• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Watch the KINGDOM HEARTS 0.2 Opening!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
@gosoxtim LOL. I know I should be more optimistic--because so far everything is pointing to Kairi actually being there in III and more important than ever before--but I've just been burnt too many times at this point, tbh. (Like, remember when Kairi was actually on the cover for Coded--so we all thought she'd be in it--but she wasn't at all, and they later removed her from said cover?) So I'm not going to believe anything about Kairi actually being treated well (for once) in KHIII, until I actually have the game firmly in my hands;) (Or until we get trailer stuff that maybe has a lot of her in it, or confirms her to be a party member or playable character or something.)
i know how you feel i want to see kairi to catch up to aqua and maybe surpase her and we know she will be importat in kh3 i mean if not ifht in final battle somehow pl8us i want to see sora and kairi devlop more as well not just hints like preovous game plus her maybe devlop with riku like a borther /sister realtinship we just have to have patience

Zul

Awards
I'm guessing Ven-nitas's eyes are blue because of an error, or they thought the blonde hair and yellow eyes looked weird together and changed it.

Or a subtle statement that Ven is closer to being saved than Terra.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I'm guessing Ven-nitas's eyes are blue because of an error, or they thought the blonde hair and yellow eyes looked weird together and changed it.

Or a subtle statement that Ven is closer to being saved than Terra.

It can symbolize many things actually if it isn't an error.

It may also represent that Vanitas' possession of Ventus was never complete/full like Terra's with Xehanort, but it would have been a little difficult to portray the inner battle between Ven & Vanitas visually in the opening among all the other stuff so they opted for that visual hint.

The golden/yellow eyes also always depict Xehanort-possession/relation and strictly spoken Ventus-Vanitas was only indirectly a "Xehanort" by proxy due to Vanitas himself most likely being one.

It meaning that either Ven is closer to being saved or that Ventus has despite all still a possible greater freedom of movement/involvement than Terra is also possible.
Since Ven's actual essence, his heart, is safe with Sora Ventus himself should be safe from Xehanort as long as Sora is safe too.

Speaking of noticed things, Ventus-Vanitas in the opening is always using the Proto-X-blade left-handed, is he not?
I don't remember right now, was Vanitas a lefty in BBS?
I remember they changed Ventus himself to being right-handed (or possibly ambidextrous) from the original KH2 FM secret ending, but I'm not sure about Van.

ImVentus

Awards
WOW I'm late but here I woke up to this amazing opening sequence and I got to see a lot of foreshadowing of what's to happen next which is epic and beautiful at the same time. I loved the scene where the trio has a moment together falling by the ocean.
HAPPY.gif

This scene here really warmed my heart

Am I the only one who wished that I could splash in that beautifully rendered ocean after seeing the first 20 seconds.

Zul

Awards
Speaking of noticed things, Ventus-Vanitas in the opening is always using the Proto-X-blade left-handed, is he not?
I don't remember right now, was Vanitas a lefty in BBS?
I remember they changed Ventus himself to being right-handed (or possibly ambidextrous) from the original KH2 FM secret ending, but I'm not sure about Van.

Yeah, he's wielding it in his right-hand in BBS, and in his left hand in the 0.2 opening.

EDIT: When he starts fighting aqua, the swaps it to his right hand.

Also, another thing. Aside from the blue eyes, Ven-nitas didn't have the metal jaw in BBS either, but has it here.

The golden/yellow eyes also always depict Xehanort-possession/relation and strictly spoken Ventus-Vanitas was only indirectly a "Xehanort" by proxy due to Vanitas himself most likely being one.

I always suspected Vanitas's default eye color was red due to it being a common unversed color. I believe it's also stated to be red in the BBS novels.

Last edited:

Caxinuld

Awards
I'm too hyped up to wait patiently for 2.8 to be released thanks to this opening. I wonder if Ventus & Terra will be boss battles in the game or Mickey will be a party member/playable. The Trinity Skydiving also gives me hope in that the trio will be restored.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
The damn trailer's proven that Kingdom Hearts is still the only video game series that can get a heap of emotion out of me. I am very, very happy after watching it.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
The damn trailer's proven that Kingdom Hearts is still the only video game series that can get a heap of emotion out of me. I am very, very happy after watching it.
So much truth. Maybe it's because of how long the series has been around but the openings always get me.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
WOW I'm late but here I woke up to this amazing opening sequence and I got to see a lot of foreshadowing of what's to happen next which is epic and beautiful at the same time. I loved the scene where the trio has a moment together falling by the ocean.

