• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ways of getting a Keyblade

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luxu

Awards
This thread was made for reasons.

Basically, what are some ways you think are ways to get a Keyblade? And most importantly of all! Do they just vanish from the Keyblade Graveyard randomly whenever someone gets one?

Muke

whatever
Awards
There isn't really a "way to get Keyblades", since the Keyblade itself chooses it's wielder. You can't really affect anything, unless you are performing a Ceremony (which basically works as "Hey Keyblade, check this fellow out. He might have potential").

I don't really know what you mean by "Do they just vanish from the Keyblade Graveyard randomly whenever someone gets one"?

Luxu

Awards
There isn't really a "way to get Keyblades", since the Keyblade itself chooses it's wielder. You can't really affect anything, unless you are performing a Ceremony (which basically works as "Hey Keyblade, check this fellow out. He might have potential").
"Hey! Starlight 3rd Form!"
"Yeah Moogle of Glory?"
"Check this kid out!"
Seriously, can we just think for a second that Keyblades just talk about who is going to be their user?

I don't really know what you mean by "Do they just vanish from the Keyblade Graveyard randomly whenever someone gets one"?
It was a joke, but the Keyblade Graveyard is our only known source of Keyblades. But it bares the question, if someone somehow found a way to the Graveyard. Could they just claim one of those Keyblades? As no one is using them?

Muke

whatever
Awards
It was a joke, but the Keyblade Graveyard is our only known source of Keyblades. But it bares the question, if someone somehow found a way to the Graveyard. Could they just claim one of those Keyblades? As no one is using them?
That actually is a very good question!

Well, the Keyblades there are just those of fallen wielders (as we have seen in x's ending).

And yes, I know that there are Keyblades that weren't even in X, but let's just pretend they were… lol

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I don't know about the Keyblade Graveyard. While the idea of being used for nowadays Keybladers intrigues me, Xehanort did say they are lifeless keys devoid of power.

You can get a Keyblade by inheriting one, by forging one (for those who know how) and by awakening in you the gift to wield one (at least I think this is different than inheritance, for example Xehanort and the infamous Keyblade).
Then we have Roxas, Xion, Data-Sora. Roxas was deeply tied to Ventus, so that's that. Xion's was a scam, we'll see how it develops from there. Data-Sora just... I don't know, his heart became so powerful he was granted one?

Then there's Lea who basically underwent Hyperbolic Time Chamber to get one (because him having a Ceremony with Mickey was too easy... Nomura, why did you create the Ceremony if you're not going to use it?)

Last edited:

Muke

whatever
Awards
DarkosOverlord said:
I don't know about the Keyblade Graveyard. While the idea of being used for nowadays Keybladers intrigues me, Xehanort did say they are lifeless keys devoid of power.
You can get a Keyblade by inheriting one, by forging one (for those who know how) and by awakening in you the gift to wield one (at least I think this is different than inheritance, for example Xehanort and the infamous Keyblade).
Then we have Roxas, Xion, Data-Sora. Roxas was deeply tied to Ventus, so that's that. Xion's was a scam, we'll see how it develops from there. Data-Sora just... I don't know, his heart became so powerful he was granted one?

Then there's Lea who basically underwent Hyperbolic Time Chamber to get one (because him having a Ceremony with Mickey was too easy... Nomura, why did you create the Ceremony if you're not going to use it?)
Either Yen Sid or Mickey did a Ceremony on Lea, then he trained in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber ala DBZ.

Last edited:
Awards
It was because of his connection to Sora that Roxas can wield both Sora's and Ventus's Keyblades

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
I think it's safe to say that based on what we know so far, there's no definite way to get one. It depends on the situation and what the keyblade feels like, in a way. But I guess it's possible that in the future Nomura would introduce some system that explains the way it happens, and why these different methods work the way they do. It's probably better left as it is though, it might just confuse things even more.

It's a good question though, where does the keyblade come from the first time a new wielder awakens, if they're not given one. Or maybe they always need to be given one, I guess we could assume that Mickey/Yen Sid gave Lea his. Hard to say anything about Unchained since we don't even fully know how that world works and how real everything is. Data Sora wasn't given one, but maybe there was data about the real Sora's keyblade in the journal or something?

