• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Watch yourself

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Valhite

Recently, Kidnappers and criminals use internet to get an information about child or even youngsters. My job in real world is something about this kind of thing.

Apparently a lot of student and youngster from many website such as this website tend to give too much information. Particularly where they live and their age. The criminals tend to blend in in the website that looks a lot like a youngster website such as this website and acted like a normal user. They target anything about gaming website or anything that sensed like a youngster topic or child topic

Be wary. Be careful. Do not give your real life information to somebody you don't know. Especially if you are under 18. That's all I need to say:) just have fun in the website! But hide your identity !

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Thanks for sharing. Although I'm 20 years old, it's still good to know what the criminal trend is nowadays when it's related to the approach of criminals to youngsters. Granted, this has always happened, but from time to time the volume of these incidents go up and down.

Valhite

Thank you. I hope that many user here are looking into this. And I hope the criminals too. So they will scared

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Isn't this something we should, by now, already know?
Not to offend you, it's never wrong to warn people and tell them to be careful, but really. It's quite commonly known that especially teenagers are giving away their information way too easily.

Valhite

Not to offend you, it's never wrong to warn people and tell them to be careful, but really. It's quite commonly known that especially teenagers are giving away their information way too easily.

Some of them are lingering here. That's why

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
You can never warn 'em enough, tbh. >_>

Someone could probably piece together another person's age if they pay close attention to the things the person talks about, but it's not as easy to accidentally give away exactly where you live.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
You can never warn 'em enough, tbh. >_>

Someone could probably piece together another person's age if they pay close attention to the things the person talks about, but it's not as easy to accidentally give away exactly where you live.

Teenagers sometimes space and go with the flow without them being conscient. It's always wise to once in a meanwhile knock on their door and say: "hey, remember to be careful on the Web. It's a cool place and all, but it can be dangerous at times".

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
i live in hell, come and fight me irl.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
The worst thing I regularly see happening is people just opening up whatsapp groups based on, e.g., a fandom they like.
"Let's make a Final Fantasy whatsapp group with complete strangers! YAY!"
Like...why?

redcrown

Awards
Most of the people here are of an older crowd, who would already know that. KH13 is where the younger naive crowd is.
Though I don't see the danger in revealing your age, but your address obviously. You can't be tracked just by announcing you're under 18.

Some of them are lingering here. That's why

Who? young teens or creeps?

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
On the internet, anyone and everyone could be loitering around. :I

I think the safest thing you can do is just get up to the Hydra's back.

...but in all seriousness, you have to be very, very careful in the web. Even with things that might look official. Nowadays with Photoshop, what may seem like an honest email for your credit card company, could be a perfectly made montage meant to sabotage you. Or to be more technical, there might be a random possibility that you access a fake mirror web site meant to look like you bank's, which is why many banks are telling their customers to pay attention to the "https". If it was the "s" for "secured", then that connection is with their bank. Otherwise, they shouldn't do any sort of transaction.

redcrown

Awards
I think the safest thing you can do is just get up to the Hydra's back.

...but in all seriousness, you have to be very, very careful in the web. Even with things that might look official. Nowadays with Photoshop, what may seem like an honest email for your credit card company, could be a perfectly made montage meant to sabotage you. Or to be more technical, there might be a random possibility that you access a fake mirror web site meant to look like you bank's, which is why many banks are telling their customers to pay attention to the "https". If it was the "s" for "secured", then that connection is with their bank. Otherwise, they shouldn't do any sort of transaction.

then why do banks put themselves online if they can't be secure enough to not be imitated by scammers?

redcrown

Awards
I've just never liked the speed that society has put itself on the web, bank accounts especially, when the technology is so new. Most people aren't computer savvy, and 80% of the population over 40 are confused by the smallest of computer maneuvering. It makes most people vulnerable, and unless you know what you're doing you shouldn't do important business on the web, bank or government related. But at this point everyone is expected to.

The web is convenient and efficient for a lot of things, but at the same time we see so many people getting scammed and hacked because they don't better.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I've just never liked the speed that society has put itself on the web, bank accounts especially, when the technology is so new. Most people aren't computer savvy, and 80% of the population over 40 are confused by the smallest of computer maneuvering. It makes most people vulnerable, and unless you know what you're doing you shouldn't do important business on the web, bank or government related. But at this point everyone is expected to.

The web is convenient and efficient for a lot of things, but at the same time we see so many people getting scammed and hacked because they don't better.

i agree with you partly, but the tech is far from new. just advancing. if somebody doesn't want to learn how to use it then that's their fault, and if they refuse to learn and use ot anyway, well, see above sentence.

Valhite

Most of the people here are of an older crowd, who would already know that. KH13 is where the younger naive crowd is.
Though I don't see the danger in revealing your age, but your address obviously. You can't be tracked just by announcing you're under 18.

Who? young teens or creeps?

Of course the creep :). Many criminals now are able to at least track someone from their signal or even their IP address just via victim post. They can analyze and eventually get where the Victim send their post from. And as my research, some of them in here, even in KH13, lingering in search for a victim. So that's why your age is important. They know your age below 18, they will start to search your address. But I think it's not THAT dangerous in this site. Because mainly the crooks are not THAT smart to hack the web and I think it's fine though. But you still need to be careful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back