• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Watch: Direct Feed Capture of Kingdom Hearts 0.2!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

WaveK89

I suppose the frame drop didn't really affect me much if at all, but I suppose it's a different experience watching it rather than playing it myself. Perhaps that's a good thing in my case, haha. Anyway, I do appreciate the work you took into bringing this video to us. It just has me more excited for the game more now than ever.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Last thing I'll say on frame rate issues, since this discussion ultimately ends up being very cyclical, but if the game drops below 30 frames frequently, and players find it to be a fundamental issue, saying "I don't notice it, it's not a problem" is the antithesis of a good conversation. If Square has put out multiple KH games that run at a solid and consistent 30 fps, that effectively establishes a bar of quality.

If 0.2 is released in January and runs at a clunky sub-25 fps (which I don't think is something that will happen but it's possible) then we shouldn't look the other way because we want to love the game, but we should make it known that it was an issue with the title. Pretending there's nothing wrong with a game you ultimately like is a non-starter for good feedback to Square Enix. The team working on Kingdom Hearts HAS responded to the fanbase's criticisms, as many improvements have been shown in 0.2, ie. quicker animations, weightier jumps, pointed and more satisfying combos. Let's not ignore a fundamental issue.

We want KH3 to be everything it can be, so let's not try and shut people down for discussing what they like and dislike.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The frame rate for DDD was solid though, so that's at least good!

I really can't wait for next month. Having this little taste of the future of Kingdom Hearts has me begging for more. Japan is so lucky that they have less than a month to go now.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Wait... They've really gotten rid of fish face? Seriously? Has the dream finally come true? Dare I hope?:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Also, Rhyme be looking beautiful.

More excited to play DDD again then I ever thought I would be... This time please just don't kill me, please, Dives.

So does 0.2 play at all like XV, Chaser? I'm really curious now, because I think the XV gameplay has seriously become some of my favorite of all time and I'd love to see that fluidity in KH... Not that KH didn't always have that (KHIIFM especially), but I'm blinded by the XV goodness right now.

Btw... this is a bit off topic, maybe... but do you guys think 0.2 will have a menu trailer? I really hope so, but I doubt it. That's such a thing of the past--and 0.2's so short, anyway--but I'm used to my KH games having menu trailers (KH1, KH2, BbS, and DDD... though DDD's was technically the opening of the game) and I adore them!

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
As others have said, the framerate is looking clunky but I'll chock that up to this being an earlier build of the game/demo and hope the framerate will be tightened up by January. Won't be the end of the world if there's some mild frame issues though. If I can get through The Last Guardian without caring about the framerate issues I'm sure this won't bug me much either if the issues persist.

It's cool that they recorded brand new battle quotes for Aqua as well. At first I thought "Wow, she sounds so different" but then I realized it's almost been 7 years since BBS came out, so obviously Willa's voice isn't going to be exactly the same as it once was. Besides, her spoken lines are spot on in both this and all the trailers, so no worries here.

stareyedprince

If the framerate issues aren't fixed by release date, hopefully they can at least fix it via patches, considering 2.8 will be the first KH game to be available digitally.

Everything else seems good, took me a while to get used to Aqua's new battle quotes because of how much i'm used to her BBS lines lol.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
So I've spent the last few hours going back and forth over the footage because while the game had frame rate issues, the whole video seems to be affected so Ashton69 was probably right in his assessment.

I re-exported the footage and it's a 13gb file size as opposed to the original export which was 1.8gb. I'll reupload it as an unlisted file and see if it's improved.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Another issue with Avid is it affect the quality. What it's meant to look like

CzxGgK3UAAAdA8J.jpg

vs what the imported footage looks like

CzxGhTDVEAAJ61U.jpg

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

Man, the surroundings look really great. The surfaces of the house walls, roads and walkways really look like that they have been made from rock, and the parts that are from wood really look like wood. I also love the little flower beds on the windows.

I hope that the frame rate issue will be fixed in the final build of the game.

Borjalyokox

The game looks AWESOME, can't wait.

The only thing is the antialiasing... The hair, part of the costume and eyelashes look a little bit bad, let's hope they improve that.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The game looks AWESOME, can't wait.

The only thing is the antialiasing... The hair, part of the costume and eyelashes look a little bit bad, let's hope they improve that.
Mmhm, I really wasn't expecting antialiasing to be in the demo. I honestly had thought it wouldn't be a thing in this game haha!

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Even though I've known about it for a couple of years, it is still trippy seeing that Unreal logo in the beginning.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
So the new file has been uploading for about 14 hours now. Only 23% to go! Here's an update on the new visuals y'all will get to see:

Old:
RP9pQoK.jpg

New:
CtxXn4Y.jpg

The problem was my import settings. The files imported had some issues but I sorted it all out. Unfortunately didn't get to do a QA test on the video before uploading as I was on a tight schedule the other day.

Something I don't think I mentioned before was Reality Shift. They removed the linking of the orbs in La Cité des Cloches so you don't make a custom path however I enjoyed using them in the Cathedral to quickly move around. The one in The Grid was fun too, although I wouldn't mind a little bit more time to make a decision about which option to select instead of my impulse reaction come in and continuously choose "switch target"

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The OP has the latest video in it, which will finish processing on YouTube in about 3 minutes from this post.

If there's any issues with it then I don't care anymore, I just want to give my computer a rest xD

Please enjoy!

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
The OP has the latest video in it, which will finish processing on YouTube in about 3 minutes from this post.

If there's any issues with it then I don't care anymore, I just want to give my computer a rest xD

Please enjoy!

Looks great, Chaser. Thank you for the new upload.

After watching again, and knowing quite a lot about video properties and rendering myself, my opinion is that the choppiness that I'm seeing in both the previous upload and this one isn't the game. I believe it's the capture equipment or even just the result of video encoding issues. There are times when it's obviously the game, but other times where it seems like the video. So, I think this is a slightly choppy capture of a frame dropping demo, resulting in what looks like horrible framerate issues, but probably isn't as bad as it looks. Even if it is, let's hope Square polishes it all up before January.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back