• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Was the Pluto we saw at the beginning the real one? *SPOILERS*

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Soldier

Awards
Hello,

After a while of thinking and revisiting the end of the original KH for that epic hand in hand reprise, I got to wondering. We all know what happens after the door to darkness is sealed, SDG encounter pluto on a grassy plain with one straight path, they notice that in his mouth is a letter from the king, and they foolishly chase after him for what is presumably days on end. Then they eventually give up, leading to Castle Oblivion.
But was this Pluto real?
At this time, The King and Riku are still stuck in the Realm of Darkness, nowhere near a pen or quill to write the letter in the first place. We also know that during the events of the first KH Mickey's first objective was to get to the realm of darkness, so he couldn't have given pluto the letter without some contrived plot device. Which leads to my ultimate theory,
The Pluto we see at the end of KH and the beginning of COM, is an illusion.
Think about it,
Marluxia had to lure SDG to the castle in the first place, we would think it is when he approaches Sora at the famous crossroads with Donald and Goofy fast asleep. But it could have been the illusionary Pluto that lured them to that spot in the first place. Evidence supporting this theory is that the organization has known about Sora's heroism for quite some time, and it wouldn't be farfetched to think that they were watching him before their direct interference. we know that during the events of the first 3 games Pluto is world hopping from place to place, but how is he getting around when the worlds were closed off from each other?

This was just a little something I cooked up in my spare time, Nomura might've said what was on the letter, and if not, it'll be added to the pile of unsolved mysteries of KH

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
What if that Pluto wasn't an illusion but Pluto was actually working for Org. XIII this whole time?

I intended this as a joke but then I remembered that one scene in Re: Coded that showed Pluto finding and jumping through a dark corridor like he was looking for one. It also had Goofy and Donald having forgotten Pluto was with them, which is really odd. And when Sora's mind was getting screwed with in DDD, the Traverse Town scene has Pluto running from where he found Sora to Third District but vanishing out of view with the corridor sound used.

So now I'm suspicious.

Soldier

Awards
What if that Pluto wasn't an illusion but Pluto was actually working for Org. XIII this whole time?

I intended this as a joke but then I remembered that one scene in Re: Coded that showed Pluto finding and jumping through a dark corridor like he was looking for one. It also had Goofy and Donald having forgotten Pluto was with them, which is really odd. And when Sora's mind was getting screwed with in DDD, the Traverse Town scene has Pluto running from where he found Sora to Third District but vanishing out of view with the corridor sound used.

So now I'm suspicious.
The Re:Coded scene you mention takes place shortly after the destruction of the guard armor and the first meeting of SDG. It's supposed to show how pluto left traverse town and began his odyssey. Since this scene takes place in the third district, that would make sense that Pluto is in the area (maybe he's behind the walls when the heartless close the trio in?). Come to think of it, that's another mystery. Who opened that dark corridor? and why?

Back