobs were significantly harder. Even an imbecile like him would see how inefficient that was. Or maybe he was too busy thinking he had the right to tell anyone what to do. Even someone like Minnie, who he'd never met before.

Minuet would have to remember to bunch up his panties and grind him into fresh meat later.

For now, though, not a single shred of her hatred or anger showed. She turned from Cadence and glanced at the man for a moment with wide, pained, incredulous eyes— messy dark hair with a few blond strands died in, probably about 6-foot-something, blueish purply eyes, and creepy tattoos, got it. —that slowly filled with tears as she frowned, looking truly hurt. "I-I thought," she whispered, closing her eyes and burrying her face in Cadence's shirt to cry. "I thought we were on the same side... You don't have to be so mean..." she finished after weeping for a while, quiet but still loud enough to be heard, and hopefully loud enough to exacerbate that idiot's headache.

Cadence sighed and closed her book, letting go of Minnie's wrist to wrap her now free arm around her in a sort of hug. She wasn't getting any reading done now, it seemed. Why did Blaster have to do that? Cadence wasn't sure what she was supposed to do at first. Point out the fact that Minnie was acting? She was good enough that no one else was about to figure it out on their own. Or should she just try to quiet her down before they got in trouble?

In the end, Cadence just dropped her book and patted her partner's head. Minnie would pay for this shirt that was now being soaked in alligator tears, that was for sure. But that was probably better to say later, so Cadence remained silent, completely unsure of what to say. She just hoped this meeting started, and ended, soon. This wasn't the sort of attention she'd hoped to draw to herself. She hadn't wanted to stand out at all, really. Staying a Harrier had been her plan from the start. A largely unnoticed, obedient Harrier. With Minnie, it would be hard to keep fading into the background like she'd wanted. Well, at least I don't have to buy her that shirt after this little stunt.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
Someone who she could interact with? That wasn't something she hadn't thought of. It seemed obvious now in hindsight that there would be other partners besides them, but how would they spot each other? It wasn't like she could shout out for them. ...Wait, why not? It's not like anyone who wasn't part of the Game would notice. That which would avoid any awkward moments where people would stare at her as she searched for someone she didn't even know. Still, she hesitated. She was used to having to yell at this point, hosting many a shows but this was a bit different. But it was also a life or death matter, and that mattered more than a short awkward moment.
"HELLLOOOOO!?" Sana avoided looking at Akiba who was, she imagined, staring at her. A second of silence passed before she tried again. "HELLOHELLOHELLOHELLOHELLOHE--"
"Oh my god, please stop." Came the eventual response.

She turned to meet the voice and was a bit surprised, even if she probably shouldn't be at this point. The man--or Reaper, she guessed--was wearing a red hoodie that covered most of his face, giving off a creepy vibe.
"Oh. 'Sup, dude?" Sana said, happily. "You have anything to do with that wall thing? Can you take it down or something? It's just a bit important." The reaper looked her over for a second.
"Jesus. You're like a harpy or something, you know that? Seriously. It's like... you're voice was all raspy and it just grated my ears and--"
"Don't be an asshat." Sana said heatedly as she begun to feel a quick flash of heat. The rocker was used to getting remarks about her voice, but that was never one of them. "Just open that wall up so we can get on with our lives-to-be or get out of the way." The reaper again looked her over before looking at Akiba.
"Fine, fine." He said finally. "You've got a pact, that's all you need for today." He snapped his fingers and walked off. Once again not looking directly at her partner, this time for her flustered red face, Sana walked over to where the invisible wall was.
"It's gone now." She said. Without look back she marched to the front of the 104, taking a quick glance behind her to make sure Akiba had followed. When they had reached the building she stopped. "...Now what do we do?"

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
After what had seemed like an eternity, the wall blocking Ten-Four had been dropped and a pair of players marched in, clearing the week's first mission. It was simply unbelievable! Never had Gendou have such a long opening day! Any longer, and the Game Master would have cleared out all the players on the very first day.

Gendou uncrossed his legs and rose to his feet, standing but a few feet from the recently arrived players. Like a blur, Gendou lifted his hands and... clapped. It was a drawn-out, sarcastic clap, one that pulled the corner of the Reaper's mouth up and over the collar of his greatcoat.

"Inconceivable!" he cried, his voice touched with a chuckle. "Simply inconceivable!" Gendou dropped his hands to his side, his echo still seeming to resonate among the noise of Ten-Four. "I must say, it has to take a special grade of failure for it to take you pawns this long to complete the most simplest of missions. The future doesn't bode well for you, players.

