• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Welcome to the Galaxy! Sci-fi RP (Sign-ups, OOC and Worldbuilding)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eventua

About
"The year is 2098, by human standards. In 2081 an unmanned probe discovered the first signs of an alien civilisation, and after receiving guidance from a mysterious computer program that called itself 'Help' humanity found itself coming into contact with other sentient species from across the galaxy, as well as the development of new and remarkable technologies. It awaits to be seen how these events will ultimately affect the galaxy..."

----​

"Good day, ambassadors. Here at the Hub, it is hoped that the Peoples of the Inhabited Galaxy will enjoy their stay. In the past, the numerous Peoples lived seperately from one another, each primitively assuming that they were alone. Now, however, they see the truth. We of the Help will assist the Peoples in coming to understand each other: the Hub will serve as a central, neutral location from which these communications can be of assitance."

Okay, so, in a nutshell: I have been inspired by epic sci-fi like Mass Effect and Star Wars as well as my own sci-fi project, the Stellarum. The result?

This thread will serve as a sign-up, discussion and worldbuilding thread where-in members will work together to create a living, thriving galaxy that teems with sapient and sentient races as well as their numerous factions, business, organizations, technology and history.

Rules

You are free to join and 'add stuff' such as star systems, technology, races and factions, but please follow these rules:

1) Only add big stuff like sentient races or major factions if you're going to be detailed and stick with it. Don't add major stuff unless you plan to work on it and go in-depth with it. In addition, this is a collaborative effort, so if you have any awesome ideas that could fit in with a species of faction that someone else has made, feel free to suggest it. If possible, players may want to play as a distinct faction of a species someone else created, assuming the original creator doesn't mind and it fits in.
2) Try to make things original, and whatever you do please don't create rubber forehead aliens. A rubber forehead alien is best illustrated as 'most of the species in Star Trek' AKA an alien race that is physiologically identical to humans except for, say, pointy ears or a bulgy forehead or green skin. That said, if the species is actually an off-shoot of humanity or are the subjects of genetic engineering... well, you get the idea.
3) Try to make whatever you create detailed and multi-faceted. By this, I mean that you should bear in mind that even in the future humanity is unlikely to be united: humans have different cultures, nations, religions, philosophies and 'styles', so why would an alien race be any different?
4) Aside from the above, follow the standard sort of rules: avoid gratuitous sex, bloody violence or swearing. Essentially, try to keep things PG-13.
5) Spell and grammer proper like, tsk.
6) Don't godmod or try to control other player's creations unless you have their express permission.
7) I, as well as a handful of skilled RPers who may or may not join (such as Jezza, Ordeith, OmniChaos or the Professor), will reserve the right to kick irritating folks who repeatedly break the rules out of the RP.
8) You must read these rules: if you have and understand them, put 'The [insert your species name here] have arrived at the Hub'.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Major Species - Players
Human - All Players (species template will be posted later)
The Help - NPC (Eventua)

Last edited:

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
I'm still fully contemplating the culture and rough history of my particular 'species', a once desert-dwelling human variant, but I can assure you I'll have fuller details posted in the next few days. Just want to make sure it's known I'm interested in this~

Eventua

Interest! Hooray! :D

So, so far there seems to be the idea for two very human looking races (or perhaps seperate sub-species of humanity). Me thinks there might need to be some sort of collective backstory for mankind. Perhaps the Help (or some sort of precursor race) took a few early human tribes and placed them on other worlds, resulting in new adaptations and (ultimately) the rise of several human 'races'?

Speaking of humanity, I will create a simple template for 'earth humans'. If anyone wants to make suggestion regarding them, then that should be fine.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

MORE DETAILS TO BE ADDED LATER

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Jozi

Du-dun-dananana Calibrations!
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Taim

I'm interested in this rp but i don't want to come up with any large things like factions and race i mostly just want to play but we will see...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back