• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What’s your favourite Pokémon game in the main series?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Favourite Pokémon game?

• Diamond/ Pearl/Platinum

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • X/Y

• Sun/Moon or remakes

• Sword/ Shield including DLC

• Total voters

Vulpes XIII

Awards
With Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl coming out this year, It made me curious what everyone else’s favourite game in the main series is? For me it was the Ruby/Sapphire/ Emerald since I think Gen 3 was awesome as I think it was cool how they added double battles into the series with this entry also I enjoyed the Pokemon contests and secret base features. I loved the story and I liked the rivalry between Team Aqua and Team Magma, the latter having really cool designs in my opinion. Also I just think the legendary and starters in Gen 3 looked awesome and the remakes were just as enjoyable as the originals. Plus the fact that the remakes ended up making their own meme is kind of funny to me with the whole 7.8/10 “ Too much water” review from IGN.

Other than that I would say Gold/Silver/ Crystal plus there remakes where a close second for me, although I do like all the games in the series.

Soldier

Awards
Heartgold will always have a place in my heart (pun intended)

It was the first Pokemon game I ever played, and I still remember getting it in the summer of 2009. I remember sitting in my mother's car with the windows open with the game in hand while I waited for her to return from Old Navy for the dreaded clothes shopping thinking "I should've brought my DS with me".

Years later, Sword and shield come out, not the best games in the series mind you, but you have to give Gamefreak credit for creative designs. I LOVED the galar fossils being a reference to the crystal palace dinosaurs and their bizzare anatomy and pokedex entries that don't even TRY to sell the idea that these creatures could have possibly existed. Plus, the crown tundra gave us WILD fossil pokemon, when in the entire core series has that ever been a thing?

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
BW for me. I was day one with this series, got promotional material from my aunt who worked with promotional firm. She said that this series was going to take the world by storm and she was right.

My first game was Red, which I lost right away, but my first completed entry was Yellow, so it holds a soft spot for me.
HOWEVER! The games I’ve replayed the most are GSC, I own all 3 on Virtual Console and replay them all the time. I actually completed the Dex on Gold version last month.
That being said, I was getting burnt out so when BW came, nothing could prepare me. EVERYTHING was new so it felt like I was relearning how play Pokémon, I couldn’t rely on old knowledge seeing how old Pokémon were locked to the post game. I absolutely adored the sprite work and the music was easily top tier. The seasonal changes were revolutionary and the icing on the cake was the story.
N was a cultural reset for the franchise and easily a famous and well loved character in this community, and for good reason too. The story was more important and the characters were more involved in the narrative.
Masuda considered BW to be his Magnum Opus and it shows. He wrote online journal entries about the development of this game and you could tell the passion that was point into it. They really wanted to revolutionize the series....But the response was horrid.

BW sold well, but less than previous entries, add the vocal minority complaining about the new Pokémon being the default selection and GF reacted immediately.

I truly believe everything post 5 is a direct response to the way people reacted to BW, and that’s a damned shame.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Silver/Gold are my all time favorite, they were just the perfect sequel for the original games. I remember being super excited for this game to come out as a little kid. It introduced a lot of fun aspect of the series that have been continued to this day. Plus it and it's remake remain the only games to feature two Regions.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Gen 2 remakes. I never played the Johto games. My first experience with them was the rom hack ShinyGold. Enjoyed it very much. Then got into other Gen 2 "remakes" that were based on rom hacks, then got Silver and then got HeartGold.

Vulpes XIII

Awards
When did Black & White get remakes...?

Also, Gen V overall is my fave. Black & White’s endgame is still the best I’ve seen in any Pokemon game.
It’s been a long time since I played Black and White and Black and White 2 so I forgot it‘s actually a sequel and not a remake and since I can’t edit the option in the poll, I was kind of hoping no one would notice lol

Last edited:

Soldier

Awards
It’s been a long time since I played Black and White and Black and White 2 so I forgot it‘s actually a sequel and not a remake and since I can’t edit the option in the poll, I was kind of hoping no one would notice lol
Technically there is a rom hack called blaze black and volt white that while fanmade is kind of a remake. It adds in pokemon from previous generations at the beginning of the game, however most trainers have egg moves on their mons (such as a flame wheel rattata, Joey would be proud) making it very hard to nuzlocke as they can have ANY moveset.

Back