• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

was kingdom hearts 2 a let down compaired to kingdom hearts?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Naiyo

Website
naiyo.livejournal.com
I hope this is the correct place to put this...
Hello there readers, I do not mean this to be a flame thread or to get flamed so please, if you have an intelligent thought then please share it. But if you just want to write “0mg lyk u sux kh2 iz theh4x” then please, take it somewhere else.

Also please note I haven't finished KH2...I have school...and stuff >_> I know the general idea of how it ends, but other people on the forums might not have played it or finished it so lets not shout spoilers ne?

I really loved Kingdom Hearts I, I have played it many many times since I bought it (like 2 days after it came out) and I really think it sets a standard for RPG games, even if it was based around disney plot. I think that they put such human emotion into the characters that you really get a feel for them, that is why I adored Soras character, he was amazingly human, I don't think they display that enough anymore. I also liked it because not all the characters made the right decision, Riku made a mistake but ended up repenting for it.
I also really liked the battle, magic, summon system as well. I liked that it wasn't impossible to get munny and the item syntheses wasn't to bad either. I also enjoyed the worlds you visited, they didn't try to stick exactly to the disney plot and I think they did a good job.
The deeper meaning to the plot also meant a lot to me, it wasn't just a hack and slash game-it was a true RPG even if it just fallowed a basic plot and it looked really good.
Overall probably one of my top 5, if not my favorite video game of all time.

Jumping to the GBA Chain of Memories- I only played this game on my computer for a few days....I disliked it that much.

Not only was the battle system poor (I understand they can only do so much with pixels and GBA) but the card thing was kinda dumb, and I think that they didn't get Sora's character at all. In the game I understand he is a teen, but he isn't arrogant and cocky like they make him appear to be (at least of what i have played) in the GBA game. I also didn't like the way that the plot was set up, I think they could have done better...
overall, big let down.

KHII
I was so excited for this game, I was thrilled to finally get it and I played the snot outa that game when I first got it.
Sadly, I was really let down...and I understand that its not squares fault that they had to fallow disneys rules, but it was really a great let down. I think that Sora was a lot less human and the plot was a little dry. They changed the magic system, and I really didn't like the new summons or the magic system. Drives are cool but they are just kinda a hassle and the drive gage is a pain.
I also didn't like how they did the worlds, how you go to each twice and you try to fallow the movie plot more closely, and it was like “wait, didn't this already happen?” and so you kinda get repeated plots, and as for plot there wasn't that much, there wasn't any exploring or learning. Sora just kinda went throu, said Hi again and all that crap. And it only took about 2 hours on each world to finish it completely (including getting all the items and me pausing and walking away)
the one thing I did really like about the game was Roxas, that for me made Sora not having any character growth ok. Because Roxas was so human, and so sad but accepted his fate. I really enjoyed Roxas's character and was really mad when you didn't get to play him anymore. I liked the organization, but I think that if they had just made the plot a little more simple it would have been better as far as the Ansem Xemnas (haha man sex) thing went....

well please, discuss with me cause yes I need to know what you think! No flaiming thou ;3

silverdragon1615

abs of steel and sex appeal
I thought personall yit rocked, but it could have been better, the only relly good storline cutscenes were at the very begging the middle with the war, and the very end(god that rocked!) but kh1 had more of that I thought, although I did like kh2 better I was a little dissapointed.

Naiyo

Website
naiyo.livejournal.com
silverdragon1615 said:
I thought personall yit rocked, but it could have been better, the only relly good storline cutscenes were at the very begging the middle with the war, and the very end(god that rocked!) but kh1 had more of that I thought, although I did like kh2 better I was a little dissapointed.
Yah, it was a good game, dont get me wrong. I just think that a lot more could have been done with the plot and characters as far as how they set it up.

brainy_pigeon

Don't get me wrong, I loved KH2. It's just that the plot wasn't set up right. Most of the worlds didn't have anything to do with the plot in the beginning. They were also too short (no exploration, no platforming.). Also, I think KH was just more fun overall.

R o x a s

it was a realy good game...and im sorry to say but i just dont have enough time to read everything here
All i would like to say
It was a good game, but i was expecting better, and the ending kinda was not as good as first ...witch pissed me off

Also whats up with all these negative kh threads all the sudden?

Naiyo

Website
naiyo.livejournal.com
brainy_pigeon said:
Don't get me wrong, I loved KH2. It's just that the plot wasn't set up right. Most of the worlds didn't have anything to do with the plot in the beginning. They were also too short (no exploration, no platforming.). Also, I think KH was just more fun overall.
I agree 100% ^^
I think if disney would have had less controle over the game then it could have been better as far as plot goes...but ya know ya have to just take things like that sometimes when you have a game that is like that =3;

sephy 9 2 5

I think that's because your told onething in KH and told completely conradicting stuff in KH2 so it became too complex. I like KH better than KH2 because it was harder the reaction commands made it way too easy.

Naiyo

Website
naiyo.livejournal.com
R o x a s said:
it was a realy good game...and im sorry to say but i just dont have enough time to read everything here
All i would like to say
It was a good game, but i was expecting better, and the ending kinda was not as good as first ...witch pissed me off

Also whats up with all these negative kh threads all the sudden?
no worries, I understand.
and Im not trying to be negative...I was just thinking about it and I really just didnt like the second one as much, I absolutley love the first game, just the second (well third realy) just didnt do as much for me as the first one did...I guess I had high expectations that the new game was just gunna be great, and dont get me wrong it was a good game I just think they could have done more with it. ^^

brainy_pigeon

Naiyo said:
I agree 100% ^^
I think if disney would have had less controle over the game then it could have been better as far as plot goes...but ya know ya have to just take things like that sometimes when you have a game that is like that =3;

Yeah. I think the plot would have been way better if it was set up differently.

