• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

water drawing

• Thread starter Deleted member 70496
  • Start date

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 70496

Here's a drawing I did for an art class a few years ago of colored water. Sorry the coke bottle is kinda shitty and I can't really get it to look any better, I was falling asleep by the time I got to that part.

2492617807_1ca166f289.jpg

Larger: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3038/2492617807_1ca166f289_b.jpg

D

Deleted member 70496

Darn those ellipses.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 70496

Yes. I know what you're talking about. I know what the word "elipses" means. I am not going to fix them because I like them the way they are plus I'm not going to fix a 3 year old drawing. Thank you.

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
Well, I don't mean fix them now. <-< I don't mean fix these, I mean fix future ones. Also, why show something 3 years old, it's not what you're doing now.

The way they are now, it's impossible for them to be correct. O-o The details and light and color and shading might look amazing, but the fact they're funny looking detracts. If the proportions of a cup is funny, it doesn't work and detracts from the rest of the picture.

D

Deleted member 70496

I posted it because I like it (except for the coke bottle, but I can't do much about that.)

I think it's pretty "correct" the way it is. It's the style I like. Things don't always have to be perfect to be good. They can be stylized, you know? I don't think any part of this drawing looks totally realistic, and I didn't really want it to look like a photograph.

dr.korytco

Got to love artists .....one thing I never liked about art class is that artists will tell you its wrong, but if you survey real people they would prob tell you that they would buy that ..

Personal experience.

D

Deleted member 70496

I have a feeling kairigirl would tell Pollock he's doing it wrong...

D

Deleted member 70496

I could do it "right" if I wanted to... I don't see what anime has to do with anything, I don't even draw any of that.

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
So basically, if you're going to post your stuff on the internet, get ready to hear someone point out your obvious mistakes.

Don't be defensive, just say thank you and wait for a meaningless, nice comment. Is that really so hard?

kg's right. Everything looks really cool, except for the weird shapes. Better luck next time, show us something recent!

D

Deleted member 70496

To be honest I wasn't going to get defensive at first, I just didn't like the whole "Do you even know what ellipses are?" thing so I got a little frustrated. D:

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
Oh, well, she was just asking to be sure. Don't worry about it too much. :D Knowing kg, that wasn't supposed to be an insult or anything.

D

Deleted member 70496

Just seemed like one and irked me a bit, haha. Seriously probably wouldn't have been defensive if it weren't for that!

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
No, it wasn't. I didn't mean it as an insult, not at all. And I'm sorry if I sounded like I was being too critical. "Darn those ellipses" is usually something I would say if I didn't understand what someone was saying, and especially since that was all you said, I replied because I was unsure if you knew or not and I wanted to help if you didn't. My teacher once said it's when people stop helping that they stop caring. It's when you started becoming defensive and whatnot that I was getting frustrated. D:

To be honest, I don't like abstract art like Pollock's stuff. Imo, painting a black square or throwing paint on a canvas is something anyone can do, so it's entirely beyond me why someone would show it off, kind of like saying "a stick figure! look!". I like Dali's because he takes stuff that's real and manipulates it (like the clocks) and it looks real regardless that it can't be, but throwing paint on a canvas isn't my favorite. That's not what you did, before you think that's what I think.

Bah.

D

Deleted member 70496

Sorry, I guess I should've said more... I was just kidding around. Just a big ol' misunderstanding.

I like the people who start that stuff because it's not about the art, it's about the idea. I don't like that people keep doing it. It doesn't need to be done by more than one person, really. No, I didn't think that's what you thought I did at all, just using it as an example.

Last edited by a moderator:

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website
the13thmember.deviantart.com
Pretty good as kairigirl stated before, but yes the glasses look slightly surreal like as if they were somewhat warped.
Yes the ellipses look a little weird as well but if you were going for that surreal look then I guess it works.

I really love how the transparency of the glasses appear; they really look as though they have liquid inside.

Overall it's good yes, but it could definitely use some improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back