• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Watch the Final Trailer of KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Let's look at which time period we are there and what might happened there that involved Ventus.
There are actually two principal events that can be worth examined in this context depending on what happened in the RoL at the same time:
The first and more likely event is of course Sora turning into a Heartless. As we know Sora's body vanished and reappeared as Roxas in Twilight Town. Ventus' heart is heavily implied to remain with Sora's body and thus, during the time between Sora's sacrifice and Roxas' being fully created it is certainly possible for Ventus to make an appearance in the RoD.

I was thinking about this too. Since time seems to flow slower in the RoD it is possible that Ven`s heart could have stayed in the RoD for that probably rather brief amount of time. Since Ven also seems not to respond to Aqua`s call and is very passive looking, his heart was is still slumbering and healing the damage that was done with the fight against Vanitas.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
A member noticed that the inward spikes of the emblem make seven, so it's possible the emblem is for both factions, the xblade, or just the Seekers' emblem. Other than that, KHx's ending featured the encounter between the Guardians and Seekers, though we have to wonder if that was the first historic encounter, or the second one with Sora and Xehanrot.

The seven inward spikes being there is the reason why I proposed it being the symbol of the true X-blade. Maybe this symbol is actually the keychain of it?
as for it symbolizing both factions I dunno, all in all it looks a little too aggressive and "evil" in design to represent the Guardians of Light and those who want to protect and not destroy the world.

Then again though, if there is really "X-super" written on the red part it makes it even more mysterious. The X is clear for what it can stand, either the X-blade or the Recusant's sigil.
The "super" however...may it be short for "Superbia", our seventh and last missing deadly sin?

I was thinking about this too. Since time seems to flow slower in the RoD it is possible that Ven`s heart could have stayed in the RoD for that probably rather brief amount of time. Since Ven also seems not to respond to Aqua`s call and is very passive looking, his heart was is still slumbering and healing the damage that was done with the fight against Vanitas.

That's what I think makes the most sense without digging into further theory territory by making even more assumptions and "what-ifs".
I remember we also see Ventus totally comatose/sleeping in Snow White's glass coffin in one scene, so maybe the recuperation steps of Ven's heart are somewhat visualized through Aqua's journey, possibly due to her still existing connection to Ven.
I.e. it starts out with the coffin scene when Ven's heart is still totally shattered and so badly wounded he shows no visible reaction at all and the scene with unresponsive but already standing (and possibly slowly moving) Ventus is from a later stage of his recuperation process, but it is obviously still a stage where he isn't fully "there" again.
Then there is of course also the scene with the Guardian/a Darkside grabbing Ventus' form (if it is really Ven's heart or just a projection is still up to debate) and Xehanort in DDD knows that Ven is "a broken boy" so maybe the events in 0.2 are where Xehanort learns about this.
Where Ven's heart actually is he would learn later from Xemnas considering how Roxas looks like, after Mickey finally saw what Roxas looks like in Re: Coded he put two and two together rather quickly so Xehanort would do so even quicker with both the information from 0.2 and Xemnas/Days, explaining why he not only knows but can also try to use it to weaken Sora's heart in DDD.

It is also noticeable that during the Nightmare-dream trip Sora takes in DDD Ventus is the last of the hurting hearts he "meets" by literally turning into him for a few seconds.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
The idea of Aqua playing 'dress up' in the KH equivalent of hell is offputting to me, but ultimately it was a very exciting trailer with shit I am excited about. Love Darkside!

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I remember we also see Ventus totally comatose/sleeping in Snow White's glass coffin in one scene, so maybe the recuperation steps of Ven's heart are somewhat visualized through Aqua's journey, possibly due to her still existing connection to Ven.

That would be interesting.

I.e. it starts out with the coffin scene when Ven's heart is still totally shattered and so badly wounded he shows no visible reaction at all and the scene with unresponsive but already standing (and possibly slowly moving) Ventus is from a later stage of his recuperation process, but it is obviously still a stage where he isn't fully "there" again.

I think one of the Famitsu scans had Ven walking with Terra in the forest full of thorns, so I we will probably see a somewhat moving Ven in 0.2. I am now looking even closer to the scene where Aqua meets them at the hill, and it seems that Ven´s eyes are closed. So in a way he really is "sleep walking" or what ever he is doing.

Then there is of course also the scene with the Guardian/a Darkside grabbing Ventus' form (if it is really Ven's heart or just a projection is still up to debate) and Xehanort in DDD knows that Ven is "a broken boy" so maybe the events in 0.2 are where Xehanort learns about this.

I am pretty sure it`s Guardian who grabs Ventus. Darksides have sharp and pointy claws, and that thing that grabs Ventus seems to have normal fingers like the Guardian.
Yeah, it`s possible that Xehanort learns about him there. Hirokey had an interesting idea that Xehanort could also learn about the chamber where Ven sleeps in that scene too, by Aqua explaining to Terra where Ventus is. I can imagine it now: Terra and Aqua being worried about Ven`s odd state, Aqua tells about Ven`s location Terra to calm him and shit goes down.

I am also wondering since that might be Terra`s heart and Terra`s heart had darkness in it, maybe the Terranort/Guardian that appears there is the manifestation of Terra`s own darkness?

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
That would be interesting.

I think one of the Famitsu scans had Ven walking with Terra in the forest full of thorns, so I we will probably see a somewhat moving Ven in 0.2. I am now looking even closer to the scene where Aqua meets them at the hill, and it seems that Ven´s eyes are closed. So in a way he really is "sleep walking" or what ever he is doing.

