• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What 2018 game are you personally excited for?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Hello everyone. Masteroflostrain on the day before 2018. With amazing games coming out next, 2018 could be the best gaming year yet. This won't be a list like I usually discuss but the games I want to discuss individually list. So five is my max, but you can individually discuss any number of games you can't wait to see or going to get.

1:Spider-Man PS4. I am highly excited for this game. The last spiderman game I own for console was neversoft ps1 game . I love that miles morales will be in the game(though I don't know if he will be playable. ). Giving lesser know villians a try (dr negative), and having QTE gameplay. Albeit I don't know if the game will have fluid combos, but I am sure of the new mechanics for the game. Being able to plant web bombs is pretty neat, and more parkour like web swinging. Overall I will get this game no matter what.

2:God of War ps4. I'm very excited for this game because I do love the 3rd party perspective. I really love how this is the same kratos from the original god of war, and the fact the Norse gods knows of him. And a interview said that his son knows his pass. I'm more excited of the potential complex storytelling going on. Honestly just the story and gameplay is good enough for me. Since it's coming in early 2018, I have more chances of buying it.

3: Far Cry 5. I am excited for this game because it's big change of coming to America. I can't wait to play this because of the new added features, and first ever character creation. I don't got much to say, but I am totally excited.

4: Monster Hunter World. I honestly am very excited. I always sucks at the games in the series. Hopefully the story mode can be very promising, and have character development. All in all, I am just very happy to getting a game this good.

5:Days Gone. I'm so excited for this as well. A ps4 zombie exclusive that's taking a different twist. I do like the biker zombie attacker. And finally a zombie animal. I gotta get this game when it comes out. Well let's all hope it'll be a good game.

Well tell as many games as you want in detail that you can't wait to see you, or have on your console. :)

Phantom

1. Kingdom Hearts 3
Been a fan of the series since I was a kid, so naturally I'm really hyped for the third main series game.

2. Spider-Man PS4
I like Spider-Man, and Insomniac Games is one of my favorite game developers, so I have really high hopes for this.

3. Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - Hacker's Memory
I played the previous game last year and it quickly became one of my favorite games ever, so I was really pleased to discover it was getting a "sequel" (well, alternate story to be exact). Also, Digimon was my favorite TV show as a kid.

4. Shovel Knight: King of Cards
I know, it's technically not a new game, but rather an expansion. I think Shovel Knight is a really fun game, and previous expansion Specter of Torment was amazing, which is why I have big hopes for the last expansion.

5. Mega Man 11
I really like classic Mega Man series, so I'm glad that there'll be another installment. I just hope Capcom doesn't screw this one up.

Awards
5. Mega Man 11
I really like classic Mega Man series, so I'm glad that there'll be another installment. I just hope Capcom doesn't screw this one up.

Wait there's gonna be a new megaman game? How long has it been since 10 release?

ImVentus

Awards
Yeah there's many new cool additions of games coming out this year

but Kingdom Hearts 3 is going to be exciting.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I HATE THIS QUESTION BECAUSE IM SO EXCITED FOR SO MANY!!

Kingdom Hearts 3 is obviously the big one so I’m just going to gloss over it.

Insomniac’s Spider-Man is something I can’t believe is a thing and I am extremely hyped. I love the Ratchet and Clank series so I have faith in Insomniac, and Spider-Man is the only superhero I like. The only Marvel movies I have gone to the cinemas to watch have been movies with Spider-Man in it. The rest I have skipped.

I am very interested in Detroit. I like what they have shown so far and I am interested in seeing where David Cage will take the story. It also serves as a horrible reminder that I have the Heavy Rain / Beyond Two Souls PS4 bundle sitting on my shelf barely played.

Dissidia is one that I was excited for but the more I learnt about it the more I am a bit weary. I don’t like online games. I don’t like competitive games. I don’t like having to play with people or against people. Let me be bad in private. I wanted this Dissidia to be like the old ones, with a proper story mode instead of the shoehorned in one they’ve made here, with 1x1 battles like the PSP games. I’m still going to be there day one and will no doubt lose every battle I participate in.

