• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Watch the first episode of Kingdom Hearts Mysteries here

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEASTENDER

You're making this way more complicated than it really is. Of course Ansem doesn't exist in YX's time, that's the whole point of time travel.

Xehanort always had the desire to time travel (and the power to move forward in time, but this is debatable) past that encounter with Ansem; Ansem wouldn't exist otherwise. Ansem exists in YX's future, even if it hasn't happened yet. And he goes back in time to make sure that future happens ...

In the one and only timeline, Ansem messed with the past, leading to his creation, leading to him going back, leading to his creation ... A stable loop, in a single timeline.

Also, any time displaced body will for sure return to his time in the same condition, at the exact time of departure, with no memories. This can happen when they run out of time, or are destroyed. So, as YX cannot escape his present, his future will always exist.

Time travel stuff is always complicated, but I believe KH's is one of the simplest.

That's literally all I was getting at (except Ansem would have been created either way since a being that doesn't exist yet can't tell Xehanort to make him exist). I'm saying he went back in his timeline and changed it. The rule is, you can't mess with the timeline events since that's against the rules, so I was just saying there was one thing that was overlooked. The reason more than one timeline came up is it's the only possible way that a timeline wasn't altered as some claimed, but as you understand it was; and according to Nomura's rule set, that can't be, and of course he only wants/has (us too) one timeline. I won't touch the other time traveling rules and 13 vessels again since no one seems to be getting what I'm trying to say about the rules of time travel at all. But as I said, it certainly doesn't matter to me. I was more than fine with, Xehanort can do whatever because he can, and KH3 is going to be amazing because of it lol However, I also thank you for your response.

Anagram

Banned
That's literally all I was getting at (except Ansem would have been created either way since a being that doesn't exist yet can't tell Xehanort to make him exist). I'm saying he went back in his timeline and changed it. The rule is, you can't mess with the timeline events since that's against the rules, so I was just saying there was one thing that was overlooked. The reason more than one timeline came up is it's the only possible way that a timeline wasn't altered as some claimed, but as you understand it was; and according to Nomura's rule set, that can't be, and of course he only wants/has (us too) one timeline. I won't touch the other time traveling rules and 13 vessels again since no one seems to be getting what I'm trying to say about the rules of time travel at all. But as I said, it certainly doesn't matter to me. I was more than fine with, Xehanort can do whatever because he can, and KH3 is going to be amazing because of it lol However, I also thank you for your response.

People get what your saying you just don't get what their saying back to you. Your using only one ideal of time travel when a decent google search will show you there is more than one. You won't apply any other types but the one your advocating to this topic and it's just causing it to go in circles.
Your also missing the point that nothing about young Xehanort changed. History said he grows up into Ansem which you just admitted would come to exist either way. History didn't change because young Xehanort can't remember anything to alter and Ansem won't change it because for one he can't and if he could he likely wouldn't or he'd be faced with the possibility of erasure.

There's no way to make this more simple for you. If you aren't willing to look at other ideas of time travel then your replies to peoples explanations are pointless.
I quit worrying about it myself a long time ago. It's a fun topic to delve into or read in theories but on a personal level I'm just "Oh look a Bishie-nort".

Edit. The only way to make this as simple as possible for you is that Xehanort is a troll and that he's causing a paradox on the same timeline. He's creating a loop over his own life but not altering anything that lead up to him becoming the old creepy geezer he is.

Edit Two. Another alternative for you would to just ignore it. Young Xehanort says he can't alter things meant to happen. This is something Nomura had Xehanort point out and establish a couple times in KH3D. Even if you find flaws in it, or argue against it, as far as Nomura and canon goes it is a single timeline of events that Xehanort says he can't alter.
It is a fact that and is pointless to argue over because that is the course Nomura has set for this story.

Edit Three. Also want to point out I mean no offense. Saying this just in case I accidentally come off aggressive or something. I know things do not translate well over a computer screen. ^_^"

Last edited:

BEASTENDER

People get what your saying you just don't get what their saying back to you. Your using only one ideal of time travel when a decent google search will show you there is more than one. You won't apply any other types but the one your advocating to this topic and it's just causing it to go in circles.
Your also missing the point that nothing about young Xehanort changed. History said he grows up into Ansem which you just admitted would come to exist either way. History didn't change because young Xehanort can't remember anything to alter and Ansem won't change it because for one he can't and if he could he likely wouldn't or he'd be faced with the possibility of erasure.

There's no way to make this more simple for you. If you aren't willing to look at other ideas of time travel then your replies to peoples explanations are pointless.

Edit. The only way to make this as simple as possible for you is that Xehanort is a troll and that he's causing a paradox on the same timeline. He's creating a loop over his own life but not altering anything that lead up to him becoming the old creepy geezer he is.

Edit Two. Another alternative for you would to just ignore it. Young Xehanort says he can't alter things meant to happen. This is something Nomura had Xehanort point out and establish a couple times in KH3D. Even if you find flaws in it, or argue against it, as far as Nomura and canon goes it is a single timeline of events that Xehanort says he can't alter.
It is a fact that and is pointless to argue over because that is the course Nomura has set for this story.

