• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Weekly Fami showcases Dream Drop Distance HD and χ Back Cover

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Just like Dengeki Online, Weekly Famitsu have released the latest edition of their magazine with another feature on Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue. This time the focus is mainly on Dream Drop Distance HD, as well as Kingdom Hearts χ [chi] Back Cover.

Remember to view the images in their full size in a new tab!

We have the Back Cover translations available for you now, thanks to Saken:

-By doubt, the crumbling of balance-

KINGDOM HEARTS X BACK COVER
Set in the series' oldest era, Kingdom Hearts X Back Cover is a completely new animated film which sheds light on the events that occurred on the flip side during the course of both Kingdom Hearts X for the PC and Kingdom Hearts Unchained X for smartphones. This time, taking the leading role are the Foretellers, who gather Keyblade Wielders in order to form and lead "Unions". Depicting the conflict, as well as a small part of the world's mystery, this title becomes must-see content!

The Master of Masters
The master of the Foretellers, he bestowed upon them the Book of Prophecies. His manner of speech and movements are erratic, so nobody knows what he's actually thinking.

*The Master of Masters has eyes that can see into the future, and with that power he created the Book of Prophecies. He gave this to 5 among the 6 of his apprentices.*
-Screenshot: MoM: "Even though there is a traitor, keep a level head"-

Ava
Vulpis Union's leader. Being close in age to the Keyblade Wielders, she feels a sense of companionship among them.
-Screenshot: Ava: "I want to protect the Master's teaching."-

Aced
Ursus Union's leader. Obsessed with power, he will try by all means to protect his idea of justice.
-Screenshot: Aced: "If that's the case, then what about you!"-

*All of the Foretellers are Keyblade Wielders. In Sora'a current era, the Keyblade is a legendary weapon that only the chosen may wield.*

Gula
Leopardus Union's Leader. An individualist, he doesn't cooperate in a team very well. An uncharacteristic calmness sometimes peeks out of him.
-Screenshot: "Huh? That's a page from the Book of Prophecies, right?"-

Ira
Unicornis Union'a Leader. Approaches everything reliably with care and soundness. Here and there he is mocked for being too upright. 

Invi
Anguis Union's Leader. Thinks very highly of herself and trusts the Master of Masters wholeheartedly.
-Screenshot: Invi, with back turned to Ava: "Ridiculous."- (t/n this is the exact same line that is given to the Illustrated Aqua medal in the Japanese KHUX. She also used this before the Malificent fight in BBS.)

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Unchained X, Kingdom Hearts 3, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue and all things Kingdom Hearts

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Re: Weekly Fami showcases Dream Drop Distance HD and ? Back Cover

okay that gula scene in the picture maybe the scene when he talking to player and skuld

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I really wish they pulled the camera back in DDD HD. It looks extremely close to Sora and Riku during gameplay.

faemarch

Ansem's Apprentice
Awards

okay that gula scene in the picture maybe the scene when he talking to player and skuld
Maybe, it's a bit hard to tell what the subtitles are saying but they don't seem to match up with any of the lines said in that scene.
It's still possible, though, (I wanna see Skuld too!).

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

Maybe, it's a bit hard to tell what the subtitles are saying but they don't seem to match up with any of the lines said in that scene.
It's still possible, though, (I wanna see Skuld too!).
i know right skuld is cool she our stella in a differnt form but looking at the sence again he was the other place and this scene seem to be insde the tower hence the gear behind him

Muke

whatever
Awards

I really wish they pulled the camera back in DDD HD. It looks extremely close to Sora and Riku during gameplay.
Wait, they didn't pull it back? I thought they learned from their BBS (2.5) mistake... :S

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Wait, they didn't pull it back? I thought they learned from their BBS (2.5) mistake... :S
These screens tell me that the camera is right up against them, which will be annoying on a big TV.

BvVOtX2.png

JtrZABE.png

Muke

whatever
Awards

These screens tell me that the camera is right up against them, which will be annoying on a big TV.

BvVOtX2.png

JtrZABE.png
Ugghh, I was really happy when the trailers came out, since it looked to me like they did pull it back.
Well… at least I hope they reduced the character speed..

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Re: Weekly Fami showcases Dream Drop Distance HD and X Back Cover

*sees cathedral scene with Vanitas*
*randomly faints*
Can this be released already

Muke

whatever
Awards

*sees cathedral scene with Vanitas*
*randomly faints*
Can this be released already
But can they first learn to pull the camera back? ;~;

Like, they've put so much work into this game to make it feel like a console game and I feel like not pulling it back kind of destroys the game experience.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards

BvVOtX2.png

JtrZABE.png

Oh no, that does look pretty bad. DDD had lots of camera problems and I was sure they were aware of it and would fix it for the HD release...

Caxinuld

Awards

Well, now I know that I can skip over the remake, what's the point of playing it if you're so zoomed in you can barely see anything around the character?

Muke

whatever
Awards

Well, now I know that I can skip over the remake, what's the point of playing it if you're so zoomed in you can barely see anything around the character?
1) if you never played DDD
2) to just get the awesome experiencr
3) to try and understand the story better
4) trophies
5) it's KH

Some examples as to why people would want to.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

1) if you never played DDD
2) to just get the awesome experiencr
3) to try and understand the story better
4) trophies
5) it's KH

Some examples as to why people would want to.

6) PS4 can take screenshots. ;P

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

Hopefully, there's a camera option to shift the distance of the camera. The video footage of DDDHD and these screenshots show drastically different results.

[video=youtube;aAASSC_4iCQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAASSC_4iCQ[/video]

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards

Hopefully, there's a camera option to shift the distance of the camera. The video footage of DDDHD and these screenshots show drastically different results.

That's possible, let's hope so. It could be they zoomed in so that we can see the characters better in these shots, but it's still worrying.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards

Don't count on it, since there was no such thing in BBS HD.

Hirokey123

Awards

Looking at the screenshots DDD's camera wasn't even that close so I think they just zoomed in for the screen shots.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Gotta love how the descriptions of the Foreteller's personalities in the translation match at least partly the behaviour of their sigil animals:

Ava
Vulpis Union's leader. Being close in age to the Keyblade Wielders, she feels a sense of companionship among them.
Most species of foxes tend to live in small family groups rather than alone, so Ava feeling a sense of companionship fits quite well.

Aced
Ursus Union's leader. Obsessed with power, he will try by all means to protect his idea of justice.
Bears are among the most physically powerful animals on the planet, often said to be stubborn and direct.
Funnily there exists actually a bear subspecies called the "sloth bear" and considering the meaning of Aced's name...

Gula
Leopardus Union's Leader. An individualist, he doesn't cooperate in a team very well. An uncharacteristic calmness sometimes peeks out of him.
Spot on as Leopards are known for being solitary animals who like to avoid bigger groups and tend to be rather calm instead of aggressive.

Ira
Unicornis Union'a Leader. Approaches everything reliably with care and soundness. Here and there he is mocked for being too upright.
The Unicorn is often described as a symbol of purity, grace and righteousness which can be reliably tamed with the help/employment of a virgin.

Invi
Anguis Union's Leader. Thinks very highly of herself and trusts the Master of Masters wholeheartedly.
The snake, or more specific, the nile cobra, was a symbol of the egyptian pharaohs and actually adorned their crowns, so Invi thinking "highly of herself" actually fits that imagery.
There's also the descriptive term of a "smug snake" for someone who's very full of themselves.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

Reading the profiles of the Foretellers and the stuff that Sephy pointed out, it makes me even even more curious to see how the Foretellers will interact in Back Cover. Things are going to be exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back