Am I the only one who wished that I could splash in that beautifully rendered ocean after seeing the first 20 seconds.
I love this part: it also carries connotations of dropping/diving/falling through the sky, and occurs at the same moment in the song as Sora's drop sequence in the original KH opening tears him away from Kairi-- but the time of day has changed from sundown to mid-morning as Aqua is reconnecting with her friends and diving with them. "Whatever lies beyond this morning is a little later on."

I also love the effect of playing Aqua's and Sora's names as symbolic in their own right. The opening begins with an extended view of the divide between the sky and the ocean water, which has been a factor in almost every KH opening. It's repurposed here to align with Aqua, who is perpetually shown beneath the surface while Sora (the sky) is just above. This imagery is repeated as Mickey comes from above (where Sora's Dive to the Heart is portrayed as a bright light in the dark sky) to aid Aqua in her fight; when the Wayfinders are reunited they are in the sky; and ultimately Sora's hand is shown diving beneath the surface of the water to reach out to Aqua, breaching that great divide between them. It's a lovely touch which tethers the progression of the cinematic to that central theme of reunion and salvation.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I loved the intro scene as much as everyone else, but why is Ven-Vanitas eyes blue? clearly that's intentional for a reason...

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
This intro, in 3 minutes, managed to convey the bond between the Wayfinder trio better than the entire runtime of BBS.

how

This has so much truth in it that it hurts somewhat.
Makes me wish yet again that they a) did BBS itself on a big console and b) hired a better script writer for it. <__<

It did? I thought their bond was conveyed great in the original game.

If anything for me the opening was just a reminder how much they care for one another

Even I, who admittedly is a fan of the BBS/Wayfinder-trio and each of the three BBS characters individually, have to admit that while there was indeed much potential shown at some points, the game BBS itself did not really expand upon that potential and made it very visible for the audience.
People claiming that TAV/the BBS/Wayfinder-trio is the most "bland" or "undeveloped" out of the three main trios of original characters are not few and to a certain degree those are right.
The BBS-Trio was advertised as possibly the most closely-knit trio out of all the main trios, but it wasn't really shown in BBS proper and their "falling out" and problems they had with each other were forced by the plot demands of Xehanort winning nearly flawlessly, not because of actual logic and behaviour.
The "falling out" also came much too quick and with too thin reasonings when looking at the whole game up to that point. Having this without properly showing and introducing the audience to their supposedly so close and tight friendship beforehand not only takes the impact/gravitas away this falling out is supposed to symbolize, it also gives more credence to the impression that "if they fall apart that easily, they can't be these super-close friends they're advertised at".

Not to mention the plot demanding them to stay apart instead of interacting more, actually allowing to show more of their supposedly so closely-knit friendship.
Especially Aqua and Terra had no real logical reason to not travel together as they were given the same overall mission goals by Master Eraqus, but that would of course have brought problems about Terra acting "dumb" and letting himself used by every Disney villain he comes across and being manipulated by Master Old Fartynort.
Mickey is shown to be devastated at TAVs fates and his inability to save them in the BBS credits and even hands Yen Sid back his Keyblade, having at least considered Aqua and Ven to become his friends too, but Mickey's actual interactions and "building" of friendship with both of them is woefully short and understated.
Mickey not even meeting Terra once is also a total missed opportunity as Mickey, being still an apprentice himself during BBS times, could have tried to help Terra the same way he helps Riku in CoM, but due to being himself still inexperienced he fails in this endeavour, adding even more fuel to his scene in the BBS credits.

There are so many scenarios and even only little things that would need to be changed to make BBS a better experience it isn't even funny anymore.

This opening here however actually gives visual proof that Terra, Aqua and Ven truly mean much to each other, shown by their expressions alone. You do not have anything like that in BBS proper beyond the scenes in the prologue (which have cringe-worthy dialogue at times) and some three or four odd flasbacks during the game itself where mostly only two of them are involved.

HAPPY.gif

Yep, that's truly a wonderful sequence.

