• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Was it all just a dream?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

yamibakura

One of the first things that got my attention from Kingdom Hearts was the intro.In the first lines Sora says something about having a dream and questioning if its real or not.This philosphy is displayed throught the intro movie with emphasis on the "dream" element.However throught the game this isnt touched upon again and this idead was brought back in DDD.
When i first heard of this game i thought it was about sora getting sucked into Disney's universe trough a TV.Maybe thats what it was really.Its possible that Sora is sleeping on the beach of Deastiny Islands and all this is happening in his mind.Think this:a sureal universe where good and evil are represented by light and dark and each world is seperated form each other floating in space.This could all be a big dream.Im saying this based on the first intro lines from KH1 but sometimes these first lines end up being connected to the finale of a story.

Samhain

Bronze Member
If this happens...I swear I will throw all my KH games in the trash.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Not an unpopular thought. It's been hypothesized before. Very unlikely for it to occur though. At least if it were to happen it would explain a lot of the nonsense that occurs in the KHverse; dreams usually make little sense from time to time.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
I feel the "dream" elements carry through Destiny Islands, and only then stop. Weird shit like Sora's mom and his perpetually cold dinner. I also don't think it's "all a dream" but I wouldn't be surprised if we had some remnant of an earlier, shittier draft poking around.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Nomura once said in an interview he wanted people to question the journey within KH1 along with Sora. "Is this real? Is this a dream?"

This idea comes to life within KH3D with the whole Inception theme going on, but I honestly don't expect that to be what this series is boiled down to. That's probably the best way to piss fans off lol

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
KH3 secret ending:

Nomura reveals it was all just a dream; Xehanort comes to life and possesses him.

That would mean... KH character would come to rea-life. Into our world.
Our world would be connected.
The KH characters would exist here.

*gets the Dragon Ball KH characters radar and finds all characters*
*Xehanort voice* And they will soon belong to meeeeee! >:'D

Now seriously, this kind of theory is rather popular in other series too. Like, they make the main character mentally ill or schizophrenic or something, and then imagine the sad reality. I think it's unnecessary thinking. That line will forever remain in our minds, it was mysterious and made us curious, I don't think there's an actual influence of that line to the plot... Sora didn't really wonder about things through the story, so that line must be something to catch the public's interest o.o

SoraHeart

This is my first time to put an answer into a thread yet i think i might know the answer..

As you see when BBS was released it just broke the idea that the things happened to sora and etc. are not just a dream but a reality for it wont show any history at the first place i wouldn't believe that it will just end but a dream

for nomura intruduced a new whole of char. for the throw back aspect :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back