• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Watch GameInformer Play Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

With less than one month until the release of Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX, Gameinformer has released a 10 minute video showcasing a level from both Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix and Birth by Sleep Final Mix, as well as a scene from Re:coded.

The video showcases Timeless River and Terra's story in Disney Castle as Gameinformer staff Bryan and Kimberley discuss their memories with the games, the graphical update of 2.5 and just general banter about the Kingdom Hearts series. 

You can view the original article, as well as the video, on Gameinformers website.

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
"I'm surprised that Coded made its way in here…it didn't have the best story" I'm paraphrasing those two commenting on this. Um, I can't say that I understand their surprise. And I don't get why people call it Three Five Eight instead of three hundred fifty eight. Do the math, 365-7=358. Sora was asleep for a year, Roxas existed for a year but spent the last 7 days in Ansem the Wise's TT. Hence the 358 days. It's not that strange/complicated of a title and it makes sense given the context.

But other than that, I can't wait!

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
It always cracks me up when we get self-proclaimed diehard fandom. For example, pretty sure a diehard fan would know the official suggested play order in BBS - pretty common knowledge around these here hills, but just the fact that Kimberley said she wouldn't have played Re:coded if that had made it a game in this collection pretty much voids that statement.

Still, they seemed to enjoy what they saw for the most part, and that makes me happy~

Hakan Xatos

Awards
Still not certain if he knew how to properly defeat the Tank Toppler or didn't care lol. I know I'm biased but the review seemed a bit nitpicky. Definitely could tell they didn't like Re:Coded... I mean I can understand that, because the story is complicated and hard to follow. However it was still good and had ties with DDD. Besides if it was an actual game with updated HD graphics, unique levels (Turn-base, side-scroll, etc.), boss fights with Riku, Roxas, and their bug versions who wouldn't want to play it again? Oh well, I think they'll rank it an 8.25 at least. Any lower and they're crazy.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It always cracks me up when we get self-proclaimed diehard fandom. For example, pretty sure a diehard fan would know the official suggested play order in BBS - pretty common knowledge around these here hills, but just the fact that Kimberley said she wouldn't have played Re:coded if that had made it a game in this collection pretty much voids that statement.

Still, they seemed to enjoy what they saw for the most part, and that makes me happy~

Mm, we know all about the "diehard" fans.

But yeah, I'm glad they are liking the collection. A gorgeous collection like this deserves as much praise as possible.

Is "diehard" a term they like to throw around?

It's a term most people will throw around regardless if they know enough about a series or not.

Still not certain if he knew how to properly defeat the Tank Toppler or didn't care lol. I know I'm biased but the review seemed a bit nitpicky. Definitely could tell they didn't like Re:Coded... I mean I can understand that, because the story is complicated and hard to follow. However it was still good and had ties with DDD. Besides if it was an actual game with updated HD graphics, unique levels (Turn-base, side-scroll, etc.), boss fights with Riku, Roxas, and their bug versions who wouldn't want to play it again? Oh well, I think they'll rank it an 8.25 at least. Any lower and they're crazy.

Well, it was just a sneak-peek. They didn't nitpick nearly as much as they could have been.

Oh gosh if Re:coded was playable I'd cry and never stop. The gameplay was the BEST part of Re:coded (besides all of Sora & Riku's dialogue).

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Wow, that Re:coded roasting. Consider my jimmies rustled.

What a couple of lamers. Never mind the great characterization/dialogue and fantastic gameplay mechanics. It's ~the same worlds we've played before~ and ~the plot wasn't that great but I'll never actually explain why I think this~.

Kind of off-topic here but I don't totally understand why returning worlds is such a poorly-received concept in the fanbase. Like, it's a digital version of Jiminy's Journal, where do you think we're gonna go?

Anyway, it was an alright video. His gameplay was lackluster, though I can't say I expected anything more.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Re: Coded has some of the best characterization and dialogue in the series and also introduced stuff that'll play a roll in III, such as the Datascape (which was further exploring the whole digital world concept introduced in II) and that anything can grow a Heart.
I mean yeah, if they think it's story wasn't that good, that's their opinion after all, but they act like Re:Coded is so unimportant to the story nothing about it is worth mentioning. It hurts my fudgy little heart. ;_;

Last edited:

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Those are just ignorant videogame analysts. It kind of sucks when you're given a job to play out something to show the world and you have harsh things to say rather than putting a someone from the work place that can showcase it as a fan, for the fans and for the next fans.

Beardman

I'm really not pleased with this video. :mad:

They both sounded so uninterested and bored the whole time, I didn't feel like they really had anything good to say about any of the games, except that they "liked" them. Not to mention they were totally ragging on Re:Coded. I mean hey, I'm not going to say it was my favorite of the series but I felt the gameplay and story was exceptional, despite the narrative being a tad short.

