• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Watch: 60fps Gameplay of Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix and Birth by Sleep Final Mix

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
them showing the drive form transformation was a very deliberate decision and a very nice thing of them to do

hlc1988

Awards
I would be interesting to see how different the graphics look in comparison to the PS3 version. If there is a notable difference...

Also... all the bugs that people say were present in 2.5, I never had any of them.

sephydark

Awards
Looks like 60 FPS caused a lot of problems. Well, I was actually surprised they did that because I was expecting something like this might happen. Hopefully they patch these issues out soon, though.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
oh, stop. 60fps is fine for casual play-- that said, for speedrunners and hardcore players who have optimal strats, 30fps SHOULD be a toggleable option.

and KH2 crashing on save is very very annoying.

Precursor Mar

I wonder if there will be a patch for these errors caused by the 60FPS glitching everything. This also reminds me of playing older computer games designed for a slower version of adobe flash & newer versions speeding things up too much.

Doubt it. They were perfectly content with leaving the PS3 ports the untested glitchfests that they were.
And with this collection most likely being worked on exclusively by the studio's janitor and an Aqua body pillow, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Sonicfan2525

Awards
Honestly all of this chaos that has erupted over the problems plaguing this port of a port has reminded me why it's so hard to tolerate some of the people in this fanbase sometimes. There are literally people on YouTube saying "We got the game in 60 FPS therefore these aren't problems and it's the definitive way to play the games". I even seen someone say "We should be used to this by now", like its okay that this is how the games are being released

The game crashing while you are saving is a freaking problem. A collection of older games that now have new glitches and issues in general in an HD port is a freaking problem

A majority of the game's issues probably can be fixed via a patch, but it's ridiculous that Square didn't do a significant amount of bug testing to make sure most of the game was optimized to work in 60 FPS. The game wouldn't have to be completely remade to get these problems to go away. There is no excuse for old games to be plagued with new problems that have to be patched up like this, and the game now running in 60 FPS doesn't make all of these problems okay.

EDIT: Sorry for ranting on this particular thread, but I seen that a few people were talking about it and I thought it would be a good place to vent my frustrations. I am still very happy we have all the games on PS4 and in 60 FPS, but the existence of new bugs and glitches along with how people are trying to defend them really aggravated me.

Last edited:

Precursor Mar

Honestly all of this chaos that has erupted over the problems plaguing this port of a port has reminded me why it's so hard to tolerate some of the people in this fanbase sometimes. There are literally people on YouTube saying "We got the game in 60 FPS therefore these aren't problems and it's the definitive way to play the games". I even seen someone say "We should be used to this by now", like its okay that this is how the games are being released

The game crashing while you are saving is a freaking problem. A collection of older games that now have new glitches and issues in general in an HD port is a freaking problem

A majority of the game's issues probably can be fixed via a patch, but it's ridiculous that Square didn't do a significant amount of bug testing to make sure most of the game was optimized to work in 60 FPS. The game wouldn't have to be completely remade to get these problems to go away. There is no excuse for old games to be plagued with new problems that have to be patched up like this, and the game now running in 60 FPS doesn't make all of these problems okay.

EDIT: Sorry for ranting on this particular thread, but I seen that a few people were talking about it and I thought it would be a good place to vent my frustrations. I am still very happy we have all the games on PS4 and in 60 FPS, but the existence of new bugs and glitches along with how people are trying to defend them really aggravated me.

Just MARVEL at the ignorance on display in the comment section for TheGamersJoint's latest video for a microsecond. Squeenix could literally ship each and every one of them a broken disc, and they'd still respond with "durr well at least they gave us a disc".

You know shit's bad when more effort is being poured into defending a game in a YouTube comment section than was originally poured into the game itself.

Last edited by a moderator:

Caxinuld

Awards
Well, now I know that buying 1.5+2.5 is going to be a waste of money if you can't even save reliably & the 60FPS makes the game more difficult than necessary. Let's just hope Square releases a patch so people who already bought the game don't have to worry about encountering game breaking glitches anymore.

smellslikejavier

Doubt it. They were perfectly content with leaving the PS3 ports the untested glitchfests that they were.
And with this collection most likely being worked on exclusively by the studio's janitor and an Aqua body pillow, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Well they did patch KH 2.8, and I also remember getting a patch for my FFX-X2 PS4 remaster. Since they are now on PS4 they might be more willing to patch this 1.5+2.5 collection.
Also I remember reading some people saying that the English demo shown at PAX East had some of this glitches and bugs fixed, let's hope that's true and we get a better version when it comes out on the West.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

I completely agree with you. I feel like a large amount of the fanbase feels like criticizing the game equals hating on them, even though it doesn't. It's not a secret that 1.5 and 2.5 on PS3 were not only awfully executed but even more awfully localized. Now the same thing happens with 4.0 and people keep on saying "d'uh, just be happy you got the game in 60 fps!". Uhm no, if I gotta pay 50/60 fucking bucks for it, I expect a bit more.

Precursor Mar

Well they did patch KH 2.8, and I also remember getting a patch for my FFX-X2 PS4 remaster. Since they are now on PS4 they might be more willing to patch this 1.5+2.5 collection.
Also I remember reading some people saying that the English demo shown at PAX East had some of this glitches and bugs fixed, let's hope that's true and we get a better version when it comes out on the West.

They patched 0.2, i.e. the only game in this entire collection trilogy they cared about. They didn't even touch 3D, despite me stumbling on stream upon stream of people glitching through the floor.

You sure about those fixes? Because Soraalam played it too and confirmed the Xemnas 1 crash still exists.

smellslikejavier

They patched 0.2, i.e. the only game in this entire collection trilogy they cared about. They didn't even touch 3D, despite me stumbling on stream upon stream of people glitching through the floor.

You sure about those fixes? Because Soraalam played it too and confirmed the Xemnas 1 crash still exists.

Yeah but DDD didn't had as much bugs as the 1.5+2.5 collection, or at least they weren't as noticeable. Honestly I didn't saw many people complaining about that port as I did with the 1.5 and 2.5 ones, I saw many playthroughs of people finishing it with no problem.
Also I said that according to the couple of comments I read they fixed SOME of the glitches found on the Japanese version, I didn't said they fixed them all. Since they were just some random YouTube comments I can't assure you that Square really fixed anything for the western versions and I can't remember the videos were they left those comments, but I found it interesting that those comments were made by different people on different videos sharing positive reviews about their experience with the demos.

Also alongside with FFX-X2 I just remembered they also released a patch for the PS4 version of FFVII, so hopefully with the majority of their PS4 remasters getting patches this one will also get one at some point.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back