"As for what you could do, why not play with my little friends?"

Gendou reached into his greatcoat pocket and pulled out two white pins: On one was the image of a lion and goat head, the other the image of a great bird with the body of a lion. The two pins flashed brightly, disappearing from the Reaper's hand. In their place, each standing beside Gendou, was a Griffon noise--its wings a bright purple graffiti--and a Chimera noise--its two pairs of legs a bright red. The Griffon took to the sky as the Chimera advanced upon the pair of players.

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
It's about time.

Sitting from a safe distance was Vivace, having decided to stop for a treat. As she bit into the icicle pop, she eyed the Players warily. She had noted just how long it took for them to go and make it to the 104 Building--far too long. Not only that, but since the two present had made it, the other Players were probably still away from it. As Gendou summoned the two Noise, she let out a small sigh. This batch wasn't too promising, that much she could tell.

Flipping open her phone, she watched the Griffon fly and took a picture. After lowering her arm to see the result, she noticed something strange about the giant screen on the building. Rather than go and display commercials as it usually did, instead the screen was gray and black, displaying nothing. It was a rare sight, and something other people immediately took eye to.

I suppose even now technology isn't perfect. Vivace shrugged, biting on what remained of her treat as she stood up. Before she could act, however, a high pitched frequency pierced through her ears. Her hands immediately shot up, and as she looked for the source the 104 Building displayed the Noise insignia.

"What the--" Her eyes widened as it left as quickly as it came, though something else distracted her; a bright light eminated from the Players and dissipated. The only time that ever happened was when a Pact was broken. Sure enough, as she looked around each Pact was broken one by one, and the Noise seemed to notice as well, taking advantage.

How in the hell-- Her phone then beeped again, and as she flipped it open she was shocked to see the Mission for the day displayed again, despite just having been completed. It can't be, I didn't do anything. Surely, this isn't HIS doing either... Her eyes landed on Gendou, though it returned to her phone as she began writing a message.

'Something strange is going on. The Day seems to have been reset--I'm going to look into it. Keep an eye out.'

As she sent the message to her Producer and Conductor she bit her thumb as she looked back up at the screen. Once again it displayed the usual ads as if nothing had happened. She wasn't about to just sit there and do nothing; she began to head towards the building for a closer look.

qster

The Last Bulbasaur
Roucher had absolutely no clue what Sana had in mind to find someone to interact with, studying her movements as she peered through the crowds in an attempt to find out who to start with. He then quickly covered his ears as she shouted at the top of her lungs in an irritating, ear-grating manner, like nails on a chalkboard while opera music played in the background. In the distance, he heard a man attempt to shout over her, which must have caused her to stop, seeing as to how he could now his ears could go uncovered. He stayed where he was as Sana walked off to talk to the man, who swiftly brought down the wall that had originally impeded their progress, probably afraid she would begin shouting once more. He couldn't help but snicker as she walked back to his side, the two of them walking to 104.

"You're a demon, you know that?" Roucher smiled her way, until the pair stopped in the center of 104.

As they reached 104, a man garbed in a long, black greatcoat walked their way, his black leather gloves muffling the sound of his slow, sarcastic clap. There wasn't much for Roucher to see of any emotion on the Reaper's face, the neckguard propped up in a vampire-like fashion, covering his smooth, tanned mandible... or so he suspected from the rest of his face. His hair was messy and hung down below his ears and appeared to go down to at least his neck, but Roucher couldn't tell since the man was at least six feet tall. As the man spoke of the Players putting on a rather pathetic performance, he was left wondering where the others even were, not believing they could be the first ones there. Surely there were more powerful Players... right?

"Whatever, Dracula. Bring out whatever toys you have, you coward. I'm sure that if they are as powerful as the others, it'll be a piece of cake. Ready, Sana?" Roucher replied, showing no fear as the man summoned a Griffin and a Chimera to his aid.

Before the pairs would square off, however, a piercing screech penetrated the air, like a gunshot would to a liver, leaving Roucher to collapse and cover his ears. The power that he felt after the pact had been made between him and Sana was now gone, leaving him trying to reach for her hand, his right hand busy covering his ears as he looked up to see an insignia with static behind it. He would have to note that for later, but now he needed to get him and Sana to safety.

"Sana... you okay?"