Yeah, he's wielding it in his right-hand in BBS, and in his left hand in the 0.2 opening.

EDIT: When he starts fighting aqua, the swaps it to his right hand.

Also, another thing. Aside from the blue eyes, Ven-nitas didn't have the metal jaw in BBS either, but has it here.

I always suspected Vanitas's default eye color was red due to it being a common unversed color. I believe it's also stated to be red in the BBS novels.

Also, this is young SRK

February-24-2012-23-45-58-tumblrltlcw1YeI21r20hi2o1500.jpg

Would make sense with the claim that both Ventus and Vanitas are ambidextrous, having the same effectiveness regardless which hand they use.
People like this exist after all.

It may be just Aqua's memory being a bit wonky, the Realm of Darkness adding some extra stuff to things or, just like the blue eyes, a reference to the inner battle between Ventus and Vanitas. The original Ventus-Vanitas had golden eyes and no "jaw-piece", but with this one there is the inner conflict between Ven and Vanitas symbolized by visual cues. The blue eyes stand for Ven himself while the metal jaw symbolizes Vanitas alone.
Both being assigned to the hybrid-being Ventus-Vanitas, symbolizes their two hearts clashing for control.

I know about these parts from the novels and have them in the back of my head, but due to the novels' arbitrary canonical status I tend to not use things stated in them as arguments in debates or discourses except if they have been further validated/made probable by a game or an interview.

Heh, gotta love kittens.
The light one is Kairi, the dark one Riku and the grey one is Sora...^__^

Muke

whatever
Awards
I do agree with all of you who said that this Opening, as Sephy put it, gives visual proof that Terra, Aqua and Ven truly mean much to each other, And it makes me so glad that they finally seem like they have a friendship-sibling-ish relationship, if that makes sense.
And I know that I always express how I don't like Terra, but that doesn't change the fact that, out of all the ORIGINAL Trios, the TAV trio is my favorite. =)

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I do agree with all of you who said that this Opening, as Sephy put it, gives visual proof that Terra, Aqua and Ven truly mean much to each other, And it makes me so glad that they finally seem like they have a friendship-sibling-ish relationship, if that makes sense.
And I know that I always express how I don't like Terra, but that doesn't change the fact that, out of all the ORIGINAL Trios, the TAV trio is my favorite. =)

Now it remains only to hope and cross fingers that both 0.2 and KH III to some extent actually build upon what is shown in this amazing introduction sequence and have TAV all three become more fleshed out and rounded characters who no longer deserve the labels "bland" or "underused".

Terra arguably got hit the hardest with the forced-on stupidity due to BBS's sloppy script writing, but speaking of him I just have to post this particular screencap:
tumblr_ofpxgfxfeP1sphg4eo3_500.jpg

Look at that expression, lol.
When I look at that one, regardless of how tough and "adult"-like Terra always wants to come over, on the inside he's apparently as much of a dork as Sora/Ven and even Riku partially are.

I'm also tempted to make yet another joke about "parachute pants" considering Terra is actually flying in that sequence...*gggg*.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
If they are ever worried they need a soft landing, Terra's pants are there to help.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
KH0,2 opening vs FF7AC . GG Nomura !
14826419_673523002804790_943907477_n.png
*trying to think of a joke about Aqua being Cloud and Sora being Aerith but gets nothing*

"if they fall apart that easily, they can't be these super-close friends they're advertised at".
^ This! *sigh*
While I like BBS, the friendship of TAV was more like....

"We're such close friends! See how close we are because we have charms! It's okay that we're not with each other because we have charms! Charms mean friendship! Charms charms charms!"

*when they catch up to each other*

Aqua: "Terra, stop it"
Terra: "No, you stop it!"
Aqua: "Come home already!
Terra: "You're not my mom!" *pouts away*
Ven: "I wanna help!"
Aqua: "Go home you little shit stain and let me handle this!" *grumps away*
*Ven cries*

Muke

whatever
Awards
*trying to think of a joke about Aqua being Cloud and Sora being Aerith but gets nothing*
:O
What if Cloud is the real KB Master?! OMG Aqua has a little bit of black in her clothing! Cloud is the real Aqua! Aqua X Zack makes so much sense!
OMG Aerith is Sora AND a PoH?! We might be onto something!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back