• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Were the Seven Princesses of Heart born from the Chi-blade's seven shards of light or not?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
Let's twitter Nomura and ask his opinion.:tongue:

I think it would make a good origin story: Kingdom Hearts vanishes from the realm of light, the χ-blade shatters to replace it, thus the seven princesses are born.

Instead we have this concept of seven princesses and their hearts of pure light without really knowing how they are chosen and if they were always the same from the beginning, which doesn't make much sense especially for Kairi.

Connected to the princesses is the Keyblade of heart which, at least according to Master Xehanort, appeared after the Keyblade War and is able to open the door to Kingdom Heart itself when created by all seven pure hearts of light.
So at least in some sense the Keyblade of heart is like an incomplete χ-blade itself with similar abilities (opening the door to Kingdom hearts vs. summoning Kingdom Hearts).

But at least according to the prevalent opinion here, the χ-blade simply shattered and none of its original 13 pieces is important anymore, the Princesses, their origin and the Keyblade of heart are probably more victims of incoherent legacy plot than anything else.

Master Exin

Awards
Let's twitter Nomura and ask his opinion.:tongue:
XD, but seriously, were you trying to tease with that emoji?

I think it would make a good origin story: Kingdom Hearts vanishes from the realm of light, the χ-blade shatters to replace it, thus the seven princesses are born.
Yeah, it would be simpler and make more sense.

Instead we have this concept of seven princesses and their hearts of pure light without really knowing how they are chosen and if they were always the same from the beginning, which doesn't make much sense especially for Kairi.
Maybe in KHIII, we'll hopefully get some enlightening knowledge about this.

Connected to the princesses is the Keyblade of heart which, at least according to Master Xehanort, appeared after the Keyblade War and is able to open the door to Kingdom Heart itself when created by all seven pure hearts of light. So at least in some sense the Keyblade of heart is like an incomplete χ-blade itself with similar abilities (opening the door to Kingdom hearts vs. summoning Kingdom Hearts).
Yeah, good possibility. The Key of People's Hearts could very be another attempt at recreating the Chi-blade.

But at least according to the prevalent opinion here, the χ-blade simply shattered and none of its original 13 pieces is important anymore, the Princesses, their origin and the Keyblade of heart are probably more victims of incoherent legacy plot than anything else.
Indeed, if the seven Shards of Light became the Princesses of Heart, something similar could've happened with the thirteen Shards of Darkness.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
No, they weren't.
The seven shards of light were born to PROTECT the princesses of heart. One could argue, of course, that the princesses back at that time when that happened were their own protectors, so princess and guardian at once, but I don't really think so.

Master Exin

Awards
No, they weren't.
The seven shards of light were born to PROTECT the princesses of heart. One could argue, of course, that the princesses back at that time when that happened were their own protectors, so princess and guardian at once, but I don't really think so.
Okay, but apparently the Keyblade War was said to have occured about hundreds or thousands of years before even the events of Birth by Sleep, the Princesses lived that long? They must be immortal.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Okay, but apparently the Keyblade War was said to have occured about hundreds or thousands of years before even the events of Birth by Sleep, the Princesses lived that long? They must be immortal.

It's probably not the same princesses now as it was back then, I suppose.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
No, they weren't.
I still don't understand, from a storytelling perspective, why you would go these lengths to add such a detail if it's not used. They could have completely glossed over it like they did for the 13 pieces of darkness, but they chose not to. Instead it's presented like the blade broke because these pieces were needed when in reality they aren't since nobody heard of these protectors before.

It is so disconnected. Obviously the princesses are important but they weren't exactly protected in the original Kingdom Hearts. It's clear to me that this whole speech is the setup to form the NuProtectors but even for this purpose the little detour in the realm of fairy tales wasn't exactly needed either. You could just point to Maleficent's doings in KH and say it's probably for the best to do it now.

This is Chekhov's Gun in its purest form.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I still don't understand, from a storytelling perspective, why you would go these lengths to add such a detail if it's not used. They could have completely glossed over it like they did for the 13 pieces of darkness, but they chose not to. Instead it's presented like the blade broke because these pieces were needed when in reality they aren't since nobody heard of these protectors before.

It is so disconnected. Obviously the princesses are important but they weren't exactly protected in the original Kingdom Hearts. It's clear to me that this whole speech is the setup to form the NuProtectors but even for this purpose the little detour in the realm of fairy tales wasn't exactly needed either. You could just point to Maleficent's doings in KH and say it's probably for the best to do it now.

(Half this entire story is made up of Chekov's Guns tbh)

The princesses weren't protected in KH1 because up until then, it just wasn't necessary. The worlds were in a state of relative peace, Heartless were a rare sight rather than a legion of all-consuming darkness, and it's likely that no one knew the identities of the Princesses besides the Keyblade wielders/masters, who wouldn't abuse that information unless their name was Xehanort. And remember that the only reason why Maleficent started to hunt down the Princesses (and knew who to look for) was because Xehanort told her about them in the first place.

By the time that the Princesses really did need protectors, the Jedi Order Keyblade Masters of the Land of Departure had been wiped out, while Mickey didn't really seem to know what was going on, only knowing that the stars were blinking out and the end of the universe was nigh.