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
As soon as they reached 104, everything went sour. The second she had thought she would get a rest from this bizzaro-Shibuya was also the second another Reaper appeared before them. But something was definitely off about this guy. He seemed much more menacing than the red hooded one they had just walked away from. And he was acting like an arrogant ass as well. That usually meant that he was someone important who most likely had gotten far too comfortable with his seat of power. Not that it mattered to Sana; all she wanted to do was to get out of this Game, Reapers be damned. After a few seconds of the new Reaper's high talk, he summoned two large Noise to confront the Players head-on.
"Ready, Sana?"
Was all she had to hear to get herself pumped for the battle. Flipping her guitar from her back once again, she reached into her pockets to fish out more pins. Instinctively she stuck a pin with a lighting design in between the neck of her guitar and it's strings. To her surprise, the pin seemed to sharpen the the base of the guitar, to the point where it seemed to cut through the air itself.

"I got dibs on the ugly one." Is what she was about to say before being ever so rudely interrupted by what she at first thought was the largest rabbit death cry in the world. Her father used to raise rabbits when she was a child, and the most frightening thing she learned from it was that rabbits DID in fact make noise, especially when they met their end. That was exactly what she heard in this moment, but increased at least thirty fold. Her guitar dropped to the ground as she covered her ears and in the back of her mind she hoped that it hadn't caused a scratch on it. Not only that, but she suddenly felt cold and weak. Just like when she had just woken up on the Scramble Crossing on this very day. It had somehow occurred to her that she had lost whatever power she possessed when her and Akiba had created a pact.
"Oh crap," Sana suddenly shouted as she realized her partner had now nearly collapsed. "Akiba!" How long had he been on his knees? She quickly grabbed his hand for the third time today. Again, the familiar warm light surrounded her as she felt rejuvenated. What she hadn't noticed was that the Griffin had taken this time to sneak its way toward her and was about to pounce. With her guitar out of reach, she felt slightly overwhelmed. Fishing through her pockets again, she pulled out another pin. This one had the skull and cross bones on it, as formed by a rabbit. As soon as the Noise jumped at her, he extended her hand. Her palm then fired off a ball of energy, knocking the monster out of the air onto the ground. She then made a beeline to her guitar, holding it up by its neck.
"Akiba!" She turned around to make sure her partner was alright. "We're not done here yet. Let's show these things who's boss!"

Key Wielder

Awards
Allegra was beginning to wonder when they were going to make it to the 104 building when she suddenly felt as though she had been punched in the gut. For the briefest moment, she actually thought she had gotten her sight back, a flash of light illuminating...well, nothing. It was just a flash of light she assumed was all in her head, but the pain it brought with it was real enough. Taken aback, her hand slipped off of Adagio's shoulder and she staggered back, blinking a few times. The light was gone, leaving the same bleak oblivion in front of her eyes that had plagued her since she had woken up. That was weird...

Reaching out with her senses, she tried to tune out the voices and thoughts flowing into her mind and focus on what she could discern from the less than vivid mental picture it provided. She noticed that one of the pins in her pocket vibrated slightly as she did it, and she wondered if maybe that had something to do with it. So far as she knew, normal blind people couldn't do things like this; the other pins had some sort of power, so maybe there was one that allowed her to attune her senses to her surroundings like this.

Either way, what Allegra "saw" wasn't comforting. The colorful Noise symbols were coming at them now in spite of their previous reluctance to do so. Fine, we can take 'em! She pulled the handful of pins out of her pocket and tried waving her arm as she had done before, silently apologizing to whoever's car was about to need some body work.

Nothing happened. Oh, come on... She tried again, but still nothing happened. Maybe she needed to be closer to Adagio for it to work? He was her partner, after all.

Or is he...? she thought, suddenly realizing she could no longer sense him nearby. "Adagio?!"

One of the Noise symbols almost slipped past her mental radar, seeming to leap at her given it's trajectory. Improvising, Allegra aimed a fist at it just as its color filled her mental eye completely. Her punch landed perfectly, and she heard some kind of creature whimpering as it went flying back through the air. ...Okay... This will work for now...

"Adagio, you still with me here? I think something's wrong." The connection had been slightly disconcerting, albeit useful, but now Allegra found herself longing for it to still be there.

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Sending out my soul to worlds more beautiful
~- A World That You Can Understand -~

Siam let the arrow fly and felt a scream that wanted escape, but it wouldn't be granted. She almost jumped back toward another wolf as the leader swatted her bow away. She tried to think of a way to get out of this without leaving her back exposed, her primal instinct screaming at her to get her back to the wall; but how could she when she was surrounded?

