• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Well I guess that's it then...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Tyrant Raver

The Dragon
Awards
Hey all again. For those who have stuck with me, you may remember a few years back that I announced my "retirement" but not exactly. That was just retirement for the RP section.

But now, I think it's high time for me to just pack up and leave. Reason being, I just don't feel that fulfilled anymore in here. The creative sections aren't what they used to, they feel empty and lonely. I dragged on my works here for too long that it's a miracle that I still stuck around for as long as I did, but now---eh...

I guess I better address it now that English isn't my first language, but I have used this site and my experiences RP'ing to remedy it to an extent. And it's really depressing when your works just don't get recognized and just downright passed-by without a word.

In particular, I noticed most people with art and fanfic/creative writing threads with the most hits and comments only consisted with a closely-knit group of friends. And thank you KitKat for being the most open person in the forums who took her time reading and looking each thread in the creative section, bless your heart. But sadly, people move on, and there can never be another KitKat.

Numerous months poured unto one chapter or weeks trying to draw that ideal pose only to be buried in the second page, without so much as a whimper. Nobody will always share your enthusiasm, I get it. I couldn't tell if my works needed improvement or tweaks or improving because no one would bother to take a second look. I'm sorry if I'm beginning to be a bit rant-y over here but I digress...

Thank you to those who commented and even followed my works, those interactions meant a lot to me as an aspiring writer. I had so much more stories to share and continuation of Astonished / Amazed, but I fear this is not the best site to do it.

Again, thank you for those people who stuck by me since 2006. I think now it's time to move on.

Thank you all, and much love KHI...

KurtZisa / Tyrant Raver logging out.

Back