• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Watch: Direct Feed Capture of Kingdom Hearts 0.2!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Yeah, the 24 hour upload time probably didn't help with the clip. I will go on the record and say that 95% of what I played from 0.2 was extremely smooth and beautiful.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Great to hear. I remember when Square uploaded that short amount of direct footage after E3 and the frames were a bit choppy, but it looked smooth overall and that was an even older build of the demo than this. I'm sure the final version will be fantastic. And even if it's not perfect, a few dropped frames never hurt anyone.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
The new upload looks and flows worlds better than the previous one; there are still a few concerning frame drops, but I reiterate; there's no reason this game shouldn't run well. It's not open world, there aren't tons of particles, and it's not like there are tons of characters on screen.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The new upload looks and flows worlds better than the previous one; there are still a few concerning frame drops, but I reiterate; there's no reason this game shouldn't run well. It's not open world, there aren't tons of particles, and it's not like there are tons of characters on screen.
When playing, it was only noticeable when there was a lot happening on screen. So like pulling out the snowflake at the end of Spell Weaver when battling the Devil's Wave caused a few drops.

I agree in that those shouldn't be there and since this build is a few months old, not to mention they gained an extra month of time with the game, hopefully that time was was spent optimising it.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
You're absolutely welcome. The contrast is a little high but you're still able to get a good idea of what the game looks like in 1) motion, and 2) visuals (including the screenshots).

Link NX

the vid is down wtf?????????

anyway it looked good but I have four complaints

Willa's performance is undeniably worse than it was in BBS.
a COMBINATION of a bad voice director and a bad voice actor. the aqua character is already emotionless - more pensive than feeling - and it doesn't help that we get these tonally undiferentiated lines from willa. whaty were they thinking?

Frame rate is inconsistent but they tried targeting 30 anyway
i'm tired of pcucks don't get me wrong but listen up, they need toi stop playing this frame rate game. don't target ABC, don't metion 60 fps for one game and have a completely different rate for another. if you have to then simply don't release the game.

the finisher can't be changed
i ALWAYS hated Magic Pulse in BBS because its slow af and takes forever to come out. watching the gameplay, magic pulse has that same floatiness and it needs to stop. let me use explosion.

critical mode nowhere to be seen
listen up I play KH games on highest difficulty and seeing the HP bar loop already the bar of the portrati is not good. i don't want tons of hp. give me 90 cap.

Muke

whatever
Awards

a COMBINATION of a bad voice director and a bad voice actor. the aqua character is already emotionless - more pensive than feeling - and it doesn't help that we get these tonally undiferentiated lines from willa. whaty were they thinking?
Cannot agree. She is very much better, especially in the cutscenes.

i ALWAYS hated Magic Pulse in BBS because its slow af and takes forever to come out. watching the gameplay, magic pulse has that same floatiness and it needs to stop. let me use explosion.
Magic Pulse? Is that another name for Ars Magica? If so, I actually like it. It doesn't have the permanent damage like it had in BBS
listen up I play KH games on highest difficulty and seeing the HP bar loop already the bar of the portrati is not good. i don't want tons of hp. give me 90 cap.
It's a demo. It's possible they've toned stuff down.
We do know that you can change the difficulty, so I do think there'll be a Critical Mode.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Sorry about that! It's back up.

This was just a vertical slice from the beginning of the game. As you can see, Aqua regains some abilities throughout the demo so the option to change her finishing move might be a customisable thing.

As we saw in the recent trailer, there are the usual difficulty modes. The demo is on easy so the most amount of people can finish it at conventions. Critical mode should include the caps.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Yeah! You can't activate a gear when using a command style, that really annoyed me.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards

Frame rate is inconsistent but they tried targeting 30 anyway
i'm tired of pcucks don't get me wrong but listen up, they need toi stop playing this frame rate game. don't target ABC, don't metion 60 fps for one game and have a completely different rate for another. if you have to then simply don't release the game.

1. I have ti disagree with you on Willa's performance, I think she sounds significantly better than BBS, which I thought was pretty stiff and emotionless.

2. If your enjoyment of a game is based on the frame rate then this might not be the game for you. Some of the greatest games ever made have targeted 30 fps and fell lower, so unless frame rate dropping inhibits the game in some way, which I feel like it doesn't, then there's no issue with how many frames per second the game runs. Plus it is a demo, and the game has not yet gone gold, so there's been plenty of time to fix that small issue.

3. Not sure that we know for a fact that the finisher cannot be changed in the full version of the game when this was only a demo. If indeed we can't in the full game, I understand the concern there, especially if you aren't a fan of it, but we don't know for a fact that it is permanent. The demo was search an early portion of the game that we could very well learn more later.

4. I'm confident there will be a critical mode, and like every KH game aside from the remasters, I'm sure you'll have to unlock by beating the game once. The only reason critical was available in the remasters was because of large portion of the audience for those games had already beaten them. Just because the HP bar loops around doesn't mean you have obscene amounts, as they could have very well just changed how the HUD looks from previous games. Until we see the number for HP and how enemies later deal damage to it, it is unfair to judge the difficulty based solely on the HP bar. Aside from the remasters, you'll probably have to earn critical by actually playing the game, as we had to in practically every other KH.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

I actually think she sounds better when she does the cutscenes. But her battle quotes are okay. I like when she says "Enough".

[/B]i'm tired of pcucks don't get me wrong but listen up, they need toi stop playing this frame rate game. don't target ABC, don't metion 60 fps for one game and have a completely different rate for another. if you have to then simply don't release the game.

0.2 is a new game which uses a new engine. KH3D has the convenient option of having a stable 60FPS since it's not graphically heavy.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I have to day I was positively impressed with Willa in the final trailer.
Her voice is a bit thin ingame but I actually don't mind that.

Wayward

I am for the most part happy with Aqua's new battle quotes.

In some of the gameplay, I noticed that while cartwheeling Aqua still took some damage between one of them. I'm glad that there are less invulnerability frames for that dodge move, it really needed to be taken down a notch.

Link NX

Magic Pulse? Is that another name for Ars Magica?
Magic pulse is the name of the finisher move with the spheres of light . It is very slow to come out which breaks the pacing of combat . It's an odd choice too because Aqua is seen to be much quicker in this game than she was in BBS . Really odd.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
So other places are getting their footage up and for some reason the event in I think Spain was allowed to show more so here.

E3 vs PGW

qoMF2md.jpg

C0M-s70UUAAwVMf.jpg

Last edited:

Borjalyokox

Just in case someone wants to see this version, It looks better, less blurry, and we can see a little conversation between Aqua and Terra. It also contains some kh3d footage. (The details on Terra's hands are INSANE, that skin colour. Aqua has huge hands though).
[video=youtube;Pgvj4LHtVDY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pgvj4LHtVDY[/video]

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
^ Considering no one else from these events posted that scene, I'm guessing this person broke NDA lol

Thanks for the comparisons, Chaser! They've made a huge difference, but we've still got a ways to go. It's great to see their progress with the new tech :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back