• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Watch the Kingdom Hearts III: ReMIND TGS Trailer Now!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Xagzan

Awards
Hmm, so kind of an expansion on what we saw from the last trailer, plus Sora and Namine talking bout something, and Xigbar.

But hey, a Kairi scene! More of those. And it looks like Axel's gonna be replacing Sora in the fight against Saix?

I predicted months ago that Sora would use the Power of Waking to retcon the ending at the cost of his life. I believe that's what they're doing.

You mean so that Kairi wouldn't be sliced?

drew0512

Awards
Two more things:

- Naminé looks beautiful and I;m happy she finally gets a proper cutscene
- the trailer is hinting at playable Axel, so... Playable Kairi too? C'mon Nomura, this is your chance.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
I predicted months ago that Sora would use the Power of Waking to retcon the ending at the cost of his life. I believe that's what they're doing.
This is gonna sound harsh, but good riddance! He had no place in half those battles anyway. Pretty gutsy move from the developers though, I gotta admit.

Also, Vanitas Lingering Spirit returns?

disney233

Awards
Still on this Final Fantasy debacle? Is it bad that I gave up on that crap? In other news 'oh woooow they remembered Namine existed!' And they remembed Lingering Will existed! Woooooowww! The numbered games never gave out such 'big content' like a new world or some shit. They threw a weak bone. Simple as that. Ima wait for the Manga since it puts more care to both original, FF, & Disney characters alike. Something the game stopped doing after 2.

okhi12

Awards
Apart from the additional playable characters I wonder if Re:mind will only expand the KG cutscenes but keeping the facts shown in vanilla KH3 intact or if some events will actually change (like the royal edition of FFXV did). Anyway I like this trailer more than I thought I would.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
My only hang up about this is they'd be asking people to pay for a new ending / changing the ending. I imagine the outcome might be the same, in that the final scene where everybody sees Sora off is kept and the rest of the final cutscene plays through, but people could make the argument that SE is asking for people to pay to get the full ending, which is something similar to what people complained about with Mass Effect.

I don't view this in the same light as the Secret Episode of BbS as it didn't change the ending of the game at all but gave an additional scenario after it. If what has been theorised comes to pass, then the ending is effectively changed and the additional scenario is slotted in there, and people without the DLC now won't have the full ending.

Maybe I was naïve but I thought they'd be changing up the Keyblade Graveyard battles from the main game and delivering a post-credit scenario.

This is all from a trailer though, one that doesn't give that clear of an insight so I'll let this rest until we get more details or the DLC comes out and we can see the full scope of what they're doing. I guess it is similar to Final Fantasy XV's additional dungeon, and that made the end of that game so much stronger.

drew0512

Awards
Apart from the additional playable characters I wonder if Re:mind will only expand the KG cutscenes but keeping the facts shown in vanilla KH3 intact or if some events will actually change (like the royal edition of FFXV did). Anyway I like this trailer more than I thought I would.
There's already a new cutscene that happens in another world (Luxord and Xigbar)

Xagzan

Awards
Also, is this confirmed to be the only DLC package there will be?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Also, is this confirmed to be the only DLC package there will be?
Yeah, I believe Nomura confirmed this a while ago. Though things like the Keyblades will be delivered in a free update, probably the one that adds on compatibility with ReMIND.

NoWay

Awards
Maybe ReMind starts with Sora saving Kairi. After saving her, Sora retconed the final battles in KG. And that could be why he is not present in the Saïx fight. But that would also mean that the final Xehanort fight could be retconed. Oh boy, I really hope that ReMind is not the exact same endgame content but with different characters.

U.N. Owen

Awards
My only hang up about this is they'd be asking people to pay for a new ending / changing the ending. I imagine the outcome might be the same, in that the final scene where everybody sees Sora off is kept and the rest of the final cutscene plays through, but people could make the argument that SE is asking for people to pay to get the full ending, which is something similar to what people complained about with Mass Effect.

I understand you could argue some scenes could take place between/before battles like Vanitas against Ven and Aqua; Terranort vs. Lingering Will; Kairi and Axel vs. Xion and Saix, but what throws a wrench into this is RAX vs. Saix. I could just be overthinking.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Yeah expecting people to shell out more money to get the ending of this game the way it should been would be pretty bad. Also very Square Enix.

I love how Nomura made a point of showing off Namine. "I gave her a cutscene guys!"

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Maybe ReMind starts with Sora saving Kairi. After saving her, Sora retconed the final battles in KG. And that could be why he is not present in the Saïx fight. But that would also mean that the final Xehanort fight could be retconed. Oh boy, I really hope that ReMind is not the exact same endgame content but with different characters.
I had the idea that ReMIND takes place after Sora leaves to save Kairi, and then time is rewound but he doesn't return so we go through playing as Riku (and choosing to play as others) and then at the end Riku sacrifices himself and that's how he ends up in the same worldline as Sora, but then I remembered that Sora was a party member with Riku in the E3 trailer.

drew0512

Awards

I don't view this in the same light as the Secret Episode of BbS as it didn't change the ending of the game at all but gave an additional scenario after it. If what has been theorised comes to pass, then the ending is effectively changed and the additional scenario is slotted in there, and people without the DLC now won't have the full ending.

Maybe I was naïve but I thought they'd be changing up the Keyblade Graveyard battles from the main game and delivering a post-credit scenario.

This is all from a trailer though, one that doesn't give that clear of an insight so I'll let this rest until we get more details or the DLC comes out and we can see the full scope of what they're doing. I guess it is similar to Final Fantasy XV's additional dungeon, and that made the end of that game so much stronger.
But how? Assuming the theory is right, the ending will stay the same. You have to pay to see more story bits, but that's what FMs always did.

Xagzan

Awards
I had the idea that ReMIND takes place after Sora leaves to save Kairi, and then time is rewound but he doesn't return so we go through playing as Riku (and choosing to play as others) and then at the end Riku sacrifices himself and that's how he ends up in the same worldline as Sora, but then I remembered that Sora was a party member with Riku in the E3 trailer.

BTW - what the heck are those worldlines supposed to be anyway? Dimensions? Timelines?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
But how? Assuming the theory is right, the ending will stay the same. You have to pay to see more story bits, but that's what FMs always did.
The FMs added additional story throughout the game and post-credits. This seems to outright alter the entire final chapter of the game. But like I said, this is only an impression from a trailer. I have no idea how this will all actually fit together and if it is actually changing the ending.

BTW - what the heck are those worldlines supposed to be anyway? Dimensions? Timelines?
I think alternate / parallel universes.

Back