GI should have picked someone who actually IS a diehard fan who could have reeled in new players to build the fan base. :(

kreezy64

Awards
Once he said "I've played Destiny Islands like 500 times already pleas don't make me go back there" I'm like oh shut the HELL up we haven't even seen the main island at all yet, we didn't even get to physically play there in KH2 OR BBS and I would love nothing but at least an hour and a half of game play on DI if it was divided between the island and the mainland

saintfighteraqua

Awards
I personally didn't care for Re:Coded (at least compared to the rest of the series).
Don't get me wrong, I was happy to have a new KH game to help hold me over.
I enjoyed the story but I thought overall it was just not that good game play wise. I didn't hate it, I just felt it was a slog going through and I was so glad when it was over...which should be the opposite of a KH game.
If I had to rank the KH games I'd probably go with:
KH 1
BBS
KH 2
DDD
358/2
Re:Coded.
The top three are almost all number 1 to me and subject to change places, but the last three on the list are pretty much set. I'm hoping KH 3 is my new #1.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
On the plus side the game looks great. The character art for Sora's Timeless River outfit looked really good. And Re:Coded looks amazing!

The Re:coded dislike kills me ;~;

I agree. Now which games each person likes and dislikes is their opinion, of course, but the fact that they gushed over how great KH2 and BBS were and then immediately crapped on Re:Coded honestly ticked me off.

Mm, we know all about the "diehard" fans.

Oh gosh if Re:coded was playable I'd cry and never stop. The gameplay was the BEST part of Re:coded (besides all of Sora & Riku's dialogue).

Oh "diehard fans". I watched the IGN review of KH 1.5 and the big KH fans in that review thought that Sora had a different voice actor in Re:CoM. :confused:

I also liked the gameplay of Re:Coded. Lots of variety.

Well Re:Coded is a spinoff after all, its a non numbered title! Bha

I wouldn't call it a spinoff, and all of the games besides KH1 and 2 are non numbered so...

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm really not pleased with this video. :mad:

They both sounded so uninterested and bored the whole time, I didn't feel like they really had anything good to say about any of the games, except that they "liked" them. Not to mention they were totally ragging on Re:Coded. I mean hey, I'm not going to say it was my favorite of the series but I felt the gameplay and story was exceptional, despite the narrative being a tad short.

GI should have picked someone who actually IS a diehard fan who could have reeled in new players to build the fan base. :(

To be fair, they can't hire people based on what they are fans of. They are hired for their writing talent, and it is really impossible to have "diehard" fans working in a field where these writers have to play dozens of games and write about them.

Once he said "I've played Destiny Islands like 500 times already pleas don't make me go back there" I'm like oh shut the HELL up we haven't even seen the main island at all yet, we didn't even get to physically play there in KH2 OR BBS and I would love nothing but at least an hour and a half of game play on DI if it was divided between the island and the mainland

Right? We haven't seen DI in ages and anybody who says they are tried of DI are lying through their teeth.

I personally didn't care for Re:Coded (at least compared to the rest of the series).
Don't get me wrong, I was happy to have a new KH game to help hold me over.
I enjoyed the story but I thought overall it was just not that good game play wise. I didn't hate it, I just felt it was a slog going through and I was so glad when it was over...which should be the opposite of a KH game.
If I had to rank the KH games I'd probably go with:
KH 1
BBS
KH 2
DDD
358/2
Re:Coded.
The top three are almost all number 1 to me and subject to change places, but the last three on the list are pretty much set. I'm hoping KH 3 is my new #1.

I can definitely understand the sentiment, but when I played I couldn't get enough of it and found that it featured my favorite Sora out of any Sora shown in this series.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
@saintfighteraqua

What!? No Re:COM in your list? Man you must not have liked Re:COM if it didn't make the top 10 of a 7 game list lol.

I can agree that Re:Coded is my least favorite, but I still really liked it as a game. My 98+ hours on my save state says so anyways.

I think my rankings would go...
1st-KH2 (Good mix of story, gameplay, characters, etc.)
2nd-KH1 (Nostalgia, always be a classic)
3rd-DDD (Big fan of flowmotion, the controls, those new worlds)
4th-Re:COM (I actually really liked the card gameplay and deck building strategy. I play this one a lot if I want a change of pace. Plus intro to Org 13)
T-5th-BBS (Great story, characters. Got annoyed by the filled command gauge automatically going off and my PSP taking forever processing. Kind of got burned out by the intertwining and actually took several breaks before finishing.)
T-5th-358/2 (Really got into Roxas' and Xion's background. The story was really good and I felt what Roxas was going through.)
7th-Re:Coded (Whenever I felt like playing KH1 away from home)

I also agree that I hope KH3 will be my new favorite! If it isn't, I may be sad lol.

MasterKaze

Awards
And I don't get why people call it Three Five Eight instead of three hundred fifty eight. Do the math, 365-7=358. Sora was asleep for a year, Roxas existed for a year but spent the last 7 days in Ansem the Wise's TT. Hence the 358 days. It's not that strange/complicated of a title and it makes sense given the context.
People call it Three Five Eight Days Over Two because that's technically the correct title. Proof:

[video=youtube;uI7LyPNsqUg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI7LyPNsqUg[/video]

You'll hear it at about the 23 second mark. It's also been called that in interviews.

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
I wouldn't call it a spinoff, and all of the games besides KH1 and 2 are non numbered so...
I wasn't serious.

People call it Three Five Eight Days Over Two because that's technically the correct title. Proof:
You'll hear it at about the 23 second mark. It's also been called that in interviews.

Well I stand corrected. Changed my mind, Days does have a dumb/strange title then.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
I wasn't serious.

Well I stand corrected. Changed my mind, Days does have a dumb/strange title then.

Still makes sense either way if you think about it.

3 meaning: Axel, Roxas and Xion.

5 + 8 = 13

The 5 are up to something and the other 8 as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back