• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

We've Played it, Ask Us Your Questions About Final Fantasy XIII-2!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
This past October, Square Enix hosted a special fan event to allow the fan sites to get an exclusive sneak peak of Final Fantasy XIII-2 before it hits stores in late January. FinalFantasy.net (Shamdeo and I) were fortunate enough to get an invite to the event, which consisted of a three hour session with what appeared to be a full build of the game as well as an interview with XIII-2 Producer Yoshinori Kitase and Art Director Isamu Kamikokuryo.

We'll have our previews and the interview going up some time today, but we also wanted to do a question/answer segment to address any questions you guys might have about the game.

Keep in mind there are some things, mostly story related, that we are unable to talk about. We'll do our best though. Opinion related questions might be better.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
A relatively simple question:

Many previews, including one I read on Eurogamer, said that the game is a huge apology letter to the fans as they took many opinions (good and bad) on board when creating XIII-2. So in contrast to the original, how much open it is and how much it places on a player-driven narrative?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
How did it feel having monsters in your party? Did you feel like it was a loss because there was no character as the third member or did it feel like that allowed for more freedom to customize? Would you personally rather a permanent third character member or the monsters?

When you start playing as Noel and Serah, did you feel as if there was a lot of freedom to do whatever you wanted? Too much freedom? Not enough?

ghost013

Two questions about characters.

1. Will only Serah and Noel be playable throughout the game? If so, why?

2. Will characters like Snow and Lightning be playable later in the game like in the original FF13. What about Hope? Are there any new characters playable?

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
What aspect of the game did you enjoy the most?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
How smooth does the game run? Is there any kind of load time when switching between areas, using the historia crux, or switching from between gameplay and cutscenes?

DPRFKI86

I've noticed something extra in the paradigm names from three party paradigms in some of the screenshots. What is with the "-X"? What does it mean?

How are Serah and Noel able to use magic?

What are the revisitable areas from the previous game? How have they changed?

As the primary roles question, Serah and Noel will have access to all roles from the very start, but you'll be required to purchase role levels at the Crystarium before gaining anything from that role.

Last edited:

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
How can this game convince non-Final Fantasy fans to buy and play it? What is it's best selling point besides being a Final Fantasy title?

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
I think this has been asked before but are there going to be any characters in the game, besides Serah and Noel that will be in your party for the rest of the game?

Gram

Banned
Awards
:O really simple 1 do i get to play as lightning at least more than twice?
2. is the crystarium in this game limited like the 1st? (like i only got to level 9 after chapter12) or is it completely unlocked in that i can level as i see fit?
3. (last one) its been bothering me forever....but how can they use magic if they arent l'cie!? DX<

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
How did you like the Historia Crux element of the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back