• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Weight problems

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawty

Awards
Hey guys,

I've been struggling with my weight for several years, I tend to lose weight very easily. I don't think that I'm unhealthy, it's just that I really want to gain some weight but nothing seems to help.
I'm 5.3 and I weigh 49kg (108 lbs).
I went to the doctor and she said that I need to keep on eating healthy (which I always do, I eat my fruit and veggies everyday). But I also snack a lot, and it seems that I can eat everything I want without gaining a single pound.
Anybody who is going through this as well, or if you have some advice, please tell me.

Thank you!

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
Yeah I have that same issue. My doctor told me I need more body fat and to eat more meat but it seems like no matter how much I eat it never sticks. My family keeps telling me it'll hit me eventually when I'm older but I'm not so sure, I've been skinny all my life :x

I'd also appreciate some advice if anyone has anyone.

J'adore

Website
www.unimaginablebastard.tumblr.com
I have the same issue, my metabolism is so fast that I digest food simply too quick for my brain or body to comprehend lol.
My doctor hasn't said much of it as I always seem to sit just on the borderline between healthy and underweight and never really change.
In british terms, I weigh exactly 8 stone which i'm not sure about in kg terms.

Don't worry about it for now I think, just keep up the healthy eating, we all seem to be around the same age so perhaps with time things will change. My grandad had the same issue and has always been quite skinny but his metabolism changed when in his 20's just as part of the natural part of growing up.

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
Well if you need to gain weight for medical reasons, for once I approve of weight issues. But Shawty, you're roughly the same size as my 15 yo sister, granted she does weigh more than you now. But to help actually gain the weight, I'd suggest eating things like more meat and potatoes. I guess you could call it carbo-loading. A personal favorite of mine for this is a hasbrown sandwich with plenty of ketchup. I only know this because I played American Football so I had to bulk up fast.

EDIT: Forgot to say this, but I might want to stick with red meats for the weight portion. They tend to have more fat than white meat.

Last edited:

Shawty

Awards
Don't worry about it for now I think, just keep up the healthy eating, we all seem to be around the same age so perhaps with time things will change. My grandad had the same issue and has always been quite skinny but his metabolism changed when in his 20's just as part of the natural part of growing up.

That's also what my mother tells me. She told me it'll hit me when I'm 21, and by that time I should wish I was as skinny as I am now. For some reason I don't really believe it, cause everyone in my family is pretty skinny. But I guess I will just have to wait and see right :)

But to help actually gain the weight, I'd suggest eating things like more meat and potatoes. I guess you could call it carbo-loading. A personal favorite of mine for this is a hasbrown sandwich with plenty of ketchup. I only know this because I played American Football so I had to bulk up fast.

That's exactly what I'm doing right now. I love me some meat haha!
Thanks for your advice :)

Shawty

Awards
Hahaha :) I will, thank you.
I'm looking forward to dinner. There's a nice steak waiting for me!

inasuma

i'm gonna be
Awards
Your mommy is right. I'm starting to gain a little weight at 21 and I've never had to worry about weight in my life before then. Though I guess if you're looking to gain some weight, raise your calorie intake. Not to any extreme levels but just enough to allow you gain weight. Do you exercise? You could always stop exercising as much (once a week as opposed to twice a week). I trained a lot in high school and once I stopped going as much I gained a bit of weight.

Good luck with it and now I want steak. ffffffff

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
My metabolism is slow, and i'm constantly shifting workouts and dieting schedules to boost it. The fact that i can barely keep myself lean is an amazing feat for me, but it definitely won't last once i start getting older. That's just how it is though...some people stay having a fast metabolism...and for others....it just slows down

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
Yeah I have that same issue. My doctor told me I need more body fat and to eat more meat but it seems like no matter how much I eat it never sticks. My family keeps telling me it'll hit me eventually when I'm older but I'm not so sure, I've been skinny all my life :x

This sounds alot like my situation. I'm 6"2 and used to weigh 160 and no matter how much I ate I was never able to put on weight. I finally gave up on trying and just started working out and doing my normal routine of sports I enjoy (basketball and football). Surprisingly enough I was able to put on some weight. I know weigh 172 but you even see the difference.

Shawty

Awards
Do you exercise? You could always stop exercising as much (once a week as opposed to twice a week). I trained a lot in high school and once I stopped going as much I gained a bit of weight.

No I don't. I've been thinking about doing kickbox or thaibox though.

stephaknee

Hakuna Matata
I was the same way. I didn't even reach 100 pounds (I'm 5'0) until I was 20. 21 now and I'm 110 (I also have a hormonal IUD, however). Exercising and protein will help :]

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar

Ha, try the GOMAD diet if you think your body can't put on weight. Lol.

I actually did that for a month. Man I was stupid/bored. Worked out 4x a week, did the diet, gained like 25 lbs., which was probably split between 4 lbs. of muscle weight, 15 lbs. of water weight, and 6 lbs. of fat. Water weight went away within a week, fat and muscle I guess is still there. Lols.

State

Awards
I presume this is a metabolism "issue". Although it may be possible to slow it while you grow older, it's also possible you retain that fat burning ability, since my father consumes a helluva lots of sweets and has a stable glucose level.

/edit

Also, it depends on the hormones inside your body that are reacting chemically.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
No I don't. I've been thinking about doing kickbox or thaibox though.

That is one way to gain weight. Exercise to build up muscles. Never really thought about it since my diet makes me build natural muscles.
nope.avi

exercising like that doesn't help you gain weight. a regime that's cardio intensive will increase your cardiovascular whatever the kupo and your rmr will increase. if you're going to do any sort of work out, it has to be lifting weights, because then you gain muscle mass which increases your overall weight. can't be gay as kupo baby weights too. kupo that shit. lift weights like superman or someshit.

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
Yea I got a fast metabolism as well, my parents said they had the same thing around my age so I think it deals somewhat with genetics even though my brother and sister dont have the same thing as me. I have been able to gain some weight over the years and now im about 120 lb. at 5'10'' height and working on building muscle since im taking weight class. My arms have definitely grown, not by a great amount but its more than they were a year ago, but my stomach area still looks like im anorexic which bothers me the most. Nothing I eat and these months of working out in school everyday havent really added anything to that area

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
I don't mean to insult, but I think you guys are blessed. I suffer from the complete opposite. I gain weight really easily but have a hard time losing it. To add insult to eating, I love to eat and can't say no to food. I'd love to eat like a Saiyan without the drawback of gaining 400 pounds.

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
as bad as it may sound, gaining weight easy is a pain, but somewhat of a necessity. In reality your body needs at least some fat, lol. In your case though, you just have to boost your metabolism, which means you have to lose energy in order for your body to actually burn the fat. At least do cardio to increase your stamina, and lift "heavy" weights because then your body will use up up a lot of energy repairing itself, and eating high protein foods helps burn twice as many calories (so will drinking green tea) and will require your body to use extra energy to digest, and metabolize the food. Drinking milk post-workout helps too

Awards
Website
sites.google.com
nope.avi

exercising like that doesn't help you gain weight. a regime that's cardio intensive will increase your cardiovascular whatever the kupo and your rmr will increase. if you're going to do any sort of work out, it has to be lifting weights, because then you gain muscle mass which increases your overall weight. can't be gay as kupo baby weights too. kupo that shit. lift weights like superman or someshit.

oats n squats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back