There’s apparently a new Ace Attorney game coming in 2018 for the Nintendo Switch. It will be the game that prompts me to purchase a Switch because my mobile devices do not have the battery to support a heavy game like Ace Attorney lol.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Kingdom Hearts III
Spider-Man
God of War
Far Cry 5
Red Dead Redemption 2
Monster Hunter World
Sea of Thieves
Metroid Prime 4
Ghost of Tsushima
Days Gone
The Last of Us 2
Death Stranding

bingo/drinking game for any titles not coming this year lol

Awards
Kingdom Hearts III
Spider-Man
God of War
Far Cry 5
Red Dead Redemption 2
Monster Hunter World
Sea of Thieves
Metroid Prime 4
Ghost of Tsushima
Days Gone
The Last of Us 2
Death Stranding

bingo/drinking game for any titles not coming this year lol

Ghost of tshumia? I thought the game was still in development, and isn't death stranding development unknown at this moment?

Recon

Art of War
Awards
The games coming out in 2018 is looking good for me so far. I'm excited for:

Monster Hunter World
After playing the beta twice, I can not fucking wait any longer. This is the experience fans have been waiting for years. Not just a high definition monster hunter game on a console system, but the game offers new monsters and features we've all been waiting for.

Kingdom Hearts 3
God lord, this will feel so good to finally get the resolution after all these years. Like I don't even care if it's a sad ending, I just want clearance. We've been ready for a LONG time. It's time to close this game up and move on.

Dissidia NT
After playing hundreds of hours on the first two games, my hype behind this game is unreal. I will agree with Chaser on the notion of the game being too competitive. I can already see the tier lists now...Ultimecia better not be #1.

God of War
Great series. I've always been into greek mythology and have played the other entries. I am skeptical on some of the trailers already shown, but I am more than willing to show keen interest.

Shovel Knight: King of Cards
Yes, this is rather an expansion on a game from 2014, but it's probably one of the best platforming games this generation has seen (scoot over Tropical Freeze). I will be downloading day one for sure.

Veevee

Awards
Kingdom Hearts 3: A given.

Monster Hunter World: I waited so long for the series to go back to the Playstation because I can't stand the 3DS and the Wii U. Played the beta, looking really forward to it. <3

Ni no Kuni 2: While the first one was not as memorable as many people claimed, I found it overall very charming and hope it'll improve in a few aspects. I'm also glad they start off a new story because the story in the first game was finished. I don't need unnecessary prequels, midquels or sequels to it and look forward to my Ghibli-Level 5-mashup.

Dragon Quest 11: If it is to come, I'll be a sucker for it.

And most of all: Digimon Cyber Sleuth 2. I really, really love the first one, Digimon is my all-time favorite franchise despite Tri's horrendous existence and I can't wait for more of the addicting taming system. <3

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
For real guys, I'm feeling it for Far Cry 5. I may have disliked Far Cry 4. I may not be overly keen on Ubisoft in general. But I'll take some hillbillies ty.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
KH3 and Secret of Mana Remake.
I really want to play Dissidia, too, but its definitely not a Day 1 purchase.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
I was going to say Secret of Mana as well. I just got my SNES classic and was intrigued at a 2 player rpg. Started a playthrough with my friend and I'm really into it. I'm currently at the place where you fight the wall with the eyes. Can't say I know half of what's going on, but it's really been fun.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
This month alone:
Monster Hunter World
Digimon Story: Hacker's Memory
Dissidia NT
Dragon Ball Fighterz

And the rest of the year lol:
Ni no Kuni II
Spiderman
KH3 (duh)
That new Switch Kirby game
In general like, what they may drop for the Switch like Metroid Prime, or Animal Crossing, or Pokemon. We don't know enough yet to know fully what all I want lol.

And I still have a bit of a back log, sigh....I guess I just will forever it seems :p

JacquelineDeane

I am excited for Kingdom Hearts 3, which will arrive sometime later this year.

The release date is sometime in 2018.

BlueTearS-

I am excited for Kingdom Hearts 3, which will arrive sometime later this year.

The release date is sometime in 2018.

Just hope it won't be delayed to like 2019.

Personally I am excited about:

God of War
The Last of Us Part II
Ni No Kuni 2
Valkyria Chronicles 4
Final Fantasy VII remake (although I don't believe it will be released in 2018)

Nothing else comes to my mind for now.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I need to add Code: Vein. It seems to be in the Souls-type genre as an action RPG with more of an...anime feeling to it. It looks wicked. Bandai Namco keeps saying 2018, but no specific date yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back