But yes, in the end, this plot point is primarily meant to give a reason to form 7 GoL's to oppose Xehanort. It's exactly what Xehanort wants, but when refusing to fight puts innocent/important lives on the line... well.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
imo, the "shards broke to protect the PoH" detail is just there to answer the question "why doesn't the light side just not fight?", and the answer is, because either the guardians OR the PoH can be used to forge the X-Blade, so even if the guardians don't fight, MX will target the Princesses. it's a detail meant to explain a plot hole basically. whether or not it has any deeper significance remains to be seen, I 'spose.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I mean Jasmine being the princess of a city I imagine had quite a bit of armed forces protecting her and she was still easily caught...

Which proves Darkness>Guns

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I mean Jasmine being the princess of a city I imagine had quite a bit of armed forces protecting her and she was still easily caught...

Which proves Darkness>Guns
Jafar had kinda seized all power and deposed the current sultan by the time SDG arrived in Agrabah the first time, so I can't imagine that whatever remaining law enforcement there would be on Jasmine's side.

Everything > Guns, though. Sora got blasted by an actual shotgun at point-blank range and didn't die on the spot. Hell, he even stayed in one piece. guns are pretty weaksauce in this universe.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Jafar had kinda seized all power and deposed the current sultan by the time SDG arrived in Agrabah the first time, so I can't imagine that whatever remaining law enforcement there would be on Jasmine's side.

Everything > Guns, though. Sora got blasted by an actual shotgun at point-blank range and didn't die on the spot. Hell, he even stayed in one piece. guns are pretty weaksauce in this universe.

Oh for some reason I remember it as Jafar only gaining some power once he got the Genie.

But there is a lesson to be shown. In Land of the Dragon, the army had guns but kept failing but once they got a keyblade wielder they started to not suck. Maybe Kingdom hearts is a lesson on how guns are no match for a strong heart.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Oh for some reason I remember it as Jafar only gaining some power once he got the Genie.

But there is a lesson to be shown. In Land of the Dragon, the army had guns but kept failing but once they got a keyblade wielder they started to not suck. Maybe Kingdom hearts is a lesson on how guns are no match for a strong heart.
Armies in ancient China had rockets, but not guns.

Master Exin

Awards
It's probably not the same princesses now as it was back then, I suppose.
Maybe reincarnation.

So basically, Xehanort will still get his Chi-blade, with either the Seven Princesses or the Seven Guardians.

(Half this entire story is made up of Chekov's Guns tbh)

The princesses weren't protected in KH1 because up until then, it just wasn't necessary. The worlds were in a state of relative peace, Heartless were a rare sight rather than a legion of all-consuming darkness, and it's likely that no one knew the identities of the Princesses besides the Keyblade wielders/masters, who wouldn't abuse that information unless their name was Xehanort. And remember that the only reason why Maleficent started to hunt down the Princesses (and knew who to look for) was because Xehanort told her about them in the first place.

By the time that the Princesses really did need protectors, the Jedi Order Keyblade Masters of the Land of Departure had been wiped out, while Mickey didn't really seem to know what was going on, only knowing that the stars were blinking out and the end of the universe was nigh.

But yes, in the end, this plot point is primarily meant to give a reason to form 7 GoL's to oppose Xehanort. It's exactly what Xehanort wants, but when refusing to fight puts innocent/important lives on the line... well.
Touche.

imo, the "shards broke to protect the PoH" detail is just there to answer the question "why doesn't the light side just not fight?", and the answer is, because either the guardians OR the PoH can be used to forge the X-Blade, so even if the guardians don't fight, MX will target the Princesses. it's a detail meant to explain a plot hole basically. whether or not it has any deeper significance remains to be seen, I suppose.
So the 'Guardians of Light' are basically roles for the Keyblade-Wielders (Sora, Kairi, Riku, Lea, Mickey, Aqua, & Ventus) to take in order to protect the Princesses and fight Xehanort's new Organisation XIII/'Seekers of Shadow', right?

Really? When did that happen? I don't recall actually.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
^in kh1, deep jungle. clayton would use a shotgun in battle against sora and friends.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
My head hurts from all the arguments on here. Maybe the light didn't because in BBS, Xehanort and Maleficent already was tricking Terra to collect hearts of princesses before the x-blade shattered. Xehanort already has intended to capture the PoH, even without the princesses having shards of light in there hearts or else after events of KH1, Xehanort would STILL try to capture the PoH because if they would have the 7 shards of light, they would be any important part of forging the x-blade. But seeing Xehanort hasn't been going after the PoH anymore, then they don't have further use. Xehanort said, "You have served your purpose, but now it's over." They were only used to open the final keyhole in Hollow Bastion for Xehanort to reach to Kingdom Hearts. But Idk! Nomura, help us!

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
The X-Blade shattering that characters like Yen Sid and Xehanort talk about is referring to the Keyblade War, in the Age of Fairy Tales. It's not referring to the Vanitas-Ventus made blade.

Master Exin

Awards
The X-Blade shattering that characters like Yen Sid and Xehanort talk about is referring to the Keyblade War, in the Age of Fairy Tales. It's not referring to the Vanitas-Ventus made blade.
Exactly, it's just I find it less easy to believe that the Seven Princesses actually conexisted with the Chi-blade itself back then. Those lasses must be frigging immortal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back