• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Weird cutscene in KH1 related to BBS? quick question

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

animefreakzz

Okay, so maybe this can't be considered "weird" but still it needs some logical explanation. You'll have to pardon me if this has already been asked before somewhere else.
Okay, if you remember in KH1 there was a cutscene in hollow bastion (when you first enter), where Sora says he feels like he's been here before . Not just that, there is also another scene in Deep Jungle, Tarzan's world ,where he says a similar thing when he watches the slides (the slide with the picture of a castle on it). I wasn't paying too much into detail about the castle, but it looks alot like Hollow Bastion. How can this be as we know very well that in the story of KH1, Sora hasn't left his island before?
Is this somehow connected to the story that happened before KH1, the "Birth by sleep" story? I'd say most probably yes, but there has to be some kind of logical explanation to it. Help?

UrbanQuattrus

The reason Hollow Bastion looks familiar to Sora is because Kairi's heart is in him the first few times he sees the place, and some of her memories color his perceptions.

animefreakzz

That could be one of the reasons, the other one was, I thought Sora felt he has been there before because Ven and Terra have also been there. I'm just guessing. And although It is said that Kairi's memories are the ones that color his perceptions, somehow I don't think so cause Kairi did say she didn't remember where she came from.

Bryantjj

Nah, those feelings were definetly because of Kairi's Heart inside of Sora. Sure, what you're saying is possible, but to take one event from KH1 and put two reasons behind it seems a little bit far-fetched.

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥
Nah, those feelings were definetly because of Kairi's Heart inside of Sora. Sure, what you're saying is possible, but to take one event from KH1 and put two reasons behind it seems a little bit far-fetched.

He's right. And, besides I don't think Nomura thought that far ahead and already started with putting hints for a game that would come out six years later. >.>

(Although with Nomura everything is possible...)

But I think the reasoning with Kairi's heart is more probable.

Bh325

The most common explanation is that Kairi's heart inside Sora gave those feelings. And I'm going to go with that. It seems so likely and makes a lot sense.:toungesmile:

LightsFury

He's right. And, besides I don't think Nomura thought that far ahead and already started with putting hints for a game that would come out six years later. >.>

Nomura said in one of his interviews that he had the idea of BBS before KH1,

Crimson Jazz

You ain't got no YEEZY!?!
And although It is said that Kairi's memories are the ones that color his perceptions, somehow I don't think so cause Kairi did say she didn't remember where she came from.

She didn't remember but it was still dug deep within her memories. When her heart was there in Hallow Bastion and when it saw the picture of HB in Deep Jungle, her heart began digging up her memories of her birth-home.

Charlie K

Back in Business
Yeah..Ok, people you need to look into these things..seriously.Kairi's Heart in Sora, he remembered that Castle in HB because Kairi had been there before..

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
Old question is so old. We knew this back when KH1 came out. Kairi's was indeed reacting to her world of origin when Sora saw the Castle in DJ and when Sora visited HB.

~azure.requiem

「fukanou.wa.NANIMO. desu」
Awards
Website
azure-requiem.tumblr.com
Okay, so maybe this can't be considered "weird" but still it needs some logical explanation. You'll have to pardon me if this has already been asked before somewhere else.
Okay, if you remember in KH1 there was a cutscene in hollow bastion (when you first enter), where Sora says he feels like he's been here before . Not just that, there is also another scene in Deep Jungle, Tarzan's world ,where he says a similar thing when he watches the slides (the slide with the picture of a castle on it). I wasn't paying too much into detail about the castle, but it looks alot like Hollow Bastion. How can this be as we know very well that in the story of KH1, Sora hasn't left his island before?
Is this somehow connected to the story that happened before KH1, the "Birth by sleep" story? I'd say most probably yes, but there has to be some kind of logical explanation to it. Help?

~ do you remember later on in hollow bastion when sora had to release kairi's heart from his own? that's exactly why he had memories of hollow bastion; b/c kairi's heart was within his. sora did say that he's never left his island before. these memories of kairi's were probably burried deep w/in the recesses of her oldest thoughts and were uncovered upon her heart entering sora's. even though i disagree w/ you about sora leaving the island prior to kh, i do agree w/ you on that picture's connection to bbs. that picture seen in the tent looks like hollow bastion 10 yrs. ago before the darkness took over. i don't know exactly what the connection is, but it is evident that there is one.

LightsFury

My bad, I interpreted it the wrong way. I had read the question wrong.
sorry for the mistake

BetwiXt&Betw33nX

yeah...and the only reason the Slideshow pic of the Catsle in Deep Jungle sparked some memeory in SOra is becuz Kairs heart was inside of Sora (the Castle looked kinda like HB)

So.....Thats why....

N

*~NeoAdamus~*

yeah well now the answer has been replied more than a dozen times so i guess we can leave off with

NUFF SAID

Mr. Wilhelm

Also Sprach Zarathustra
Website
www.animus-sorrow.org
Like others said.

Though this thread made think, when we will replay KH1 after having played BBS and Coded, nothing will look like when we played it before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back