• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Was the Kingdom Hearts in KH Really a Fake too?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

KH Kingdom Hearts -- Real or Not?

• Yes, it was the Real Kingdom Hearts

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • No, it just happened to be Similar to the Real Kingdom Hearts

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Veritas7340

I've heard here that the Kingdom Hearts in KHI was a fake.

While I see the reasoning given for that, I'm uncertain about this.

Xehanort said that (paraphrased):

"After the Keyblade War, Kingdom Hearts was buried underneath the darkness, never to be seen again."

The KH that we see in KH1 was buried underneath the darkness in the dark realm. We see the light emanating from it, that was pure and powerful enough to vanquish Ansem SoD, but never actually see it.

The 7 Pieces of Light (PoH) were used to unlock the path to the RoD where the KH lay.

It could've been the real Kingdom Hearts for all we know.

Thoughts for and against?

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Kingdom Hearts 3D explains it a little better concerning Kingdom Hearts.

According to legend, the source of all true light is known as "Kingdom Hearts."

We know Xehanort has created two Kingdom Hearts now, both artificially, by amassing enough hearts. One was made from the heart of worlds, and the other from the hearts of people.

The Kingdom Hearts made from the hearts of worlds had a door that led to the realm of darkness; its depths were never fully charted.

The Kingdom Hearts made from the hearts of people was believed to have the power to recomplete someone whose heart had been lost.

Note how it says artificially. The Kingdom Hearts that was probably close to being authentic, for the lack of a better term, was the one Master Xehanort summoned in Birth by Sleep.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Though I myself am still at loss about the light pouring out from beyond the door, the KH in KH1 was actually artificial, made from the hearts of the worlds. It's been stated by the Glossary entry in DDD.

Glossary entry on Kingdom Hearts said:
According to legend, the source of all true light is known as "Kingdom Hearts."

We know Xehanort has created two Kingdom Hearts now, both artificially, by amassing enough hearts. One was made from the hearts of worlds, and the other from the hearts of people.

The Kingdom Hearts made from the hearts of worlds had a door that led to the realm of darkness; its depths were never fully charted.

The Kingdom Hearts made from the hearts of people was believed to have the power to recomplete someone whose heart had been lost.

Edit: Ninja'd big time by Zephyr. With the exact same quote at that.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Though I myself am still at loss about the light pouring out from beyond the door, the KH in KH1 was actually artificial, made from the hearts of the worlds. It's been stated by the Glossary entry in DDD.

Same here. The light is still up in the air for debate. I'm assuming the artificial/natural Kingdom Hearts are similar to Emblem Heartless/Pureblood Heartless; artificial wise. The light that appeared in KH probably was "real" but just came from a replica Kingdom Hearts.

Veritas7340

Same here. The light is still up in the air for debate. I'm assuming the artificial/natural Kingdom Hearts are similar to Emblem Heartless/Pureblood Heartless; artificial wise. The light that appeared in KH probably was "real" but just came from a replica Kingdom Hearts.

Sounds legitimate. The experience that the game conveys makes the gamer feel that Ansem SoD found the real Kingdom Hearts and that Sora and co needed to seal it off. I can see how it can be revealed as just a genuine replica.

It is curious how that particular Kingdom Hearts in KHI was buried in the RoD as the real one is supposed to be. I find it cool how although it was a replica, it was very much alike to the real Kingdom Hearts. (at least in comparison to the artificial one in KH II)

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
If the Kingdom Hearts we saw at the end of KH1 wasn't the same one Xehanort summoned in BBS, then how was it created? Was it made from the hearts of the worlds destroyed by Maleficent and Ansem?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
If the Kingdom Hearts we saw at the end of KH1 wasn't the same one Xehanort summoned in BBS, then how was it created? Was it made from the hearts of the worlds destroyed by Maleficent and Ansem?

Yeah, like the glossary states. The Kingdom Hearts in Kingdom Hearts 1 was made from the hearts of the worlds. The one in II was created by the hearts of man. The Kingdom Hearts summoned in BBS may not have even been the full thing as it was haphazardly summoned preemptively.

Anyway, there isn't a debate in this topic as far as whether or not it was real. It wasn't, so says the 3D glossary. (which is pretty much word of God in the KH series)

Though the nature of the light is certainly interesting...

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
This may come down to semantics, but as far as I can tell, we only know that the KH's were created artificially; i.e. that the process used to bring them about was wrong. The results on either end would have been incomplete because of that, but that's not to say they weren't genuine. Kingdom Hearts is the source of all Hearts and both Xehanort's Heartless and Xemnas had only focused on the collection of certain kinds of Hearts to summon KH.

The light beyond the DTD came from Kingdom Hearts and was real, because that Kingdom Hearts of Worlds was a part of the whole, contrasting with the Kingdom Hearts of People-- both were simply procured by unreliable means. I have an idea that Xemnas and Xehanort's Heartless were meant to "combine" these two versions along with themselves and become an all powerful being, but obviously that never came to fruition.

The Kingdom Hearts in BBS appeared at the near creation of the X-Blade and was probably the complete Kingdom Hearts, but when the X-Blade failed to form it was lost again.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

If only you would take a look at the Glossary entry...

Anyway. I think there's actually no doubting that the light pouring from beyond the door was "real". I like to analogise it this way: think of the true KH as the sun, and the KH of Worlds, the artificial one, as a flashlight. The sun and the flashlight are both sources of light, and just because the flashlight is made artificially to emulate the sun in terms of illumination purposes, that doesn't mean its light is any less real than that given off by the sun.

While not directly related to the topic, I'm actually more interested to know why Ansem SoD thought KH was able to grant him the power of darkness. Master Xehanort knew and said it himself that KH gave off light.

Master Xehanort in DDD said:
In ancient times, people believed that light was a gift from an unseen land by the name of Kingdom Hearts.

But probably it's a topic for another day.

Last edited:

Gram

Banned
Awards

There is no "if" the kingdom hearts in both kh1 AND kh2 are false which is what DDD's glossary stated which in turn are what are quoted a couple posts above.

We have no explanation for the kingdom hearts we seen in BBS however, we dont even know if MX summoned it or not either since all he technically done was part clouds and it was already there waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back