Naiyo

Website
naiyo.livejournal.com
sephy 9 2 5 said:
I think that's because your told onething in KH and told a completely conradicting stuff in KH2 so it became too complex. I like KH better than KH2 because it was harder the reaction commands made it way too easy.
yah the reaction comand thing was different, but I think it would have been imposible to do the 1000 heartless thing without it x_x;
and I didnt like it cause it got in the way alot, you would go to do one comand and then you would move or the heartless would move and youd get another...

R o x a s

Well the thing i find out about it is that it was a passive game...It was very Ok...But it was just to "happy"...i need drama

Now i haveto go study for my finals Cya And Wish Me Luck :p

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
Sorry to flame a tiny bit, but why the heck would you post something like this in a KH2 fan forum? It's just common sense. Don't say I didn't warn you, I bet other hard core fans will flame you to death.
KH2 did have some flaws, like all games do, but it was a truely good game and lived up to the first Kingdom Heart's greatness. I could not be more satisfied (except maybe the graphics, but that doesn't matter). I can say without hesitation that it was better than the first. And wayyyy better than COM, I can agree with you there. But the card system was original, gotta give Square Enix props on that.

Naiyo

Website
naiyo.livejournal.com
R o x a s said:
Well the thing i find out about it is that it was a passive game...It was very Ok...But it was just to "happy"...i need drama

Now i haveto go study for my finals Cya And Wish Me Luck :p
yah, I need that bitter sweet to keep me intrested, there really wasnt that much sadness in this one. I only cryed a few times as to me getting kinda depressed over the first one X3 Im a little to emotional i think...
and
GOOD LUCK! *salut* XP I have my finals wednesday and thursday

Kaiku

Bronze Member
Website
www.s14.invisionfree.com
I really do not wish to flame but the number of people I’ve seen so far saying that Kingdom Hearts II was a waste is getting ridiculous. There are many ideals and beliefs because there are many people. If you did not like it that is good for you but there are many people (like myself) that found it to be very good. I do not discredit your thoughts but must you really complain? It’s pointless and really does not get you anywhere. All you really get are flames and people agreeing with you. It does not change the game.

silverdragon1615

abs of steel and sex appeal
Dude he posted this here because itIs all about kh2 he just wants to see if others think like him, which is pretty much the point of forums.

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
Kaiyuku said:
I really do not wish to flame but the number of people I’ve seen so far saying that Kingdom Hearts II was a waste is getting ridiculous. There are many ideals and beliefs because there are many people. If you did not like it that is good for you but there are many people (like myself) that found it to be very good. I do not discredit your thoughts but must you really complain? It’s pointless and really does not get you anywhere. All you really get are flames and people agreeing with you. It does not change the game.
I concur. Don't complain here, complain to Disney (if anything the reason you think it sucks), and they'll send you a nice automated thank you letter in return. Not like it will help, but it might stop your anger.

Naiyo

Website
naiyo.livejournal.com
soraawakened said:
Sorry to flame a tiny bit, but why the heck would you post something like this in a KH2 fan forum? It's just common sense. Don't say I didn't warn you, I bet other hard core fans will flame you to death.
KH2 did have some flaws, like all games do, but it was a truely good game and lived up to the first Kingdom Heart's greatness. I could not be more satisfied (except maybe the graphics, but that doesn't matter). I can say without hesitation that it was better than the first. And wayyyy better than COM, I can agree with you there. But the card system was original, gotta give Square Enix props on that.
Hey, I undersand that alot of people love the game and a hard core fans or whatever, so am I. I really do love alot of thigs about this game, I just want feed back on what other people think.
Im not going 'oh god this game sucked' Im just seing if other people didnt like what I liked or vic versa.
I understand that this may make people angry, and I dont mean to sound like a jerk but I really just wana know what people think.
Dont get me wrong it was a good game, i have said that several times. I just dont think personally it was as satisfying as the first.
but yes, agreed COM was really not good. but yes, go origionality 8D

Naiyo

Website
naiyo.livejournal.com
Kaiyuku said:
Sorry if I seem like im complaining, I guess thats one of my personality quirks.
=/ Im really not trying to, just trying to get a feel and discuss since I have no one else to really talk to about the game (all the people I know dont know the differance between an RPG and a fighting game or racing game at that.)
and I have said this several times, I really did like the game. I just like talking about it, and going into what I thought and if you dont like that Im sorry, Im not trying to be rude-in fact I tried very hard not to be and I dont think anything I said was really an attack at the game, just my opinion. so Im sorry if you dont like my opinion, and if you dont have anything constructive to add to the conversation then please dont add to it ^^

Naiyo

Website
naiyo.livejournal.com
soraawakened said:
I concur. Don't complain here, complain to Disney (if anything the reason you think it sucks), and they'll send you a nice automated thank you letter in return. Not like it will help, but it might stop your anger.
....Im not angry o_o;; and Im not complaining, atleast I dont think I am.
and yes, disney really did cause some problems, but I dont think the game could have been handled as well in 1 with out the disney characters. I mean they wernt the best, but square probably wouldnt have made such a glittry plot with out them, so really we should be thankfull for the contributions disney made.
and hate them for how much they ruined.....
lol jk 8D

Naiyo

Website
naiyo.livejournal.com
silverdragon1615 said:
Dude he posted this here because itIs all about kh2 he just wants to see if others think like him, which is pretty much the point of forums.
you talkin bout me? *points* because I do lack that male part to make me a boy...8D;;;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back