Edit Three. Also want to point out I mean no offense. Saying this just in case I accidentally come off aggressive or something. I know things do not translate well over a computer screen. ^_^"

The actual version of time travel doesn't matter, because the problem persists in any version of time travel. Trust me, I fully understand your version of time travel and your explanation 100%. However, I still get that one of my points isn't fully understood, based on responses, but that's likely my fault. But trust in me, I understand the responses presented fully and completely. I'm probably just really bad at explaining things, and like you said, making things more complicated which really takes the fun out of it; which is something I don't want. I wasn't trying to argue with the man himself, I just thought maybe on a veeery technical scale, something was overlooked.

And don't worry kind sir, I know you weren't trying to be aggressive. I put in a couple of LOL's myself to let people know that I'm not trying to start an argument or make anyone angry; or appear aggressive/hostile/annoying, which is honestly a vibe I get from a lot of members sadly (I literally had to leave the site once) lol But I really do give in. Regardless of Nomura's rules or theories, He says Ansem went back in time, and that somehow the timeline was never altered (since it's all going to happen anyway), and that the memories returning gimmick is a good enough explanation for 13 versions in the present. That's more than good enough for me. I was willing to go along with him just being able too because he's special, or because keyblade wielders can use magic. I mean, there are time altering magics other wielders use <Stop, Time Splicer,etc.>, and I never questioned them. I certainly didn't mean for my comment to transform into what it did. Again, I really appreciate all the responses and effort, sincerely :D.

Last edited:

SephirothZ

Great video, I have a little better understanding about it. However, I am still confused on one part. Since you cannot travel into the future, exactly how are all the Xehanorts suppose to come together in one place, particularly Young Xehanort.

Sdog

Awards
Great video, I have a little better understanding about it. However, I am still confused on one part. Since you cannot travel into the future, exactly how are all the Xehanorts suppose to come together in one place, particularly Young Xehanort.

To put it simply, you can't travel to what hasn't happened yet. When they were all gathering, that was obviously happening presently, so it works. They are waiting it out to once again gather together.

Kenzichi

The video was great! All involved did a good job.

Reading everyone's comments is what's confusing me the most haha. But I like reading everything and it's interesting so I don't mind. Everyone's pretty much asked the questions I have.

Edit: I just wanted to say that I pretty much understand the concept of time travel in KH now that I've read everyone's comments. This was a good discussion that everyone took part in!

Last edited:

WhinyAcademic

Awards
Certainly makes it a bit clearer.

Though you guys forgot that Scar also retained his consciousness, memories and body after becoming a Heartless.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
A very well done episode! I look forward to see more KH Mysteries.

About the memories etching deep down to Young Xehanorts heart. I would just love to see a scene in KH3, where Young Xehanort and Eraqus are talking, and the conversation would go something like this:
YX: "I`m not sure what I want from life."
YE:" Just listen to your heart."
YX:" Yeah, maybe I should do that."

And we all now what will happen when YX listn to his heart. Some irony don`t you think?

SoraForeverKH

That was very good. It did help clear some things for me about time traveling, spoken with more detail than the official characters in 3D. But, KH is a game of mystery, that said, it would be too easy to solve if they were to spell every little thing out for the players throughout the games.One part in this video which caught me off guard was about Sora having strained his heart with the Darkness within him over his adventures.
It could be I have seen this but I disregarded the possible fact due to Sora being one of my most admired characters. Or, I may have been getting a misconception on the whole thing, and the fact Sora has been unknowingly damaging his own heart had never occurred to me until 3D. It became obvious what was happening to him while he went deeper and deeper into the chasm of dreams.
So the idea of him having this problem with the Darkness throughout his previous journeys and experiences of the heart was a new perspective for me. Is this something that has actually been confirmed by the game's director???
Not that it doesn't sound entirely possible...as Sora does show various signs about having trouble with his Darkness throughout KH II. He even says in the end while in the Dark Margin with his best friend Riku, "You know, maybe the Darkness has gotten to me, too." -Sora

Anyway, I digress... I am very much looking forward to the next episode that will focus on the hearts connected to Sora. That's always a subject that could use some more light shed upon.

The video was a splendid composition, I liked the selection of scenes.

saintfighteraqua

Awards
I'm glad to have that cleared up. From the outside, time travel looks like a complete mess in the KH series, but it actually makes some sense, especially with this video to help out.
I can't wait for next episode.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
Anything is possible. I would prefer your theory to the actual time travel plot that we've been presented with. xD But, MX is unaffected because MX is part of the present timeline. He's the restored Somebody now that his Nobody and Heartless have been destroyed.

I wish they had done more with the replica program. You make me think of all the possibilities that plot had.
You mean one of my theories actually sounds good? Awesome! :D
I know right? It seems like the replica program should've had a greater purpose to the plot. I mean Xion's existence is still confusing in a way.. but hey at least we get Riku Replica back in DDD. No doubt he'll be in KH3. That's it, a showdown between Sora and Riku vs Vanitas and the Replica

Andy0evil

Thx for your work, and there are also lots people love kingdom hearts in China,to love it is not easy ,because lots of reasons(just like ps4 come out in China...) but nothing can defeat our love for kingdom hearts !:biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back