• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

We don't have a sports section

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Ysu

Formerly Kown as..
Website
www.myspace.com
We don't have a sports section! o.0

For some reason I thought we did and was going to post about the World Cup in that imaginary section, then I realized, we dont' have one! >.<

So I guess this topic is to request a sports section under Discussion. We have a section for nearly everything else (even fanclubs . . . who thought of that one?) so why not have a section to discuss sports?

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
Yeah, I always assumed sports was a sub forum in "Discussion."

Yeah hopefully a mod sees this thread and may take it into consideration.

C4strife

Gee Gee Gee Gee Gee
Awards
Website
www.boajjang.com
I honestly don't think there should be a section for sports.

Most sport related topics are probably going to be about "favorite" teams and that can be put in the "Your Favorite.. " section.
The "debate" section is for debating on topics concerning sports as well ("Have debates in here on any topic from the sports world to politics. ")

If there were more threads on sports I think it would be a good idea to have a section for them but for now I don't really see that many of them. I would just post in the General Discussion area for now.

PS: the fan-club section was created because... well there were just lots and lots of fanclubs.

Ysu

Formerly Kown as..
Website
www.myspace.com
C4strife said:
Most sport related topics are probably going to be about "favorite" teams and that can be put in the "Your Favorite.. " section.

So? Topics about favorites dealing with KH2 are left in the KH2 section so why shouldn't we have a section deidcated to sports just for that reason?

C4strife said:
The "debate" section is for debating on topics concerning sports as well ("Have debates in here on any topic from the sports world to politics. ")

The debate section is a joke. Theres nothing political in there, just spamful garbage or vs threads.

C4strife said:
If there were more threads on sports I think it would be a good idea to have a section for them but for now I don't really see that many of them. I would just post in the General Discussion area for now.

There isn't many of them because theres no where to put them. General discussion is often overlooked and doesn't have many replies in its threads.

C4strife said:
PS: the fan-club section was created because... well there were just lots and lots of fanclubs.

Because the fanclubs were giving people more posts through spam, therefore it was moved to where those posts didn't count.

Why would anyone be againts a sports section? Theres no harm in creating one.

Faith Crest

Worst birthday ever.
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Well, l4t1n0pr1d3 is right! The World Cup starts on Friday and there should be a sports section. This is one of the biggest sports events ever! Lots of people will want to debate and talk about this. There is a Religion subforum in the Discussion forum. Why not sport as well?

Ysu

Formerly Kown as..
Website
www.myspace.com
The World Cup is THE biggest sportings event in the world. Without a sports section, we'll have to discuss it everywhere else but there.

And yes, our KHI newspaper must be complete ^_^

Faith Crest

Worst birthday ever.
Website
www.fanfiction.net
l4t1n0pr1d3 said:
The World Cup is THE biggest sportings event in the world. Without a sports section, we'll have to discuss it everywhere else but there.

And yes, our KHI newspaper must be complete ^_^
Yes! That's right! Where would we discuss it? Forum Insanity and that's the worst place to talk about it because people wouldn't take it seriously.

Banishing Blade

Iron Tomato
Awards
I really don't see a need to make a Sports subforum. There just aren't enough threads related directly to sports.

"But the World Cup is coming!" I know. I am a football fan. Doesn't mean that we need a whole new section just for one sporting event, no matter the size.

If the threads in General Discussion generally get overlooked and not posted in, it could be because nobody likes the threads. I highly doubt a Sports section would make a whole lot of a difference than if the thread was in the General Discussion forum.

Fanclubs were always in Forum Insanity, so the posts in there never did count. They got their own sub-section because there were enough to fill up the first page and a half of FI.

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
I think that conversation about sports will only flourish, in the presence of major tournaments, such as the World Cup, Olympics etc.
It wouldn't hurt having a sports sub-forum, but I think it would be rather dead for the majority of the time. General discussion is fine at the moment, it means everyone can post there as well.

Faith Crest

Worst birthday ever.
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Ah, but there are sporting events still going on that aren't major. Take cricket for example. And the football. The Premiership will be back on when the World Cup is over! Where am I going to discuss that one? And that is on for a looooong time.

Zero Cerberus

\\'arrior Lacrosse.
Awards
I'm actually with Banishing Blade on this one, sure, I love sports, and i'd like a subforum for it, but there just aren't enough topics about sports to make a subforum for it. Just put it in Discussion or whatever it is. For the world cup, maybe we could just maybe have a discussion thread for it, no?

Faith Crest

Worst birthday ever.
Website
www.fanfiction.net
-WhiteFalcon- said:
I'm actually with Banishing Blade on this one, sure, I love sports, and i'd like a subforum for it, but there just aren't enough topics about sports to make a subforum for it. Just put it in Discussion or whatever it is. For the world cup, maybe we could just maybe have a discussion thread for it, no?
You know, a temporary discussion thread wouldn't be bad. But WHERE will it go?

Back