Muke

whatever
Awards
Data Sora wasn't given one, but maybe there was data about the real Sora's keyblade in the journal or something?
IIRC his first Keyblade was made out of Data, which is why Maleficent was able to destroy it so easily.
Then he got his very own KK because he proved how strong his heart was.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Exactly.
Data-Sora actually surpasses his original in some ways. He actually gets a real Keyblade to call his own, and through the power of cheats (I love that they're actually cheats in the plot as well) he becomes incredibly powerful, enough to take on Roxas (and he was still in KH1 Sora state)

Hirokey123

Awards
It's not a real keyblade Nomura said in the interviews it's still just a data copy. When Data Sora gained was a heart and a power that let him manipulate the system to recreate his keyblade from inside the computer. It's still a fake, nothing changed in its regard, but Data Sora has real power now because he changed and that's the difference. Though as soon as Data Sora becomes to weak the keyblade will despawn much like Xion in that regard, his power is what creates that data blade.

In fact it's very symbolic that Coded only has a single new keyblade whose abilities allow Data Sora to basically cheat the system. Which is an awesome blade and I really wish we got something like that in the real world. It's fun being able to combo enemies half way across the screen without actually even so much as touching then physically.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Yes.

Sora, too.

Not really. It's not his own, it was Riku's and then an inheritance from Ventus.

Just like Sora, yes.

No, not like KH1 Sora, his original.
I doubt he could've best Roxas one on one.
Heck, even the "main story" of Coded, Data-Sora confronts enemies that Sora originally defeated with his friends.

It's not a real keyblade Nomura said in the interviews it's still just a data copy. When Data Sora gained was a heart and a power that let him manipulate the system to recreate his keyblade from inside the computer.

That REALLY clashes with Mickey claiming that that Keyblade is tightly connected to his heart and surpassed the system.

It's still a fake, nothing changed in its regard, but Data Sora has real power now because he changed and that's the difference.
That's... kinda like having an actual Keyblade, actually. You change, your heart becomes strong, you're able to draw one.
I mean, we can call it fake, but it's basically just an empty word now.

Though as soon as Data Sora becomes to weak the keyblade will despawn much like Xion in that regard, his power is what creates that data blade.

Again, not much different from real ones. Roxas despawn his too as soon as Sora strikes him down.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Not really. It's not his own, it was Riku's and then an inheritance from Ventus.
Yes, it is his own. Have you even played KH1 (and the rest of the series)? The Keyblade chose him over Riku -> it belongs to Sora now. And no, it was not an inheritance from Ventus.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
If Sora's keyblade came from Ventus, then where would the second one during dual-wielding come from?

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Yes, it is his own. Have you even played KH1 (and the rest of the series)? The Keyblade chose him over Riku -> it belongs to Sora now. And no, it was not an inheritance from Ventus.

For 14 years and I'm actually a KH1 speedrunner, so yes.

Also, no. Have you even played DDD? The Keyblade did not choose Sora. It was a coincidence. Sora is a normal boy, not even a chosen one.
"Chose him over Riku" it's a really twisted way of putting it. The Keyblade was meant for Riku, but he lost his right to wield it due to the Darkness and Ansem's interference. Sora just happened to be the closest guy around, and I'm pretty sure Ventus' presence really helped the Keyblade's decision. We say that now is it's own, but I still count it as a borrowed power. Sora was able due to his heart growing and Ventus influence (what I referred to as inheritance) to keep an hold of that, but that's still something that did not exist for him in the first place.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
obv from roxas duuuh

You know, there's really no need to act like this, dude. Very immature of you.

I said "it was Riku's and then an inheritance from Ventus."
Then. I never claimed it to be Ventus only. Then I specified in the last comment that it was not really an inheritance, that was a poor choice of words on my part, but more the influence.
As Nomura stated, the second Keyblade Sora wields in Forms is due to Ventus, too. His being there definitely play some role in all of this.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Fand I'm pretty sure Ventus' presence really helped the Keyblade's decision. We say that now is it's own, but I still count it as a borrowed power. Sora was able due to his heart growing and Ventus influence (what I referred to as inheritance) to keep an hold of that, but that's still something that did not exist for him in the first place.

Nope. Nomura's confirmed that Sora didn't inherit anything, Sora getting the Keyblade was a fluke-turned-choice.

That's why Sora's so special, he wasn't chosen and there wasn't an outside influence. Ven's heart remained in a total stasis until Xion's death in 358/2 Days.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
obv from roxas duuuh

OF COURSE *slaps forhead* How could I possibly have been so blind?!?!

Back to keyblade:
Sora's heart saved Ventus from dying when it was just yet BORN and then again four years later when he was just a small boy. That's how strong the light inside his heart is and how special Sora is overall. It's kinda disappointing to see people depreciating that so much. It's not like the keyblade chose him because "nah, no other options". It could've chosen no one then, but it thought Sora was worty of wielding it, or more so than Riku at that point.

As Nomura stated, the second Keyblade Sora wields in Forms is due to Ventus, too. His being there definitely play some role in all of this.

Not "too".
The second keyblade is basically Ventus's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back