• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Watch: English Versions of Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory and 2020 Trailer

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Square Enix have just released English versions of the recent Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory and the Kingdom Hearts 2020 Trailer. While the in-game voices are still in Japanese, the text on the video is now available in English confirming that Kingdom Hearts Union X is entering its final chapter and that Kingdom Hearts Dark Road will launch on June 22nd.

SQUARE ENIX® and Disney today announced KINGDOM HEARTS Melody of Memory, an all-new rhythm-action game coming in 2020 for the Nintendo Switch™ system, the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One family of devices, including Xbox One X. This ultimate celebration of music and adventure marks the KINGDOM HEARTS series’ first appearance on the Nintendo Switch™.

Featuring over 140 musical tracks and 20 characters from throughout the beloved series, KINGDOM HEARTS Melody of Memory provides fans with an unmissable opportunity to relive their favorite moments like never before. Players will journey through iconic Disney worlds, and join forces with recognizable Disney characters whilst enjoying unforgettable KINGDOM HEARTS series music, alongside timeless tracks from Disney’s cinematic classics. Alongside the engaging single-player content, KINGDOM HEARTS Melody of Memory invites players to enjoy unforgettable melodies together with online* multiplayer for even more of a challenge.

Fans excited for the release of KINGDOM HEARTS Melody of Memory, can also look forward to the KINGDOM HEARTS III original soundtrack, which will feature many of the unforgettable and timeless tracks from the critically-acclaimed KINGDOM HEARTS III and will be available globally in Fall 2020.

Additionally, from June 22 KINGDOM HEARTS fans can explore the mysteries of a teenage Xehanort in KINGDOM HEARTS Dark Road, a brand-new, original story experience for mobile devices. Players can uncover new secrets from this untold part of the KINGDOM HEARTS story, using accessible card-based gameplay mechanics within Disney worlds.

Last edited by a moderator:

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Either this was late or, the Japanese trailers went up early to combat leaks.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Relieved to find out that my article title wasn't just clickbait and we really are entering the final chapter of UX lol

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Seeing Sora use special attacks like Ars Arcanum and Thundaga is pretty damn cool.

Wish they had kept Kairi’s Japanese line of “I’ll never forgive you” though.

Edit: To be clear, idk Japanese and am going by what seemed to be the consensus of what she said according to others who translated. But those translations could have been inaccurate, so what SENA gave us may be more correct. Idk. I also care less about the exact wording of the line itself and more about the switch in meaning (per fan translations) from the line being about her personal feelings towards this character to just being a generic “I won’t let you get away with this!” kinda line. Neither line is particularly creative, but one gives us more insight into the character’s feelings.They also seemed to remove the line where Kairi recognizes her own shortcomings which is unfortunate.

With Goldpanner saying the SENA translation is accurate, I trust her and respect that they gave an accurate translation. I’m still not a fan of the line they chose to go with though.

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Is there any particular reason to not reuse pre-puberty HJO audio for the KH1 Sora? It's not like he has new lines, is there?

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Sorry, but this line hurts my eyes and ears whenever I come across it. :LOL:

To each their own. As far as quality dialogue goes, neither version is particularly good in my opinion. But for the English version, I can’t help but think SENA wanted to censor what she originally said to not send the message that someone pure of heart would refuse to forgive someone. Which I strongly disagree with. Choosing not to forgive your abuser doesn’t make you any less of a good person. But I’m probably reading into it too much. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Transliteration still hurts localization efforts if it's something as colloquially bizarre as, "I'll never forgive you!"

Awards
Is there any particular reason to not reuse pre-puberty HJO audio for the KH1 Sora? It's not like he has new lines, is there?
Maybe cuz it's Data Sora.

Or cuz they used KH1 Sora so much that post-puberty HJO's voice is more fitting than pre-puberty.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
maybe they forgot kh1 sora ever sounded different at all

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
so how many of us are having online tournaments?

I got five words for ya kid.

"The Online Games."
Phil.png

sephydark

Awards
I’m thinking Jafar might actually turn into an all powerful genie this time.

I dunno, seems pretty out there for a KH game.

Really great to get confirmation that Dark Road is coming out on the 22nd for global too; I was a little concerned our version might be delayed since the Reddit Q&A was cancelled and the twitter hadn't posted anything for a bit.

Hirokey123

Awards
To each their own. As far as quality dialogue goes, neither version is particularly good in my opinion. But for the English version, I can’t help but think SENA wanted to censor what she originally said to not send the message that someone pure of heart would refuse to forgive someone. Which I strongly disagree with. Choosing not to forgive your abuser doesn’t make you any less of a good person. But I’m probably reading into it too much. 🤷🏼‍♂️
I dunno I kinda like how the english localized Kairi's line. One is just that she won't forgive the person but now it's actually darker than that. She's saying she won't allow that person to walk away alive or at the very least not before exacting her own vengeance on them. The english line is Kairi is essentially saying "for what you've done to me and my friend I will end you." The change goes from her saying she won't forgive her abuser to her saying she will kill her abuser.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I’m thinking Jafar might actually turn into an all powerful genie this time.

Anyways, very excited for everything! Dark Road is so close.
At this rate, I'll be glad if all the Disney worlds actually had their respective villains as boss-songs. Especially since the game probably isn't gonna reuse the same song for more than 1 stage (IE no hearing Rowdy Rumble or Vim & Vigor a dozen times over) & the keyblade graveyard scene showed that boss tracks can be used in other stage types it'll be a wonder if there's even enough music for every Disney villain.

Back