I am pretty sure it`s Guardian who grabs Ventus. Darksides have sharp and pointy claws, and that thing that grabs Ventus seems to have normal fingers like the Guardian.
Yeah, it`s possible that Xehanort learns about him there. Hirokey had an interesting idea that Xehanort could also learn about the chamber where Ven sleeps in that scene too, by Aqua explaining to Terra where Ventus is. I can imagine it now: Terra and Aqua being worried about Ven`s odd state, Aqua tells about Ven`s location Terra to calm him and shit goes down.

I am also wondering since that might be Terra`s heart and Terra`s heart had darkness in it, maybe the Terranort/Guardian that appears there is the manifestation of Terra`s own darkness?

It would certainly give an interesting spin on showing "updates" on Ven's status somewhat without going too much into meta-heartstuff.

Considering the wound his heart suffered from destroying the X-blade prototype was worse than the one inflicted by Vanitas' creation I can easily see why Ventus would be in such a situation and largely unable to speak or act even as a projection.
When he first came to Land of Departure he also was still in a pitiful state despite Sora helping to stabilize his heart and actually collapsed due to Terra just asking some questions (granted, Terra was a little pushy there, but still), which Nomura described in the BBS Ultimania as "Ven's heart having not yet fully formed again" which may be a synonym for "not fully healed".
In the four years between Ven's arrival and the begin of BBS proper Ventus does develop in a good pace due to Terra, Aqua and Eraqus caring for him and Terra actually mentions to Xehanort that "Ven got much better since then (then speaking about when he first came to LoD)".
Ventus being so broken and frail at the beginning might also have contributed to the somewhat overprotective stance both Aqua and Terra take on him during BBS itself.

Now I imagine Aqua seeing Ventus in that state again and how painful it will be for her knowing he's so broken and suffering yet again, not to mention that if Terra is really consciously there how much of a gut punch it will be for him, especially when Xehanort's taunts of "how powerless he is to save his friends" may still echo in his ears.

Sounds reasonable about it being the Guardian then, I haven't the anatomy of Darksides fully in my mind so I'll just trust your word on this.
Hirokey's idea sounds actually pretty solid since several things would fit together that way, not to mention the bitter irony that Aqua and/or Terra might have given away Ventus' status and the location of his body and soul inadvertently to Xehanort, their worst enemy who's responsible for all their suffering.

The idea of all this being a manifestation of Terra's own darkness could also give a totally different spin to the scene with the Guardian.
Looking at the screenshot I don't see Terra there at all, only Aqua, Ven and the Guardian.
If that "Guardian" is a manifestation of Terra's Darkness instead of a controlled minion of Xehanort, maybe the Guardian "grabbing" Ven is actually a misaimed protective gesture made by Terra in his despair whicn only drives him deeper in, eventually losing control fully and then Xehanort himself makes his appearance, laughing at how Terra still can't control even his own darkness and possibly sarcastically thanking Aqua for all the information she has given him.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Oh sure, the one day I don't look at anything KH related til I get home, and it's the day that they drop a trailer on us.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
So I can't really screenshot but in the area that Mickey is first seen as a party member is anyone else weirded out how intensely bright that area is? Like this is the realm of darkness right? So why does it look like we're exploring a beautiful cave opening up into some intensely sunny area? Think maybe that's part of Destiny Islands and it's gimmick/notable thing is that it's super ridiculously bright like a sunny day in the realm of light?
It's part of 0.2's gimmick where each world is connected to each other. You can see the merging between Enchanted Dominion and Destiny's Islands.
What's odd is that DI was not in the Realm of Darkness at the end of KH1 right? That's why Mickey had to stay on the other side of the door while the boys stayed in the Realm of Inbetween.

Sally-boiii

Awards
My second time watching the trailer, and at the very end when Sora shows up at Yen Sid's quarters in the MT, I just realized when Goofy said "you've been gone a long time. What were you doing?", that he was talking about the very end of DDDs. Just interesting I guess.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
It's part of 0.2's gimmick where each world is connected to each other. You can see the merging between Enchanted Dominion and Destiny's Islands.

They are smashed together after all anyways. Ansem SoD forcibly created a KIngdom Hearts out of the fallen world's hearts remember? The black heart around the Door to Darkness?
Destiny Islands did fall near the beginning of KH 1 so it can be assumed that its heart may have been part of the whole mishmash for at least a time.

Maybe Mickey's and/or Aqua's actions actually result in "detaching" DI and creating the door from the final rest in KH 1, paving the way for Sora's final battles against Ansem SoD?

Muke

whatever
Awards
Okay, I'm wondering.
In the Menu, there are two options: "Wardrobe" and "Customize"
Everything we see in the trailer (Cat Ears, Minnie, her dress, etc) happens in the Wardrobe Menu, so I wonder what the Customize Menu will be about, since I thought THAT was all in the Customize Menu… ?

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Okay, I'm wondering.
In the Menu, there are two options: "Wardrobe" and "Customize"
Everything we see in the trailer (Cat Ears, Minnie, her dress, etc) happens in the Wardrobe Menu, so I wonder what the Customize Menu will be about, since I thought THAT was all in the Customize Menu… ?

The Customize menu has been in several previous Kingdom Hearts games - it's where you assign spell shortcuts and the like!

Muke

whatever
Awards
The Customize menu has been in several previous Kingdom Hearts games - it's where you assign spell shortcuts and the like!
Ooooohhh, okay, that makes sense! I'm playing the games in German, so I didn't recall xDD
Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back