• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TV ► Westworld - "These violent delights have violent ends."

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
I'm surprised no one's talking about this show yet. I finally watched the first episode after missing it last week. Damn was it good. Loved that rendition of Paint it Black.

For the uninitiated, Westworld is a show on HBO based on the 1973 film of the same name. Westworld is set in the future where highly advanced amusement parks exist. Westworld is a western themed amusement park. These parks are full of life-like androids that act as characters playing out scripts catering to rich guests. Guests to the park are able to do whatever they want with these characters without fear or consequences. These androids are dubbed "Hosts" who are unable to hurt the guests and have their memories erased each day. It is the ultimate in wish fulfilment. Come to Westworld to live out your fantasy.

Trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuS5huqOND4

I am pretty excited to see the next episode.

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Re: Westworld - "Would you hurt a living thing?"

I actually missed the first episode of it as well, even though, I caught glimpses of it recently. I'll probably watch it as well, cause the trailer has me hooked. Good thing I still have HBO to watch it after seeing the trailer. The actor talking to Dolores at the end looks familiar, except I can't place him. Anyways, I look forward to catching up on the first episode of it. I'll share my thoughts on it after I watch the first episode in this post too. C:

Zero Sora

Awards

You're talking about Anthony Hopkins.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

You're talking about Anthony Hopkins.
I think she's talking about the oldest Hemsworth, Luke.

Anthony Hopkins' character doesn't talk to Dolores at the end, he talks to her father.

Zero Sora

Awards

I think she's talking about the oldest Hemsworth, Luke.

Anthony Hopkins' character doesn't talk to Dolores at the end, he talks to her father.

She's talking about the trailer I assume. She said she hasn't seen the episode yet.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards

It was Anthony Hopkins. xD I had to look that up real fast to know who you guys meant.

Anyways, I officially watched the first episode! I didn't realize it wasn't Anthony Hopkins talking to Dolores until after seeing the episode. I didn't know this was like before and after kind of episode. Where things were switched around and told backwards. It's a bit head scratching to watch. However, I like the madness that comes with creating narratives and stories for the A.I to follow. And I really like the characters. I find it a bit shocking yet awesome and horrifying at the same time. I had to mute the television only once when the torture began with the one A.I. that played poker by that one cowboy. Otherwise, I look forward to the following episodes to come.

And that painted black song. Damn, that was well chosen. <3

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

This show is fantastic so far, I'm so glad I caught it before it went on too far. I'm hooked.

Zero Sora

Awards

Yes, join me.

So apparently episode two has already been released on HBO's streaming service.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards

That second episode felt more intense. I like that we got to see more beyond the playground this time around.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com

CviI_1qWgAAiEeF.jpg

Laura Hudson's weekly reviews of this show on Vulture are pretty great.

I've been enjoying the show so far. I'm especially liking the parallels to gaming and gaming culture right now. I find that an interesting angle to view it all in. I'm definitely keeping with it.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

CviI_1qWgAAiEeF.jpg

Laura Hudson's weekly reviews of this show on Vulture are pretty great.

I've been enjoying the show so far. I'm especially liking the parallels to gaming and gaming culture right now. I find that an interesting angle to view it all in. I'm definitely keeping with it.
It was interesting to see two sides of a gamer mentality in this episode; one person takes characters seriously and doesn't want to hurt them and one person wants to destroy everything since there's no consequences.

It reminds me of games having a good/bad route thay are achieved through actions towards the games characters lol.

Zero Sora

Awards

I'd have to agree with both of you. It's quite fascinating.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com

"Westworld has a lot to say about stories, how they can serve as both the programming that constrains our lives or the means of rewriting it. Stories are powerful stuff, which is why we have to be careful with the ones we write about other people. Just ask Dolores — or most female characters in Hollywood — about what it's like to inhabit a world where you exist purely to be desired, saved, threatened, or f*cked. What it's like to be the object of every sentence, not the subject.

The play-within-a-play conceit of Westworld is meant to implicate us — to reveal not only about how the stories we tell as a culture reflect our beliefs, but how they affect the people we tell them about in unexpectedly real ways. If there's anything to be learned from the Ballad of Dolores and its endless refrain of misogynistic violence, it's that the stories the entertainment industry likes to tell about women — or really anyone besides the straight white men who are overwhelmingly their architects — are not only pernicious, but achingly boring. How can Dolores be content with the same tedious damsel-in-distress loop playing out over and over again for eternity? Follow-up question: How can we?"

another good write up about this week's ep by laura hudson.

Zero Sora

Awards

So I've been busy with packing and moving that I haven't had the time to watch Westworld. Now I'm finally all caught up, and oh my god. Early on I suspected that a human character would turn out to be a host. It's so perfectly set up that it's impossible not to use that twist. I just didn't think it would be Bernard. I honestly suspected Ford himself to be a Host that was secretly controlled by the fabled Arnold who faked his death.

Another thing I noticed is that the secret underground room is the same room where Bernard has his talks with Dolores. I'm starting to wonder what that's all about. I'm interested to see what Mauve will do now. I'm guessing by the season finale she'll either have escaped, started a revolution, or be caught and sent away for destruction. Honestly it seems like Dolores, Ford, or Arnold (If he is alive, or lives on as a Host) will have the closing moment of this season with some big revelation/game changer.

This show had a pretty good first episode, but then it seemed to slow down to let the characters and plot develop a little more. Now it seems to be ramping up again. I'm excited to see the remaining three episodes.

Zero Sora

Awards
Re: Westworld - "And in that sleep, what dreams may come."

Agreed. Apparently season 1 is the backstory for the real story they want to tell for the whole show. It's a shame season 2 isn't happening until 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back