• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

was kingdom hearts 2 a let down compaired to kingdom hearts?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

silverdragon1615

abs of steel and sex appeal
Naiyo said:
you talkin bout me? *points* because I do lack that male part to make me a boy...8D;;;

Sorry I didn't know that you were a girl, by the way, only post one time in a row, it is a rule.

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
You know, you shouldn't double post, let alone quadruple post... Anyways, Disney did hold back some things (SoraXKairi kissy kissy! lol), but they did add to the game. Kingdom Hearts without Square Enix wouldn't be Kingdom Hearts... it would be Final Fantasy Beta: The search for the lost hearts, which I would not like.

silverdragon1615

it's fine Naiyo, fine just try to do it in one post next time. By the way you don't have to tell him to not quadruple post when I just told him soraawakened

brainy_pigeon

I miss a lot of the abilities that KH1 had, really.

Some things about KH2 did irritate me, like the fact that a lot of the worlds seemed really boring, but I really did like KH2.

Naiyo

Website
naiyo.livejournal.com
soraawakened: yup, both of them put into the game, it wouldnt be kingdom hearts with out both so i supose really we cant complain all to much about disney. :B and I rarley come out of the RP forums so Im new to this double posting lol X3;;
and yes, I wish they had let them atleast kissed~ ;_; mer a real one....that would have been soooo cute....
speaking of cute kairi sora kisses, totaly off topic but adorable - http://www.deviantart.com/view/32028215/

thanks thanks silver dragon ;3
[edit to brainy_pigeon]
yah, the worlds where really really short, I really hated that...
and I missed doge role! ;o; do you get that one in the second game and I was just to dumb to notice? meh~
and I liked pressing triangle to get help from your party...

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
silverdragon1615 said:
it's fine Naiyo, fine just try to do it in one post next time. By the way you don't have to tell him to not quadruple post when I just told him soraawakened
No you didn't.
Anyways, there may be some flaws, but overall it's worth the 50 bucks that we all had to pay to get it. Almost everyone on this forum was waiting the four years for it and almost went insane. I know I destroyed a few things before it finally came out. You just can't expect too much out of something, or else you will be disappointed. It furfilled the standards I had set for it (mostly), so I think it's good.

brainy_pigeon

soraawakened said:
No you didn't.
Anyways, there may be some flaws, but overall it's worth the 50 bucks that we all had to pay to get it. Almost everyone on this forum was waiting the four years for it and almost went insane. I know I destroyed a few things before it finally came out. You just can't expect too much out of something, or else you will be disappointed. It furfilled the standards I had set for it (mostly), so I think it's good.

I think some people did have their standards set too high for KH2, at least I know I did. I think it was worth the wait, but there is still room for improvement on it.

Naiyo

Website
naiyo.livejournal.com
yah...well actually I didnt pay the 50$ rofl X3 my bf at the time got it for me, I didnt even ask for it. My friends all work at the game store so he used my reservation (like the 5$ you can put to reserve it) and showed up at school and handed it to me. I started jumping and giggaling and atracted a good amount of glares...hehe
so yes...I really hope that 3 dosnt get my hopes up, thou Im trying not to expect any thing too fantastic, I just cant help it X3
[edit]
yay Im a boy again x3 I think this is the most I have ever changed genders in a day!

brainy_pigeon

Naiyo said:
yah...well actually I didnt pay the 50$ rofl X3 my bf at the time got it for me, I didnt even ask for it. My friends all work at the game store so he used my reservation (like the 5$ you can put to reserve it) and showed up at school and handed it to me. I started jumping and giggaling and atracted a good amount of glares...hehe
so yes...I really hope that 3 dosnt get my hopes up, thou Im trying not to expect any thing too fantastic, I just cant help it X3
[edit]
yay Im a boy again x3 I think this is the most I have ever changed genders in a day!

I hope I don't get my hopes up too much for KH3 either, I don't want to be disappointed again.

Maybe, it would have been better if so many people didn't find out spoilers, but I don't know.

brainy_pigeon

Naiyo said:
yah spolers really do ruin it ;-; I have heard rumors and im just like "shudupshupshudup" and cover my ears....
but ya never know...
Im still excited for it thou ;3

Maybe the spoilers are a reason why some people didn't like KH2. I know it definatley took some shock factor out of some of the major plot points in the game for me.

Puck

THE GHOST ELF of LONG BEACH
Naiyo said:
I hope this is the correct place to put this...
Hello there readers, I do not mean this to be a flame thread or to get flamed so please, if you have an intelligent thought then please share it. But if you just want to write “0mg lyk u sux kh2 iz theh4x” then please, take it somewhere else.

