• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Wave of darkness

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oathkeeper1313

I was watching the opening movie for Kingdom Hearts for the 40th time and just started thinking. The water could represent darkness, couldn't it? When we first see Sora on his island he sees Riku in the sea, he starts to run out to him but stops short, he notices the water. He notices the darkness. But then then he sees the wave coming toward Riku, he cares more about his friend then falling into darkness or getting hurt. So he runs out to Riku but the wave hits knocking Sora back but not Riku. Sora battles with the water (the darkness) to get to Riku but cant reach him. He floats to the surface and sees Kairi who, as Namine said is, "His light through the darkness" they talk and stuff for a second then Kairi sees Sora falling out of the sky with the meteors. (I dont know what this may signify, possibly Soras connection with Kairi because she arrived on the night of the meteor shower) He then falls away from Kairi, they are separated. doesn't this sound a lot like the story throughout the game and the end?
Sora battles darkness to save Riku but loses him in the end, sees Kairi but loses her too.
I don’t know if this has been noted before, or everyone but me has noticed it until now, and I really don’t care. I just thought i would put this out there for everyone to read and post about.

Last edited:

Cael

Silver Member
Website
tinyurl.com
Sora name means Sky
Riku's I think means Land or Water....one of these...o.o;;
Kairi means separation and something else...I forgot o.o

Other than that IDK. The beginning of the game affects the game while it doesn't. Since we don't know if it really was a dream or not.....

Kingdom_KID

That's interesting. Honestly, I never thought about it that way. Nice theory. ^.-

SantoryuKeyblade

I think the part with Sora falling out of the sky signifies that him and Kairi willbe separated in the end. First Sora is on the groung with her, like at the very last cut scene before the credits where they're talking for a few seconds. Then Sora falling from the sky tells you that they will be separated again. Sora just falls straight through himself on the ground and into the water, or as you said, the darkness. Here's something else for everyone to think about.

Midnight

I've got something to add to the theory...
Remember in Mickey's letter how the stars were dissapearing? Maybe the meteors are parts of those worlds/stars? Maybe Sora has to fall in with the worlds to save them?

Oathkeeper1313

.:KL:. said:
Sora name means Sky
Riku's I think means Land or Water....one of these...o.o;;
Kairi means separation and something else...I forgot o.o

Yes, but I don’t think they made the beginning like they did just to show what the names meant. They might have given them their names after they made the movie for representation, or whatever

Other than that IDK. The beginning of the game affects the game while it doesn't. Since we don't know if it really was a dream or not.....

True...

ImmortalBlue

Well, since Kairi turned out to be a Princess of Heart and she came on a meteor.. It would basically signfy the destruction of worlds. Since she and Sora met and he's sworn to protect her, it means he will try to save the worlds.

Since he failed once, he works harder. Hence the second game.

The same can be said about Riku. Since Sora tried to save Riku from the wave of darkness and failed, it would be the same as Riku being shut behind the door.

Basically the beginning is a foreshadow of the entire game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back