• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Was There A Reason For Mickey/Riku Doing This?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Both Mickey and Riku have black coats that protect them from the darkness. Why didn't they wear them in the Realm of Darkness while searching for Aqua? Wouldn't that have helped them not get beat up and need to "power up" their keyblades? Riku may not have a coat that fit him and also he threw away his coat when he stripped down in KH2, but Mickey should still have a coat that fits, so he could have worn it.

Anyone have thoughts on this? I thought maybe the coat only worked on wielders of darkness, but Mickey used it just fine in KH2.

Foxycian

Awards
Riku doesn’t need the Coat anymore his imminum to darkness, as for Mickey I don’t know why he didn’t wear it but my guess is he believes his light is strong enough to face the darkness.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Riku doesn’t need the Coat anymore his imminum to darkness, as for Mickey I don’t know why he didn’t wear it but my guess is he believes his light is strong enough to face the darkness.
If Riku's immune to the darkness, then how did he almost die (and get a haircut) from the heartless in the Realm of Darkness? And I guess Mickey may have believed that, but that means his misguided belief caused him to get beat in the RoD.

disney233

Awards
It's the new clothes. They have the same effect, since they are made of the same material, I think. Soras Outfit should have the same protection.
Makes me wonder how Mickey was able to go through the RoD in 0.8, since this was LONG before he had the new gear....THE DUDE HAD NO SHIRT EITHER. Anyway, it makes me wonder, is Mickey's wardrobe, perhaps darkness proof thanks to Yen Sid?

Foxycian

Awards
If Riku's immune to the darkness, then how did he almost die (and get a haircut) from the heartless in the Realm of Darkness? And I guess Mickey may have believed that, but that means his misguided belief caused him to get beat in the RoD.
Well to answer that, dying and being immune is kinda different, riku even after being inside a demon tower he was still fine even after it spit him out, other characters will probably die or get corrupted by the darkness if that happened to them, also the riku haircut happened cause replica riku fused with him rewatch that scene.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Now I want a segment of KH3 were SDG travel through the realm of darkness wearing black cloaks. Actually that sounds more plausible then I thought.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
It's the new clothes. They have the same effect, since they are made of the same material, I think. Soras Outfit should have the same protection.
How did the three fairies get the material that the Master of Master coats are made of? Also, how was the seamstress able to make Riku/Mickey's new outfits out of a black material?

Kokoko253

Awards
How did the three fairies get the material that the Master of Master coats are made of? Also, how was the seamstress able to make Riku/Mickey's new outfits out of a black material?
I guess the material isn't that much a secret, since the Organizations had them as well. I doubt they just found the MoM's secret stash of coats, they had to make their own. (The question is, who was the Organizations' seamstress? Vexen?)
An easy solutions to a lot of questions is that Yen Sid was on a secret mission from 2's beginning until DDD to find the secret material. He may have stolen some right from the Organization's wardrobe. (I hope we get a game based on that. A stealth game where you play as Yen Sid, trying to steal clothes from the Wardrobes of Darkness is what we need while waiting for 4)
As for the colour, paint? Paint magic. Whatever the fairies did to Sora's clothes in 2.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
We see Young Xehanort wearing the coat in Re:MIND's intro as he speaks with the MoM. There's a possibility that Yen Sid acquired the knowledge through Xehanort and Yen Sid gave the knowledge to the Fairies.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
We see Young Xehanort wearing the coat in Re:MIND's intro as he speaks with the MoM. There's a possibility that Yen Sid acquired the knowledge through Xehanort and Yen Sid gave the knowledge to the Fairies.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

It's like a well-known piece of lore mentioned in bbs that Eraqus, Xehanort, and Yen-Sid were all friends as trainees.

Any

Awards
Riku is immune to darkness, I think

Michael Mouse is being Michael Mouse

Back