Also please note I haven't finished KH2...I have school...and stuff >_> I know the general idea of how it ends, but other people on the forums might not have played it or finished it so lets not shout spoilers ne?

I really loved Kingdom Hearts I, I have played it many many times since I bought it (like 2 days after it came out) and I really think it sets a standard for RPG games, even if it was based around disney plot. I think that they put such human emotion into the characters that you really get a feel for them, that is why I adored Soras character, he was amazingly human, I don't think they display that enough anymore. I also liked it because not all the characters made the right decision, Riku made a mistake but ended up repenting for it.
I also really liked the battle, magic, summon system as well. I liked that it wasn't impossible to get munny and the item syntheses wasn't to bad either. I also enjoyed the worlds you visited, they didn't try to stick exactly to the disney plot and I think they did a good job.
The deeper meaning to the plot also meant a lot to me, it wasn't just a hack and slash game-it was a true RPG even if it just fallowed a basic plot and it looked really good.
Overall probably one of my top 5, if not my favorite video game of all time.

Jumping to the GBA Chain of Memories- I only played this game on my computer for a few days....I disliked it that much.

Not only was the battle system poor (I understand they can only do so much with pixels and GBA) but the card thing was kinda dumb, and I think that they didn't get Sora's character at all. In the game I understand he is a teen, but he isn't arrogant and cocky like they make him appear to be (at least of what i have played) in the GBA game. I also didn't like the way that the plot was set up, I think they could have done better...
overall, big let down.

KHII
I was so excited for this game, I was thrilled to finally get it and I played the snot outa that game when I first got it.
Sadly, I was really let down...and I understand that its not squares fault that they had to fallow disneys rules, but it was really a great let down. I think that Sora was a lot less human and the plot was a little dry. They changed the magic system, and I really didn't like the new summons or the magic system. Drives are cool but they are just kinda a hassle and the drive gage is a pain.
I also didn't like how they did the worlds, how you go to each twice and you try to fallow the movie plot more closely, and it was like “wait, didn't this already happen?” and so you kinda get repeated plots, and as for plot there wasn't that much, there wasn't any exploring or learning. Sora just kinda went throu, said Hi again and all that crap. And it only took about 2 hours on each world to finish it completely (including getting all the items and me pausing and walking away)
the one thing I did really like about the game was Roxas, that for me made Sora not having any character growth ok. Because Roxas was so human, and so sad but accepted his fate. I really enjoyed Roxas's character and was really mad when you didn't get to play him anymore. I liked the organization, but I think that if they had just made the plot a little more simple it would have been better as far as the Ansem Xemnas (haha man sex) thing went....

well please, discuss with me cause yes I need to know what you think! No flaiming thou ;3

I agree with a few of your points especially the ones about Sora, the MP system, and the drives( duel wielding should've been accessible whenever the player wanted. Drives weren't necessary). I think the main reason KH2 was a let down to many KH fans was because their expectations were a little too high to the point it was going to be a no win scenario for Square. That is, unfortunately, the flaw in waiting 3 years to complete a highly anticipated game.

brainy_pigeon

King Sora_Strife said:
I agree with a few of your points especially the ones about Sora, the MP system, and the drives( duel wielding should've been accessible whenever the player wanted. Drives weren't necessary). I think the main reason KH2 was a let down to many KH fans was because their expectations were a little too high to the point it was going to be a no win scenario for Square. That is, unfortunately, the flaw in waiting 3 years to complete a highly anticipated game.

That's true. I think the more people heard about it and waited for it and anticipated it, the more excited people got and the higher their expectations got.

Naiyo

Website
naiyo.livejournal.com
yes, their timing was really bad. and ohhh weilding two keyblades whenever you want....that woulda been sooo cool *__* yah I never used alot of the drives till i got final form cause of anti form...i had bad luck with that.
yah =/ but with all the hype and wait over 2 it was natural i think for the fans to have such high expectations.

RsOoXrAas

The first kingdom hearts was the best in terms of the story iz concerned. Chain of memories sucked big ass. Kingdom Hearts 2's battle system was outstanding, but the story wasnt good in enough places (only in like 3 parts)

silverdragon1615

kh2 was great but for kh3 there needs to be more storline cutscenes, how about some sora and kairi cutscenes or something for kh3 they shouldn't reveal too much info just one trailer, that is it.

brainy_pigeon

silverdragon1615 said:
kh2 was great but for kh3 there needs to be more storline cutscenes, how about some sora and kairi cutscenes or something for kh3 they shouldn't reveal too much info just one trailer, that is it.

That's a good idea. That will hopefully keep too many people from being disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back