• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Weird things I notice with Resident Evil fanboys...

• Thread starter Deleted member 32967
  • Start date

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
D

Deleted member 32967

How come fanboys that love RE games fail to objectively see the RE2 remake as being a soulless cash crab, that butchered the splendor of the original?

Like, if you go on YouTube, GameFAQs, or some other shilling site, they seem to universally hate on the RE3 remake and act as if RE4 is so scary, when it's really not. Tons of negative reviews exist for the modern day RE3, with the odd more positive review. But the RE2 remake in my view, has just as much missing areas, creatures, and more, plus repeated movie scenes and boss fights. So, really. How come nobody notices this?

Besides that, people are clearly delusional. They don't seem to realize that Capcom keeps going back to Raccoon City because they are lost. Capcom were even threatened with lawsuits for ripping off people's work. Yet all of these new games with recycled assets aren't even creepy at all. In fact, Capcom lied by saying RE8 has more action oriented gameplay, as RE7 was "too scary" for players. But it's really because RE8 copied RE4, and RE4 is an action game that doesn't deny that it's not really survival horror. So all of this is just nonsense Capcom said to look good.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Besides that, people are clearly delusional. They don't seem to realize that Capcom keeps going back to Raccoon City because they are lost. Capcom were even threatened with lawsuits for ripping off people's work. Yet all of these new games with recycled assets aren't even creepy at all. In fact, Capcom lied by saying RE8 has more action oriented gameplay, as RE7 was "too scary" for players. But it's really because RE8 copied RE4, and RE4 is an action game that doesn't deny that it's not really survival horror. So all of this is just nonsense Capcom said to look good.
Yeesh, what do you classify the dollhouse section as then? RE8's thing was each section of it was a different sub-genre:

Village: Central area that you return to repeatedly, like in RE7.
Castle: Older, puzzle-heavy labyrinth style in an enclosed environment. Akin to RE1. Practically feels like a whole game by itself.
Dollhouse: The "We want all the nerds still butthurt about Silent Hills" style.
Reservoir: Set piece spectacle in the vein of RE5-6
Factory: Somewhat closer to being like the castle again but with the more advanced enemies due to being a late game. Similar to late game areas in RE1/2/3/4.

In a sense, VIIIage is like a tribute to the whole series.

D

Deleted member 32967

Personally, I would rather act like Village isn't a part of the franchise. LOL.

Some of the game's bosses are amongst the dumbest I've ever seen. I mean, a guy becoming a machine and a woman in a house with a living puppet is not really reminiscent of Resident Evil. Hardly has any correlation to the series either beyond one little mentioning of Spencer being a pupil of Miranda, near the end. But it feels like Capcom kind of forces things like that upon people, just to have some sort of link between titles. Because otherwise, nobody would think this was a sequel.

Chris Redfield was so off in this game, it wasn't even funny. They just wanted to have players assuming he was evil now, by having him act all quiet towards Ethan Winters. But I am glad they corrected his looks.

In RE7, they made him so different from RE6, etc, and people blamed the RE Engine. Although they soon had that proven wrong. :)

D

Deleted member 32967

I view RE4 as being a great action game. But if you put it next to 0, 2 or whatever, it hardly feels like they are connected. That they're remaking it, just shows Capcom is greedy. They're likely going to mess it up.

I think it's also overrated and it alienated so many people in 2005. It's polarising. Now on popular gaming forums, you'll generally see remarks indicating that people feel that "RE4 is the best one" in the series. This is another regularly used statement from these so-called hardcore, day 1 fans of the franchise. Yet then they go on to say the camera perspective sucks on the original PlayStation.

See, this is how you know they're the new blood, that started with 4, or 7, or the recent remakes. But any true fan doesn't mind the old controls, the camera angles, or the cheesy speech. Like, why should we care? Uh...

Back