She felt someone tackle her then, rescuing her from the wolf-like creatures before they lunged at her. Fidgeting uncomfortably at a stab of pain, she embraced it since it meant she was still alive...sort of. Coming to the end of the skid, she twisted in the person's arms and saw it was a guy; he appeared five years older than her. He let her go and climbed to his feet; as she climbed to hers, Siam tried to ignore the feeling of being watched.

"Okay, Pact's in place. You ready to do this?" He asked, his eyes roaming over her, checking to see she hadn't been hurt by their slide into the wall. She nodded in response; her eyes were quickly drawn to her bow and bent down to pick it up. Rounding on the wolves, she frowned at them and knocked another arrow as the man attacked them with a fire-based pin.

A sudden thought occurring to her; she lowered her bow and fished through the pocket on her quiver. Grabbing a couple of pins, she straightened and trained her sights on the wolves. Re-knocking the arrow, she aimed and let the arrow soar, encased in a beam of light. The attack erased the remaining wolves, causing them to turn into puffs of "static." A cheerful smile on her face, she turned to look at the man as he laughed, "Now that's what I call a barbecue."

A grin on her face, Siam nodded in agreement and suddenly thought of something. Slapping herself in the forehead, she pulled her phone out and typed something out and hit the send button. The name's Siam, what's yours? Pausing the song that had been playing during the fight, she flipped it to the text message she got before she'd been attacked and showed it to him, tilting her head to the side in curiosity.

Raising her hand to reveal the timer, she waited until he gave his answer before putting her phone away. "The name's Rhys Hunter, nice to meet you Siam. Yeah, I've got a timer too, it's a little strange don't you think? Hey, quick question, did they take your voice as your entry fee?"

Siam nodded quickly in answer to both his questions and headed toward the direction of the ten-four building. Hesitating for a brief moment, she turned toward the guy and waited for him to catch up and lead the way, her bow once again resting against her back alongside her quiver.

Rhys quickly followed her before taking the lead, carefully checking and then double checking to make sure there was no Noise. They'd made it to Cadoi City without another encounter; thankful for the fast walking pace, Siam glanced at Rhys before stumbling a bit.

A sharp pain shot through her head, and confusion widened her eyes as the blond heard a snarling behind her. Did the pact break? If so, why? Running for Rhys since he'd gotten ahead of her, Siam reached out and grabbed his hand; she felt another jolt as the pact reformed. Quickly spinning around to face the Noise, Siam fully expected to see it there; but the way behind them was empty, relatively speaking. Sure, there was people but there was no Noise.

Confusion shining in her eyes, she glanced at her partner before looking back in the direction of ten-four and started walking again. Siam knew that it must have seemed strange, but she didn't really want to "talk" about what had caused her to flip out just a few moments ago if he didn't bring it up. She hoped he didn't.

~- Pain... -~

Sync remained in his corner, listening as Minnie chattered with Cadence and glancing at Blaster to judge his opinion. Turns out Blaster wasn't happy with it, but then again, he could've been wrong. With the way he went off at Minnie? He's just fine with her endless chatter.... Yeah right. He thought, leaning his head against the wall, Sync massaged his temple to soothe the headache.

"Freshmeat?"

The upset chirp from the younger reaper drew his attention to her, again. For several minutes she just stared at Blaster, examining him, completely ignoring Sync, for which he was grateful, but that wasn't important right now, right? He shook his head carefully, returning his attention to the conversation.

"I thought we were on the same side... You don't have to be so mean..."

Cadence seemed annoyed by what was going, which did catch his attention. He remained silent as the girl tried to figure out how to quiet her partner. Glancing again at his own work partner, Sync stepped a little closer to being into view and said evenly, "Minnie, calm down, Blaster's known for a bad mouth and an equally bad attitude, so don't take it to heart. And by the way, those blond streaks? They're not dyed, they're all natural; that's something that keeps getting brought up again and again, and is yet another way to get him grouchy...er. So just steer clear of Mr. Bad Attitude here." He nodded at the Reaper a few feet from him, and being careful not to let any of the others hear he added for Blaster's ears alone, "Good going, you made her cry, and thus made her even more annoying and loud." Although, the tone of voice and eye roll hinted at his skepticism on the tears being real.

This meeting had better get started soon, if not we're going to be down a Harrier or two. He thought silently, glancing at the growing agitation on Blaster's face.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back