• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Was Xemnas truly a Nobody?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Key of Valor

The Professor
Horizon's Knight said:
Actually, XH was kicking in Riku's body for quite awhile, so Xemnas could have sensed this and decided not to take any chances.

Xehanort's Heartless was only a threat to Riku. Xehanort's Heartless couldn't cause trouble for Xemnas until Xehanort's Heartless overpowered Riku's heart. Also, if Xemnas had the ability to use the Keyblade, he would have used the Keyblade when he was fighting for his life against Riku and Sora. He had nothing to lose by using the Keyblade, and he had everything to lose by not using all the power at his disposal to fight his enemies. Xemnas' battle against Riku and Sora was after the influence of Xehanort's Heartless had been eliminated from Riku's heart, thus practically removing Xehanort's Heartless from the equation.

Absolute

Nomura said that there is a possibility that Xemnas was choosing not to wield a Keyblade. There is also a possibility that Xemnas was just unable to wield a Keyblade at all. If Xemnas could use a Keyblade, then he would have used a Keyblade. There is no reason for why Xemnas wouldn't use a Keyblade.

True. if he could use a keyblade, he wouldn't need Sora so much. However, because Nomura said that he possibly chose NOT to use one leads us to believe that he can but something stopped him. if Nomura never said that in the interview, this whole topic would never exist.

Key of Valor

The Professor
Absolute said:
True. if he could use a keyblade, he wouldn't need Sora so much. However, because Nomura said that he possibly chose NOT to use one leads us to believe that he can but something stopped him. if Nomura never said that in the interview, this whole topic would never exist.

It is in the series' best interest for Nomura to keep the audience guessing. Nomura can accomplish this by leading the fans down the wrong paths with false leads to keep the true answers hidden. The series has long depended on its plot mysteries to generate fan interest in new installments.

Nomura's willingness to introduce the possibility of Xemnas having a heart is something I find very suspicious, especially since if Xemnas did turn out to have a heart, the audience would be significantly less surprised. If Xemnas having a heart isn't supposed to be a plot twist, then why doesn't Nomura just confirm that Xemnas has a heart? I really think that the introduction of that possibility was just one of Nomura's games to keep the audience in the dark by fueling fan speculation with misdirections.

I also don't see how Xemnas having a heart even matters at this point, since Xemnas is supposed to be gone.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Hoooo, waitaminutethere. Does Roxas have a heart? When did this happen???

Uh yeah, where have you been? Lol.

Let's see...
err...you know that Roxas looks like the identical twin of another person right? (hint: BBS).
And that he awakened a second keyblade at the end of Days when he had an emotional breakdown? Guess to who that second keyblade belongs.
Roxas also has real emotions unlike the other nobodies.

Combining all the above together and adding the fact that the dominating heart dictates the appearance of a body (read: Sora's body was the one Roxas inhabited) it should be pretty easy to see whose heart Roxas was carrying around and using to feel real emotions.

Gram

Banned
Awards
^ no cause the ability didnt awaken til roxas' emotional breakdown near the end of Days, it was then that roxas could borrow ven's keyblade.
as for sora he didnt get the ability til roxas joined with him at the beginning of kh2.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
^ If Roxas(and Sora for that matter) had Ven's heart then why couldn't they double wield the whole time?

Don't forget that Ven's heart is very badly injured and sleeping, his keyblade was sealed away.

^ no cause the ability didnt awaken til roxas' emotional breakdown near the end of Days, it was then that roxas could borrow ven's keyblade.
as for sora he didnt get the ability til roxas joined with him at the beginning of kh2.

Exactly, when Xion "disappears" near the end of Days, Roxas experiences an emotional backlash so intense he manages to access Ven's heart (which he is unknowingly carrying) fully for a short time, awakening Ven's sealed Keyblade.

Which is logical since Roxas was the one who activated the ability for the first time, so Sora didn't get it until the end of the prologue of KH2. ;)

Gram

Banned
Awards
^if i had to take a guess i'd say game mechanics is the sole reason.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
^if i had to take a guess i'd say game mechanics is the sole reason.

I wouldn't doubt that Nomura liked the idea of two Keyblades at one time, but I'm sure he also thought that it would be too easy if it were just an ability. The Drives sufficed well enough.

axel95

Awards
I think that Xemnas is like Roxas, a Nobody with at least one heart. I'm hoping DDD sheds some light on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back