• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

We'd Like To Know What You Want!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
We should have currency. Yeah, we buy avatars, signatures other little things like that, sell things, it could be a fun distraction, or a twisted way to pass time.

blueheart

Bronze Member
That'd be a good use of it. I still think it would be more of a negative than a positive. Somebody is bound to say "How come nobody has liked my comment?" and "Why does their comment have over 20 likes and all it says is "word"?"

This is, or was, why we have the award system. It was a way to reward people for their creativity, skills, and knowledge.

What's this? I've never heard of it.

Maybe "like" buttons only work in places like Youtube and Facebook, where everything, or most, things are random and simple, where people don't put much effort into their posts to be judged, or care how it's judged. Instead of here where people put more effort into their humor, ideas, and theories.

Like I said, nvm. Change subject.

KHBen

We should have currency. Yeah, we buy avatars, signatures other little things like that, sell things, it could be a fun distraction, or a twisted way to pass time.
0.o
As cool as an idea it might be, It might be a distraction from KH... defiantly a twisted way to pass time....XD

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
A mobile skin, in which every avatar is a universal, small size, post-bits are all but gone, signatures are invisible, and the text editor is non-WYSIWYG. Even just basic functionality like viewing threads, and making and editing posts.

211kqe0.png

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Maybe "like" buttons only work in places like Youtube and Facebook, where everything, or most, things are random and simple, where people don't put much effort into their posts to be judged, or care how it's judged. Instead of here where people put more effort into their humor, ideas, and theories.

Yeah, an award system is basically for those who have remarkable talent, who get a trophy under their avatar. Few people get them.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

We had currency for Triple Triad but the game died out. :\

Also, I don't think if we have enough graphics for something like that.

Yeah! At the top of the forums there is an "Awards" tab. You haven't noticed that before?

Like people above me have said, I think it would be really good to have more Disney news and a Disney forum. I love the idea of KH merchandise being apart of the site. I really liked the idea of the KH Holiday Contest, even though I didn't get to submit anything!(was busy). I think you should continue having contests and fan based stuff.

PS. Keep up the good work!

Yes! People have the same thoughts as I did! I'm glad there are more people wanting a Disney subforum, or just information on it in general <3

I want to ask another question:

What kind of contests would you like? How do you want them to be structured?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I'm the opposite. As someone who was born without any art talent, though still managing to get an "A" from art, I find myself a bit sad with a lot of the contests being about art, and digital media. I'm not sure what other contests you guys could have but for now, it's just something to consider for the uh... less art-y people of the site.

KHBen

Yes! People have the same thoughts as I did! I'm glad there are more people wanting a Disney subforum, or just information on it in general <3
Disney is a huge part of KH, im surprised we don't have one already! What type of information would we have in the Disney Subforum?

Maybe you could do monthly contests where you give a topic and we have to make something representing how we feel about the topic? Like the Holiday Contest but instead of Christmas, you could have different subjects.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
The only thing that I can think of that I feel like I could even compete in is a creative writing contest.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
We had currency for Triple Triad but the game died out. :\

Also, I don't think if we have enough graphics for something like that.

Yeah! At the top of the forums there is an "Awards" tab. You haven't noticed that before?

I was also talking about graphics between members.

More Content Writing and Song Compositon, please. I don't know how they could be structered better, either.

wonderIf

Hey I know the task would be pretty tedious, but it would be really awesome if you had a place on your site dedicated solely to final mixes. I live in N. America, but I'm a big fan of kingdom hearts and don't want to miss anything from the series. A final mix place where I could see every feature, extended cut scene, or whatever else that I missed would be cool. If you already have the final mix stuff on your site, could you make it easier to find?

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Hey I know the task would be pretty tedious, but it would be really awesome if you had a place on your site dedicated solely to final mixes. I live in N. America, but I'm a big fan of kingdom hearts and don't want to miss anything from the series. A final mix place where I could see every feature, extended cut scene, or whatever else that I missed would be cool. If you already have the final mix stuff on your site, could you make it easier to find?

we don't really focus on content like that anymore

doesn't get us views, sadly, and the kh wiki and similar databases will be a better source for that kind of content than we will ever be

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I was also talking about graphics between members.

More Content Writing and Song Compositon, please. I don't know how they could be structered better, either.

The one thing we're worried about is overwhelming the members with so much creative media (as we've been holding many events involving that lately) that they get sick of it all and don't want anything to do with it. We'd really appreciate you guys telling us how you'd feel if we did hold a monthly activity like that, or if it's too much, how large of a gap would you like between each one?

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
This is, or was, why we have the award system. It was a way to reward people for their creativity, skills, and knowledge.

How do you get these "awards"? I did the "Recommend Award" option under the Awards section and it said it couldn't go through and to contact an administrator. So I contacted an administrator about it and asked about the "News Hound" award and never got a response :( I did make it to the front page last year I think in July about KH merchandise so I'm not sure how else to even try to get it...

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
How do you get these "awards"? I did the "Recommend Award" option under the Awards section and it said it couldn't go through and to contact an administrator. So I contacted an administrator about it and asked about the "News Hound" award and never got a response :( I did make it to the front page last year I think in July about KH merchandise so I'm not sure how else to even try to get it...

I thought the awards system was broken? But keep in mind that admins are very busy so they might not have noticed your PM or however you contacted them.

KHBen

The one thing we're worried about is overwhelming the members with so much creative media (as we've been holding many events involving that lately) that they get sick of it all and don't want anything to do with it. We'd really appreciate you guys telling us how you'd feel if we did hold a monthly activity like that, or if it's too much, how large of a gap would you like between each one?
I would love having more competitions. It would be really good to have lots of people involved. The competition has to be thought out, so it can't be too regularly. Maybe one of the topics could be " Organisation XIII" or TVA?. That's what I would really like. I like the idea of having a range of things to choose from. eg, Digital Media, Creative Writing, Song Composition, it means more people can involved and do what they want to do. I'm fine with any gap as long as I don't feel rushed submitting my work or get bored waiting for the next competition.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards

I love competitions like this. I would not mind having one every month or two with a specific KH-related category. It might get messy having one every month because those competitions can get drawn out in some circumstances. If this was done it might have to be an every two months thing. It would still be fun to have.

Back