• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Way to Dawn (Early game spoliers....maybe)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oathkeeper

Website
s6.invisionfree.com
I say maybe bc we all know from trailers and renders that Riku has a new car key.

But yes, Way to Dawn breaks
Spoiler Spoiler Show

What I want to know is.....how?

From what I understand, this is the only mention (apart from the half-formed x-blade) of a keyblade actually breaking. How does Aqua, who stayed in the realm of darkness for 10+ years, still have a keyblade when you play 0.2, but Riku and Mickey, who jumped in there for maybe a few hours have theirs broken? (I say theirs bc the journal implied both of theirs were damaged/broken)

The first time Riku was down there, I don't even think he had a keyblade yet, it was still the Soul Eater. How did he survive? It just seems a little anti-climatic.....I mean, no other boss/tough guy put a scratch on your keyblade....Are they trying to say that every other boss/secret boss/xehanort is weaker than the keyblade-breaking thing? If they went head to head, would the
Spoiler Spoiler Show
win?

Anyways, rant over. I could very well just be missing info from previous games or they could explain it later on. Still love the game, its amazingly beautiful, I'm just confused x.x

Veevee

Awards
Honestly, I think Nomura just wanted Riku to have a new keyblade to show his character evolution from KH2 to 3. I was also kinda shocked that both Riku and Mickey kinda .. appeared in the RoD and after that incident, just walked back to a certain place to regroup. We are talking about the RoD here, Aqua is trapped there for over 10 years now because you can't just go in and out there to level up your gear. I really hope this is getting expanded on further in the game, otherwise it's pretty disappointing to me.

Oathkeeper

Website
s6.invisionfree.com
I was also kinda shocked that both Riku and Mickey kinda .. appeared in the RoD and after that incident, just walked back to a certain place to regroup. We are talking about the RoD here, Aqua is trapped there for over 10 years now because you can't just go in and out there to level up your gear. I really hope this is getting expanded on further in the game, otherwise it's pretty disappointing to me.

Yeah, that's confusing too. Now they just dart in and out of there like its a library. What are they using that Aqua wouldn't have?

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Honestly, I think Nomura just wanted Riku to have a new keyblade to show his character evolution from KH2 to 3. I was also kinda shocked that both Riku and Mickey kinda .. appeared in the RoD and after that incident, just walked back to a certain place to regroup. We are talking about the RoD here, Aqua is trapped there for over 10 years now because you can't just go in and out there to level up your gear. I really hope this is getting expanded on further in the game, otherwise it's pretty disappointing to me.

The answer to this is extremely weird actually.

How Riku and Mickey can apparently get into and out of the dark realm so easily is that Mickey's Keyblade is a Keyblade of darkness. Literally lets him walk in and out whenever. And it only gets damaged (hence why he just changes it's appearance later) whereas Riku's is broken. They also explain that the Heartless, even the weak ones, are way stronger in the realm of darkness.

Also, Aqua apparently lost her Keyblade at the end of 0.2. She wandered without it until she met Ansem the Wise.

All in all kinda dumb.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
Yeah, that's confusing too. Now they just dart in and out of there like its a library. What are they using that Aqua wouldn't have?

This is true. We're told that CoD (Corridors of Darkness) that lead to the RoD are extremely rare, and only appear under very specific conditions (ones they couldn't have possibly repruduced themselves unless they're actively destroying worlds). Furthermore, it's stated those gateways only open in worlds located in the Realm Between, and not once do we see or get any mention of them going there. It was also established Riku could no longer use Dark Corridors, so I dunno.

How Riku and Mickey can apparently get into and out of the dark realm so easily is that Mickey's Keyblade is a Keyblade of darkness. Literally lets him walk in and out whenever. And it only gets damaged (hence why he just changes it's appearance later) whereas Riku's is broken. They also explain that the Heartless, even the weak ones, are way stronger in the realm of darkness.

Also, Aqua apparently lost her Keyblade at the end of 0.2. She wandered without it until she met Ansem the Wise.

All in all kinda dumb.

But Mickey had that key ever since KH1. Are you saying he could've used that to go in and out of the Realm of Darkness as easily as he does in this game for THAT long? It took them no time at ALL to get to that beach, and this was supposedly Mickey's first attempt ever to reach her, so I don't know how to feel about that. And honestly, Aqua losing her Keyblade is never even explained if I remember, and no scenario I can think of makes sense. The whole thing, like you said, just feels kinda dumb. Like the writers just wanted to artificially create drama by having the characters arrive at the [B]exact[/B] place we left her while padding out her suffering till later down the line when they feel like getting to it.

Last edited:

Veevee

Awards

All in all kinda dumb.

And why exactly didn't they do this way further? Heck, in that case, Micky could've closed the door in KH1, walked to her and walked out with her without a problem.

EDIT: I didn't mean to sound annoyed or something; that plot point just really bothers me since 2.8 and makes Micky look like one giant jerk.

Last edited:

Noivern

Awards

They state in the game that Mickey is the one who knows how to get there, and we know that he was in the Realm of Darkness in KH1 looking for a Keyblade of that side to lock the Door of Darkness like he did in KH1. The Kingdom Key D (or Starlight, I think that's how it's called in KH3? Not sure) is essentially the RoD equivalent to the Kingdom Key. I always assumed that because of that, it allowed him freedom to go back in there.

As for the Keyblade breaking thingy:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
And why exactly didn't they do this way further? Heck, in that case, Micky could've closed the door in KH1, walked to her and walked out with her without a problem.

EDIT: I didn't mean to sound annoyed or something; that plot point just really bothers me since 2.8 and makes Micky look like one giant jerk.

Yen Sid told him to keep it a secret because apparently they thought Sora and Riku weren't ready. If they found out they'd get Mickey to let them in, and risk themselves to do it.

Still makes Mickey look like an idiot though.

OneDandelion

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
My thoughts on the Way to the Dawn breaking: after DDD Riku no longer walks the path in between. Riku is of the Light now, his heart not wavering to Darkness. The blade breaks because it's no longer his Keyblade. I have no good thoughts on Mickey's being damaged yet, though. Perhaps Master Keeper only held up as long as it did because of how special it is (locking LoD as CO) and all Keyblades are susceptible there, but it's a Keyblade of the RoD so it seems silly. It seemed vaguely implied the one swarm of Heartless was Aqua though, so maybe the first was as well and that's why.

About Master Keeper: even though it's dumb there was on screen precedent for Aqua not having it. She DOES let it go, it doesn't disappear like Keyblades usually do. Where was it from the end of KH1-KH3 during the multitudes of scenes on that exact beach? God knows, perhaps it was effected by the time distortion between RoD-RoL. I'm sure Nomura will explain his madness in a future interview but I think it's pretty safe to assume that's when she lost it.

I'm looking forward to clarification and more Keyblade lore.

Back