• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Were Braig, Dilan, and Aeleus Scientists?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Before BBS, we assumed that Ansem's five other apprentices were scientists like Xehanort and himself. But when we see them in BBS, only Ienzo and Even were. Braig, Dilan, and Aeleus were presented as guards to the castle. If they were considered Ansem's apprentices, you'd think they would have been scientists like Xehanort, rather than guards who only protected the castle.

Do you guys think it was possible that they were scientists who guarded the castle part time or could they still be considered apprentices even though they don't appear to be scientists?

Hobbe

I think Braig shoehorned his way into the 'Apprentice fold' by gaining Terranort's trust (assuming the apprentice had actual amnesia). Being captain of the guard, he could easily have let Aelaeus and Dilan get involved. I think those two were only involved because of their sheer power, making them great candidates to be strong Xehanorts.

Although I personally think there's more to the other Apprentices than we currently know.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Well I doubt science was Diz's only form of tutorship. He could be an apprentice to the others in other areas.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Well I doubt science was Diz's only form of tutorship. He could be an apprentice to the others in other areas.

Like what? What other fields could Braig, Aeleus, and Dilan be apprentices in aside from sciece? Ansem isn't a fighter, so they can't be apprentices in that field

Last edited:

Gram

Banned
Awards
Like what? What other fields could Braig, Aeleus, and Diland be apprentices in aside from sciece?

*shrugs* I dunno. lol
If I did I'd have gave examples, just pointing it out. People don't generally gain the title "wise man" on scientific know how alone.
Plus the others besides Even and Ienzo seem far from scholar minded.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Cooking? Leadership skills maybe?
There is a possibility that everyone who works for Mr. The Wise are called apprentices. Like that's just the job title or something.

Last edited:

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
It's an interesting question but I would say even if they weren't actual scientists Dilan and Aeleus seem plenty smart. Just listen to them in CoM and KH2. And as Hobbe pointed out Braig basically forced his way into the "apprenticeship".

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Cooking? Leadership skills maybe?
There is a possibility that everyone who works for Mr. The Wise are called apprentices. Like that's the job title or something.

I don't think it was every resident in Radient Garden. The five apprentices before Xehanort were most likely handpicked by Ansem himself. Even and Ienzo to be his apprentice scientists, and Braig, Aeleus, and Dilan to protect the castle as bodyguards.

My point is that if the three's sole duty was to protect the castle and nothing more, they shouldn't be considered apprentices since they're learning nothing from Ansem himself.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Ansem isn't a fighter, so they can't be apprentices in that field
Plus as for this^

The truth is we don't know of Ansem was a fighter or not. Just because he's an elderly and wise leader now doesn't mean he always was.

My point is that if the three's sole duty was to protect the castle and nothing more, they shouldn't be considered apprentices since they're learning nothing from Ansem himself.
But the fact that they are apprentices means that they have indeed learned or are learning things from him.
We just aren't sure what.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
To me, it doesn't look like they're learning anything from Ansem, they just work for him. Even Even seemed like he just does his own thing, he doesn't seem like a student. Ienzo seems more like an orphan he felt sorry for and took in.

Maybe they were just "apprentices" in the sense that he would pick one of them to rule after he died? I can't remember if Kairi was actually related to him, a foster daughter, or if that was all a lie--the facts change so often--to say if she would've had that role.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
This has me curious about something else actually, but were they referred to as "apprentices" in the original Japanese? I know the English translation takes some liberties, like Ansem the Wise is "Philosopher Ansem", Organization XIII is "The Thirteenth Order, and Keyblade Master Sora is "The Hero of the Keyblade" in Japanese (the latter of which causing some confusion).

Perhaps it's just a case of wonky translation.?

:?

Gram

Banned
Awards
This has me curious about something else actually, but were they referred to as "apprentices" in the original Japanese? I know the English translation takes some liberties, like Ansem the Wise is "Philosopher Ansem", Organization XIII is "The Thirteenth Order, and Keyblade Master Sora is "The Hero of the Keyblade" in Japanese (the latter of which causing some confusion).

I honestly wouldn't put that past them. Kh2 had several instances like that including the ones you mentioned. Even Roxas infamous line "why did it pick you?" wasn't a fully 100% accurate translation.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

Likely. Also possible they just went with a better sounding word (like, for all we know it's student in the Japanese version.)
I suppose, maybe we could ask Goldpanner about this?

XenonSovereign

The End Boss of KHInsider
I honestly wouldn't put that past them. Kh2 had several instances like that including the ones you mentioned. Even Roxas infamous line "why did it pick you?" wasn't a fully 100% accurate translation.

He said "why did he choose you," not 'it'.

Gram

Banned
Awards
He said "why did he choose you," not 'it'.

You miss understand. "It" is what he said in the original Japanese (or something close) in reference to the keyblade. The "he" part is the mistranslation/liberty the translators made.

XenonSovereign

The End Boss of KHInsider
You miss understand. "It" is what he said in the original Japanese (or something close) in reference to the keyblade. The "he" part is the mistranslation/liberty the translators made.

Perhaps Nomura had it changed? Because he was eventually questioned about who Roxas was referring to and Nomura responded with Axel. It wouldn't really make sense for him to ask why the Keyblade chose Sora.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Perhaps Nomura had it changed? Because he was eventually questioned about who Roxas was referring to and Nomura responded with Axel. It wouldn't really make sense for him to ask why the Keyblade chose Sora.

Nothing was changed because Roxas still asked the same question in the final mix version within the Japanese text and audio. And what Sora ponders is why he was chosen not by whom if I remember right.

Why wouldn't make sense? One of Roxas' reasons was to know why he had a keyblade. (as well as all the Xion drama)

Nomura would have reason to change as well since its been a fact since kh1 that Sora took Rikus keyblade. Sora has never been chosen by anyone, only the keyblade. The one chosen by a "he" was Riku who's keyblade Sora took for himself.

Samhain

Bronze Member
i don't know about you guys but they were probably all scientists

Just because Xaldin and Lex were big guys doesn't mean they were stupid. They were pretty smart. Xaldin was very intelligent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back